What are you listening?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

What are you listening?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

This is in many boards, and i thought i could put it in here too.
What song are you listening to, now?

im listening to
Control Machete - En El Camino.

continue.-
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

What are you listening?

Post by fallacy »

sub7even alive :clap

don´t we have a moshing crawler? :-/
grüsse alex
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

What are you listening?

Alkuperäinen postittaja fallacy
sub7even alive :clap

don´t we have a moshing crawler? :-/
A what?

KoRn - Twisted Transistor
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What are you listening?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter

KoRn - Twisted Transistor
OMIGOD I luv that song!

The White Stripes> Blue Orchid.
one name: Bruce Campbell
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

What are you listening?

Post by fallacy »

@Crocodile Hunter

a heavy metal crawler.... some who do the sign of the devil ;-)
grüsse alex
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What are you listening?

Post by Angelique »

Christmas stuff.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

What are you listening?

Alkuperäinen postittaja fallacy
@Crocodile Hunter

a heavy metal crawler.... some who do the sign of the devil ;-)
-__-
if i listen to metal doesnt mean im a heavy metal-person
i listen to all kind of music,
from hip-hop -> trance

Dir en grey - Raison Detre
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What are you listening?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

The who, behind blue eyes
one name: Bruce Campbell
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

What are you listening?

Post by fallacy »

if i listen to metal doesnt mean im a heavy metal-person
i never say that ;-)
but i miss the smillie :-D

i don´t have a special addiction to some music style, but i like bit popmusic and many with guitar (rock, metal,...)

hear lot of nightwish an lacuna coil...
grüsse alex
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

What are you listening?

Post by Hsu »

Sorry to put on my Moderator hat here guys but I have a question:
Is this thread a game, ala Word Association or the Person Above You, or is it an actual discussion about music?
If it's the latter, great. A music thread would be a welcome addition here and I'm sure many of the forum members have plenty to say. :) (myself included) However, I don't think we need another game thread where all you do is post a random song title.

So I'm going to ask that you all post something substantial. Talk about your favorite bands. Least favorite bands. Why you like or dislike them. Great concerts you went to. Music videos you saw. Whatever, as long as it is an actual discussion and not a playlist. ;)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

What are you listening?

Post by Tyros »

I am currently listening to Siegfrieds Funeral March from Wagners Gotterdammerung. Man is that ever an amazing piece of music, it brings tears to my eyes/gives me shivers every time I hear it. I can't help myself it is so bloody awesome! Okay, probably very few other people here know what I am talking about/care, but just listening to it excited me so much that I had to wirte about it, hmmm I think that I will listen to it again! And yes, besides being a comic geek, I am also an opera geek. ;)
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

What are you listening?

Alkuperäinen postittaja Hsu
Sorry to put on my Moderator hat here guys but I have a question:
Is this thread a game, ala Word Association or the Person Above You, or is it an actual discussion about music?
If it's the latter, great. A music thread would be a welcome addition here and I'm sure many of the forum members have plenty to say. :) (myself included) However, I don't think we need another game thread where all you do is post a random song title.

So I'm going to ask that you all post something substantial. Talk about your favorite bands. Least favorite bands. Why you like or dislike them. Great concerts you went to. Music videos you saw. Whatever, as long as it is an actual discussion and not a playlist. ;)
Ok, i dont have an actual favorite band at the moment :P
but i can make an top-5 from the ones i listen to right know.
So everyone could make an top-5 list of their favoutrite bands
heres an top-5 list of mine with analysing
2. Dir en grey - Japanese rock band presented to me by my friend, very good guitars (i love guitars) and the style of their playing is great allthought i dont understand much of the lyrics its for the best as the lyrics are usually "i will kill your parents". :P
3. Nirvana - in the between allways and forever. Nirvana was probably the first band ive ever listened with feeling. Was the first band ive ever been fan of, as before seventh grade i didnt know anything about music world. But luckily one of my class mates, with whom i played in a same band, presented Nirvana to me, and Nirvana was one of my favourites too because the bass parts are so easy to play. But easy doesnt mean bad sounds.
4. Slipknot - Originally their selftitled albums songs with lots of drum hypnotized me, and their very very cool costumes made them more likeable. after they released the third "not-so-percussion" album i dont much listen to it.
5. The Servant - first time i heard of the servant was when i watched the trailer of Sin City and thought "what is this song, its good" and i made few searches found the original song, and when they released their single cells, with the original instrumental song, i bought it.
__

There hopefully that made some sense.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

What are you listening?

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Tyros
I am currently listening to Siegfrieds Funeral March from Wagners Gotterdammerung. Man is that ever an amazing piece of music, it brings tears to my eyes/gives me shivers every time I hear it. I can't help myself it is so bloody awesome! Okay, probably very few other people here know what I am talking about/care, but just listening to it excited me so much that I had to wirte about it, hmmm I think that I will listen to it again! And yes, besides being a comic geek, I am also an opera geek. ;)
Oh, I definitely know what you mean. I love dramatic music, I love minor keys and haunting songs, and I was just listening to that just now, in fact... that's funny.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

What are you listening?

Post by littlebamf »

Right now I am blessing my ears with the randomness of the contents of my windows media player. Right now, is Rammstein's Sonne and before that was...Phantom of the Opera from the film. I love my taste of music - metal, industrial, j-rock and showtunes!!!! :D
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

What are you listening?

Alkuperäinen postittaja littlebamf
Right now I am blessing my ears with the randomness of the contents of my windows media player. Right now, is Rammstein's Sonne and before that was...Phantom of the Opera from the film. I love my taste of music - metal, industrial, j-rock and showtunes!!!! :D
Whats your favorite j-rock band? ;pant
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

What are you listening?

Post by DeeJay »

Queen - I want to break free
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What are you listening?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

This reminds me of that website I read about in a magazine last month and then forgot to check out. Thanks guys!

*five minutes pass*

Okay, I'm back. This website is worth sharing. Check it out.

http://www.pandora.com/

They analyze whatever you put in for "musical qualities" and then give you similar music. Then you tell them if you like it or not, and they go from there.

"Based on what you have told us so far, we're playing this track because it features hard rock roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, repetitive melodic phrasing, a vocal-centric aesthetic and minor key tonality."

This less than a dozen songs in. They got it!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir