**the CHAT thread!**

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

Just a little thread to call your attention to the perfectly good chat room we have sitting on the Nightscrawlers server. Lately it has been a bit quiet, and that is a real shame- So here is to questions, suggestions, funny quotes, general on-and off topic mayhem and everything else chat related!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Saint Kurt »

Is it? No. It couldn't be... But, it IS!

My heart. Somebody get the paddles.

No. Wait. Forget the paddles. Get the... :read ... Atropine and the ... Epinephrine! Yeah. Get those. And tell my pharmacology professor that I told you to get them please.

That's going to be Dr. Saint Kurt DVM to you!

And when we're done restarting my sympathetic nervous system/heart, let's get this chat party started! :party Woot!

Casshern - I moved your question to the Tech Support forum.

thanks
-e
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

Yeah, just when you thought I would go down without a fight didn't you? Some stuff is just to good to let slip between your fingers.
I'll leave the paddling to our expert, Dre, of course...:naughty

So, would anyone like some Ben & Jerry's "fossil Fuel"??? Or tea and scones? Or a warm-from-the-oven glomp?
So that's ephedrine, or whatever? Man feel...so...grooooovy:hypno
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by rad_666 »

oh, scones and tea will suit me fine. And how bout some of that ice-cream... :lick
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

no glomp? Well, there you go, warm scones and ice cream slowly melting on top of it...
:lick
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

What sort of scones are they?
Pass the glomp, please.
one name: Bruce Campbell
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I don't know about Elwing, but I offer pumpkin scones.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

That sound delicious, I'll take one of those please.
Would anybody like some aebleskivers with rasberry jam or powdered sugar? My treat!:D
one name: Bruce Campbell
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'll bring a big bo of starbucks maple scones....(omg who else has ever bitten into this heaven?)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

I only have blackcurrent ones...But they do come with proper Cornish clotted cream. We don't have a lot of starbucks in my part of the world.- so we have to bake our own.
*steals one of Nachtgleis' scones*
So now that you guys are all here, it's time to sit down and discuss what options we have for getting the whole chat show back on the road. Em suggested opening a chat thread and doing a bit of promotion on the boards, and we will need the help of all of you to make that work- also, all suggestions are very welcome!

Had a fun day by the way, weather here is rediculously good for the time of year, so I took the afternoon off and went to visit Leuven and Scherpenheuvel. The latter is a local pelgrimage site which turned out more interesting than I expected. Also, I finally got Nightcrawler #9...Nighty bondage! Roar!

*pours the tea*
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by rad_666 »

*sips tea and hands over spleen to CurlyyHairGirl*
Anyway, I really have no ideas how to save the chat. All I can think of is for people to spread the word around, for there may still be hope lying with the non-nighty fans. Stick up banners! Run around with the site adress tattoed into your stomach! *goes off to bake a cake*:rolleyes
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

well, don't feel bad about it- you can't really force things like this, and besides it looks like you ladies are bringing in lots of friends tonight! But now that we are discussing this subject, I was wondering why it got this way. I have been on this chat for a couple of years, and there has always been a bit of fluctuation, but never a dip this deep. What did we do wrong? Did we do anything wrong?
-just wondering!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

i asked this but then again i dont remember where so ill just ask it here, why doesnt the chat work on mozilla firefox, as i have uninstalled IE a long time ago as it is a security risk and a load of crap?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by HoodedMan »

Casshern, please refer to our questions and comments concerning said issue here.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

**the CHAT thread!**

Alkuperäinen postittaja Northstar
Casshern, please refer to our questions and comments concerning said issue here.
ah but i didnt know about that.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by HoodedMan »

That's the thread that you yourself posted. It was only moved into Tech Support by St. Kurt.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

At the risk of doing shameless self promotion and all, but can you please have a look here en tell me how you like bishop and bravebeast there? Me rather proud of them and all! :puppy
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Saint Kurt »

Today is Friday. I normally have class all day, but we've got the day off so that the vet school can use our classroom for a fall conference for area veterinarians.

That means I'm home all day studying. So I'll hang out in the chat room on and off for a while. :)

And since I've got my head down looking away from the screen a lot, here's a topic:

Did Mystique toss Kurt over the waterfall for selfish reasons (ie to make it easier for her to escape from Germany) or for more altruistic reasons (as in didn't want to bring such an obvious mutant into the world)?

-e
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

**the CHAT thread!**

i havent seen anyone in the caht for like four days and i have logged about 6 times between 1:00pm and 04:00am
my timezone is +2 GMT
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Elwing »

I know- I'm sitting around as much as I can, but sometimes nobody comes on for hours. We will really need to work together if we want to save the chat. Please don't give up, but keep logging in as much as you can!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Saint Kurt »

Now Chat has it's own subject in Site Announcements.

And it's up on the Newsticker.

I'm not sure what else I can do except remind people that it's a part of Nightscrawlers that will go away if people don't use it. If you like Nightscrawlers and you're wondering what else there is to do here that's fun, check out chat. You might like it and the chat folks will be very welcoming!

thanks
-e
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Nightcrawlis »

No you can't take away chat :bawl

Seriously guys, come in have a good chat let's get it back to the good 'ol days.
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

**the CHAT thread!**

Post by Saint Kurt »

I would never take it away - but if it's stands empty, it's pretty much the same as if I had.

So, yeah whatever you can be done to promote it's use will keep it a vital and fun part of this site.

Thanks
-e