Hosted Chat Sessions: Great Idea or Big Bad Dud? You tell u

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!

Hosted Chat Sessions: Great Idea or Big Bad Dud? You tell us!

Total votes: 0

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I know one of our chat nights for this weekend got messed up. It's my fault and I'm really sorry about that. I'm looking at my schedule right now to make it up to you, but as a general idea - how much does everybody like the idea of Nightscrawlers having regular chats at scheduled times of the week?

Gauging your interest will help me know what kind of effort to put into this.

Also, what kind of incentives can we offer you to become a chat host? I can't make any promises, but I don't know what you want either.

Thanks for your input!
-e
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I would show up, but the parental controls my parents put up to show their last card of authority won't permit me to use the chat or any other instant messaging function what so ever. I wish i could be there though.
Maybe I can convince them...or I could switch screen name, but I can't be there all the time if this is the case, I still have school.

I think the Advertisments were a swell idea! :kiss
one name: Bruce Campbell
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I might host at some point, I don't know, but right now my schedule is too hectic to say anything other than I'll be there if I'm free.

It was some fun though.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KittyWillow »

I hope this takes off.... I keep going in to find chat empty and it in turn is making me go in less often.
being in England its difficult to be online at the same time as everyone else so it will be useful to know when people are about.
make sure its advertised well if you do it though. I went in chat yesterday and I read a hosted session was on that night. I later found out I'd missed it but the message had been left on too long. I would have come though! I'll keep my eye out from now on!
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Heh you probably already know my answer to this :D

That's a yes I'd even host to those who don't know me :shifty
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I would show up, but the parental controls my parents put up to show their last card of authority won't permit me to use the chat or any other instant messaging function what so ever. I wish i could be there though.
Maybe I can convince them...or I could switch screen name, but I can't be there all the time if this is the case, I still have school.

I think the Advertisments were a swell idea! :kiss
well I tried on the other screen name...that was blocked as well. Though I could register, no box was there for me to type in to start chatting...so those of you who saw CHG there and I did not respond, that's because I was unable to, so I'm sorry.

I hate computers.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I'd be happy to host for those in my time zone...10:00 AMish on Sundays is good for me...work permitting...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Tis a fandabbydoosy idea, and I WILL keep saying this till we have more people join us for chat.:D
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

i like chatting (probably more than what is good for me ... :D) but like others, living on opposite sides of the planet means timing can be a problem,

I am usually free on Friday and Saturday afternoons - and some Saturday mornings too (thats thursday and friday for those on the other side of the planet) so i'm free to chat then, although i usually try to pop in at random intervals... say after 5 on a weekday for any other aussies? :ooh:
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Sounds like a great idea... I'd defenitly drop in
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

im into chatting but i dont have time anymore, and when im online there isnt anyone else online.
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

If people are onling and I'm not in a roleplay i'll chat
I am no longer a knight who says NEE! I am a knight who says Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm