Anyone doing an X-Men Halloween costume this year?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

I'm toying with the idea of Psylocke...just because I feel like dyeing my hair purple. But would anyone know who I was? She's not one of the more "famous" X-People...and that skimpy costume might be a bit impractical for late October...

Anyone else have big X-Men plans this year? :eek
Bamf, suckas!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I was thinking of being the Scarlet Witch, but that got put aside when a friend of mine and I decided to be Britney Spears and Kevin Federline with a brand new cigarette smoking baby in dirty Sean John....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, my husband and I have discussed for years going as Scott and Jean. However, as Rebel Legion's trooping several events, it's likely I'll be sticking with my Star Wars costume again. Or don a pair of cargo pants and be my daughter's favorite, Kim Possible.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

went as wolvie last year :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/g ... DV0044.jpg

made it a link cause the pic is huge
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Most definitely! I've already said this on another post, but I am going to be the X2 Nightcrawler this year. In fact, my whole drama department this year are going to be various X-Men from the movie, the cartoon, and the comics. My students are everything from Professor X to Lady Deathstryke, to Gambit to Shadowcat. There are 25 of us in all.

Tonight I'm going to put my costume on for the first time and take a couple of pics. I'll try to post this evening!

PS...Go Kurt the Quick! Yeah for girls dressing up like guys! (I was Jack Sparrow last year!)

Anybody else doing Nighty this year? (or any others?)

Theatrepirate :bamf

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

this year I'm going as a steampunk pirate, but if I get inspired I might go as an x-man.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I'm going as Will Turner.
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
I'm toying with the idea of Psylocke...just because I feel like dyeing my hair purple.
heh, my hair is purple right now... maybe I will go as Psylocke to. but how would you make her...er... revealing uniform work in reality? purple duct tape? :blush

how many people are going as pirates?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I had been considering dressing as Grace O'Malley for some time. But dressing as a Rennaissance pirate queen, especially one of any historical significance, might be lost on most people.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Halloween!

Post by littlebamf »

Hey hey people, it's that time of year again!! Halloween!!

I am carefully preparing a Nocturne costume, for my university's Halloween party. I have the blue face paint (the most oerfect shade too), the three fingered gloves, I need to finish making the tail and the costume is gonna be a bit meh, but I scared the living hell outta my housemates last night by running around our house with my face blue and my fangs in (I also have some tooth caps).

What is everyone else doing?
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

I made a deal with my kids: I will make them Final Fantasy costumes this year if they dress as X-men next year. They all decided that I would be Mystique. Now THAT'S a dieting incentive!
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

Great idea for a costume and a thread LittleBamf, but since this one was already in progress, I merged yours into it.

Nocturne and Mystique... it seems that the x world is overrun with sexy blue women. I won't complain. It gives the fairer sex (i.e. me) lots of costume options. :)

-e
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Shadowscrawl
I made a deal with my kids: I will make them Final Fantasy costumes this year if they dress as X-men next year.
What I would give to see some of the hot Guy's at school dress as Sephiroth, Kadaj and Loz. :lick...ahem.

This year I sort of procrastinated with costumes. I wanted to go as Archangel (or Angel of death, Apocolypses servant) but I pushed it off too long...sooooo, instead, I am going as a deranged psychopath complete with busted up face mask that'l cover half my face and a bloody (rasberry sauce is pretty convincing at night sans the seeds) pick axe. All I need for is really is the sauce and plaster for the mask and all is savvy.

ps I am deranged, but not a psychopath...strokes pet spleen:toothy
one name: Bruce Campbell
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Ooops :blush sorry, I hadn't seen the thread (I thought I'd checked too!!)

My costume progress is going well and the blue face paint I have is tough stuff (I was sat with it on for about three hours the other night). I'm doing her Nightcrawleresque costume, as it'll cover the most flesh. My little white gloves already have little blue stains though...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Despite all the desperate marketing…Halloween still hasn’t taken off down here…so I’m not going as anything…besides, with my shape there's not a lot of X-People I could go as...I'm neither slim nor gorgeous...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Originally posted by littlebamf
Ooops :blush sorry, I hadn't seen the thread (I thought I'd checked too!!)

My costume progress is going well and the blue face paint I have is tough stuff (I was sat with it on for about three hours the other night). I'm doing her Nightcrawleresque costume, as it'll cover the most flesh. My little white gloves already have little blue stains though...
Very cool, littlebamf! I would love to see pictures of your costume! I finally completed all of my Nightcrawler movie costume (whew!) I can totally relate to Saint Kurt now. It was quite the undertaking. I ordered my contact lenses yesterday, so I'm anxious to see how they look. I'm cheap and couldn't afford the really yellow ones, but I got a honey/hazel pair that look pretty good with the blue face paint. Too fun! I shall post pictures as well. And my drama students at school (who are helping me with our Halloween Canned Food Drive) are all getting their X-Men costumes finished as well. We have 34 different X-Men that will be going around our town collecting canned foods for local food pantries on the 31st. How freaky is that?!;)

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain