Stupid things you should know...

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Always close the toilet seat before opening up your over the toilet cabinet. Such is the wisdom of the paws. Combined with a distaste for dunking her items in toilet water.

Paws
Yup, I just did that like 10 minutes ago. Now I'll have to use Hubby's deodorant in the morning.

Never close your head in a sliding glass door. A skull will bounce back and forth surprisingly well.
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightwind »

Don't deside to be stupid and send your friend skittles via snail mail just to be annoying... they melt and get the mail all sticky...
(not that I've actually done that, but my friend and I we're gonna bug another friend by doing that... must have been high that day... one or two skittles actually made it into an envelope...) :shakeno
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

Never assume you friend knows that being kicked by a horse is worse then being bitten... I told my friend that horses bite and kick and so not to lead a horse close in front of or close behind my extreamly grumpy. An hour later I almost had a heart attack when I saw her standing...not even rushing past, but standing behind my horse holding another horse. When I went to tell her off about it she said she had figure that the horses bite would hurt more than its kick.
I am no longer a knight who says NEE! I am a knight who says Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Never do jaywalking if you see that there is a car coming. :doh!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

NEVER go to work in a restaurant when you're recovering from puking the whole day before!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

Never canter without stirups on an excited horse...
I am no longer a knight who says NEE! I am a knight who says Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

People, don't put half-full paint cans up high - put them on the GROUND so others won't open a door and knock it to the floor and spill it everywhere.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

On the same note, don't put a bottle of olive oil in front of a cabinet. The cabinet shall be opened and the bottle shall smash.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Never dye or lighten your hair without putting newspaper down.

The excess hair lightener will volcano out of the mixing bottle and leave suspcious looking puddles all over the carpet.

If you do do this, and are tring to get rid of the mess, make sure there is indeed a bin liner in the bin before you throw away the offending bottle. Once it starts blowing it can't stop...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by littlebamf

The excess hair lightener will volcano out of the mixing bottle...
OMG, I thought all those warnings on the box were a joke! Do you have to leave a lot in the bottle for that to happen or something? I've dyed my hair dozens of times and never had an explosion. (Though I spill dye all over the bathroom every time.)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

*reviving a pretty fun topic*

Don't lick anything on or attached to a lighting rig in a theatre. Especially when the roof might be leaking.

Result: one electric shock and one closed theatre. (And no, it wasn't me.)
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

... yeah, I was about to ask... why in the world... anyhow.

On a related note, never, ever grab a lightbulb to try to dim its glare (we have a small light over the soundboard and lightboard). If it has rubber shielding on one side, that does not in fact mean that it has shielding all around it; thus, you should not enclose your entire hand around it. If you do, especially if it's a small, hot, and really powerful one, you will get burned. And it will then be hard to type. And write. Not that I'd know. ;)

Oh, and if you've done so in the past, try to learn from your mistake and don't do it again.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Pfft, I'd never be able to do that - we use a piece of gel (colour no. 203) to dim it out :D

Never paint the underside of a staircase black in the back corner of a blackbox theatre, the stairs being mainly under a black stage, in one go without taking a break.

And don't laugh when the director gets your name wrong and calls you 'Laura'.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Never wear a crop top while opening an oven. Never open an oven without first checking that you're far enough away not to be burt. Never try to pick a plate out of the oven bare handed.

(Yes... my oven hates me)
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

When photocopying, never let go of the plate before its reached the point where it wont fall shut.

Because it really hurts when your hand gets caught.

Wheely computer chair (going from one end of the room to the other / laughing hard) + leaning too far forward = laughing stock - dignity. DONT DO IT. (Face falling on the carpet ain't gona do much for the image :D)
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I’ll second the wheely chair! The first time (yes, first, I obviously don’t learn) I was leaning over to get something behind my desk when the chair went one way and my ass went the other… with the boss standing right there. :shame

And… DON’T lean too far back in a wheely chair when there’s a file cabinet behind you. :shifty
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ah...speaking of burns, don't iron in daisy dukes and stand really close to the ironing board (It was the 80's and I was a teen - me in daisy dukes now would be illegal I think. Not a pretty sight). Anyway - took years for that little scar to heal and the top of your thigh is actually way more sensitive than you'd think.

Also, don't hold a match upsidedown, and remember that a simple puff of air, or turning the match upright, will stop the burning.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Check the inside of your clothing for clinging fabric softener sheets before you go to work. I sat in the office for two hours thinking my shirt smelled really particularly good today for some reason. Then somebody said, “hey, what’s that white thing?”

Well, that would be the dryer sheet sticking out of the bottom of my shirt, of course! :toothy
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Never talk to the police man if not asked something.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by Slarti
Check the inside of your clothing for clinging fabric softener sheets before you go to work. I sat in the office for two hours thinking my shirt smelled really particularly good today for some reason. Then somebody said, “hey, what’s that white thing?”

Well, that would be the dryer sheet sticking out of the bottom of my shirt, of course! :toothy
On the same note not only should you check for dryer sheets, but for underwear too :P
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

And on the underwear......allways check that it's YOUR underwear you pick up first thing in the mornin when you can't see very well.

Coz its embarresing havin your best mate demand that you give him back his boxers.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

Don't try to lift pool tables if you have a history of back problems, You will hurt your back even if 5 other people are helping you move it...I learned that one the hard way, I was lying flat on my back for 24 hours after that incident
Marzbunny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Marzbunny »

Never forget that the dogs leash is sticking out the car door in close proximity to the wheel whil being wrapped around the dogs leg. (Poor Heidi still has a limp.)

Never touch the back of a metal office lamp.

Never stick your thumb in hot wax. You'll lose part of your thumbprint for at least three weeks.

Never run your fingers on the edge of a rzor blade when tring to get something off of it.

Never let the goat run oat of feed when you're milking it. They kick if they have no food.

Never forget you are using a sewing machine while sewing. (My great-grandma did. she got her thumbnail pierced.)

Never get your foot stuck in the pedal of a cycling machine. (that bruised)
I like bunnies, but elephants are better. :zim
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Don't trust actors to put fake blood on themselves - they'll drop it on you. And don't kneel on the floor backstage if fake blood has been used, especially if there is no light (as lighting techs are by my experience msotly lazy and never fix anythign for us) and if the floor is black.

Never take the pipe out of the front of a smoke machine and let your finger slip to where the pipe has just been inside the front of the machine - it fecking hurts. Again, damned lighting techs are useless here and we haven't had a working light backstage for a whole performance.

Don't go from never wearing heels to wearing 4 inch heeled boots two nights running. Owwie.
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Post by kamizzi »

never touch your radiator by one hand while touching your computer :)
(I'm not sure if it happens everywhere or just in my case, biut I always got an electric shock :))
:?