Welcome to Nightscrawlers!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

And welcome to our Nightscrawlers welcome forum.

There are quite a few of us who make Nightscrawlers run and we'd like to introduce ourselves.

Nightscrawlers has three administrators who work together to make decisions about the direction, appearance, and operation of the site. As a group we are known as "The Triumvirate", but as fans of comics and of Nightcrawler we prefer to hang out and just be members of the forum. In addition to the Triumvirate, a number of moderators help keep the forums tidy and play a number of roles vital to keeping the board running and interesting.

So welcome, feel free to make a thread in this forum to introduce yourself, and stay awhile.

The Nightscrawlers Triumvirate
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

*starting off the intros*

Hola, I'm NachtcGleiskette (Nacht, Nachturne, AttackWomb and assorted others in chat...look for the pink ;)), I'm the mod of the Fuzzy Visions and Three Toed Tales forum, as well as our RP forum Scrawlerearth....

Let's see, I started coming here a little over three years ago, basically on a quest to learn more about Nightcrawler, a character I was just starting to get in to. Though, as time passed, my interest in Nightcrawler has weigned a bit (I'm a Nocturne girl ;)) though the community here is what keeps me coming back. I honestly haven't (and don't believe it possible) to find a nicer group of people than on this board. And we're also a fun fun bunch!

We def love meeting new people, and chat is ALWAYS hopping, so come check it out. There have been alotof crazy crazy moments in chat (just a tip: Don't lend your womb to Nights_dre. ESP if you want it back in good condition..). And also, if your of the creative persuasion, keep your eyes on th FV&TTT forum, I host kick ass challenges monthly. And if you like RPing, it's never too late to join!

A tiny bit about me? I'm an artist living in NY. Hmmm..how's that?

Welcome!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hello!

I just tend to go by Paws, and I've been around for about a year and a half. I am the other co-mod of the Scrawlersearth RP. We are always excited about new players for the RP, so be sure to check it on out.

We are pretty easy going here - and we have the oddest (and funnest) conversations, so don't feel shy - just jump right on in!

I am a mom (yes I am that old) of two kids, I live in Canada and I do a lot of work with animals. Nightcrawler has always facinated me, but the people here are so much more than that...and so that, and many other things, makes scrawlers my favorite site.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I'm Saint Kurt - one third of the Triumvirate.

I'm the Triumvirate's newest member and my role is dealing with the day to day operation of the forum. I've been with Nightscrawlers almost 3 years and I just fell in love with the community and its members. I think the Triumvirate unofficially formed at San Diego Comic Con in 2004 when Crash Tofu and Bamfette and I were there working and had to all get up at the same ungodly hour. The three of us would get up even earlier to go get breakfast because we liked to hang out and sit around talking about the future of Nightscrawlers together. It didn't become Official until a year later. It's been a crazy fun ride ever since!

I'm a veterinary student at the University of Illinois, but I've had half a dozen other odd "professions" that I'm not even going to list.

My "claim to fame" here at Nightscrawlers is that I played Nightcrawler for a summer at a museum in Chicago. Because of this fun little gig I got to touch and wear parts of Nightcrawler's actual hero costume from X2 in a storage vault as well. This was what I wore every weekend.

I try to be "Saint Kurt" everywhere on the board, but you might see old threads refer to me as "zamweasel". That's because I changed by name when I became an administrator. I wanted something more ... nightcrawlery.

Welcome!

-e
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I'm idsunki. I work at a comic shop, and Nightcrawler has been my favorite since I was about twelve or so. I play Doug Ramsey (aka Cypher) on that RP that everyone's talking about. I think I've been here four years now? I joined back at the Monument a few months before it crashed and burned then was reborn here.

I know plenty about pretty much all current comics, as it is my job. If you're wanting to get into a series but aren't sure it's worth it, let me know and I'll see what I can find. I guess my claim to fame is ... being here? I don't know. You'd have to ask someone else.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hello, everyone!

I’m a rather inactive moderator, though I occasionally still rise to the cause. I’ve been around since the beginning of this forum, and still think it’s one of the greatest on the ’net.

I started reading comics to better understand my boyfriend, now husband, who is a life-long collector. I got hooked on the old X-Men of the 1970s and 80s and fell in love with Kurt. While cruising around the Web searching for info on Nighty in 2000, I stumbled across the Wizard World boards and followed the people I met there to Hostboard, where I made many friends. With the birth of Nightscrawlers I’ve met even more folks who have become my friends both on and off the board. Though I no longer read the X-books, Kurt’s still my favorite comic character, and I still hang around because of the fun, caring people and sense of community.

In real life, I’m married with dogs. I’m an editor for a suburban newspaper and run a haunted house on the side. Hubby is also a member of the forum, though I think he’s only used his account once. He’s a Maggott fan, but don’t hold it against him. ;)