V for Vendetta

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

V for Vendetta

Post by Saint Kurt »

The only verdict is vengence

Have people been to see this yet?

Crash Tofu and were having a great discussion about this. Both of us had read the graphic novel first and so much of our discussion was about the differences and similarities - what they got right and where they went astray. But I'll spare rehashing our conversation so we can have it again here on Nightscrawlers with more people! :)

I thought it was great with only a few minor quibbles about additions that didn't seem necessary reguarding the relationship between V and Evey. The depiction of the state of the totalitarian fascist government in Britian was perfectly chilling though. And Hugo Weaving - acting really only with his voice, was an amazing V. I can't think of anyone doing a better job.

After the matrix trilogy, it was nice to see the Warchowski Brothers really pushing the envelope again too.

-e
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

V for Vendetta

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I have read the graphic novel and im waiting for the movie with big boner.
"Remember remember the 5th of november".
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

V for Vendetta

Post by Garble »

I'm planning on seeing it. Probably tomorrow.

I'd read the graphic novel, but it's been at least 6 years.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

V for Vendetta

Post by idsunki »

The scene in the television station was pretty well done, but I liked the monologue in the graphic novel so much better. He doesn't start from the troubles in Britain, he judges the entire human race from the time they swung down from the trees.

I've had some good conversations on the differences. I liked the movie a lot, but it seemed like they were two pretty different stories being told.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

V for Vendetta

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I haven't read the graphic novel yet, but I really enjoyed this movie.. the story was great and it was honestly the first movie I've enjoyed seeing in months:D
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

V for Vendetta

I saw it yeasterday. It was bloody brilliant. Totally getting the dvd. No doubt "the collectors edition" if there is one coming.
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

V for Vendetta

Post by kurt_the_quick »

saw it on opening day. keeping the ticket stub in my wallet, which I do with all my favorite films.

one thing bothered me, personally: one of the themes was how governments crack down on minorities when they become authoritarian, especially sexual minorities. now, last I heard, "Larry" Wachowski recently finished a long series of surguries to become "Linda" Wachowski. but in the credits it says "The Wachowski Brothers". was it just a rumor, or is she not out and being very hypocritical?
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

V for Vendetta

Alkuperäinen postittaja kurt_the_quick
saw it on opening day. keeping the ticket stub in my wallet, which I do with all my favorite films.

one thing bothered me, personally: one of the themes was how governments crack down on minorities when they become authoritarian, especially sexual minorities. now, last I heard, "Larry" Wachowski recently finished a long series of surguries to become "Linda" Wachowski. but in the credits it says "The Wachowski Brothers". was it just a rumor, or is she not out and being very hypocritical?
Well if you havent heard anything new about Linda then i would bet that was just rumor
as its three years old.

[Muokattu 30/3/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

V for Vendetta

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

After reading that post I looked it up and a few sources have verified that claim, though I'm still unsure whether or not he's a she yet or what..