the official LOST on 'scrawlers thread *SPOILERS*

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja theatrepirate
BTW...I was watching an older episode of Angel on F/X channel yesterday morning as I was getting ready for school, and one of the lawyers walked in (I think it was Hart from Wolfram and Hart) and who was it...? Jin!! :eek I thought I had seen that actor before!!
Yeap, his allmost famous to me from hes little roles in series of all kind.

# "Angel" playing "Gavin Park" in episode: "Apocalypse, Nowish" (episode # 4.7) 17 November 2002
# "Angel" playing "Gavin Park" in episode: "Deep Down" (episode # 4.1) 6 October 2002
# "Angel" playing "Gavin Park" in episode: "Tomorrow" (episode # 3.22) 20 May 2002
# "Angel" playing "Gavin Park" in episode: "The Price" (episode # 3.19) 29 April 2002
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

He was also in the recent movie The Cave as a minor expendable character or something. Didn't see it.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

We're three episodes into the new series and more questions have been raised than answered. Of course, I didn't expect anything less.

Casshern: The "monster" was, indeed, shown at the end of last season. What, exactly, it is is still up in the air since, as Locke put it, it was a "column of black smoke." And glad to see that you LIKE something. ;)

I was not a big fan of this week's episode. It didn't give me a damn thing. We've seen the Locke vs. Jack/Faith vs. Science fight before. And the Locke flashbacks only revealed that the woman, whom he was pretending the phonesex woman was, was real.

She asks him to take a leap of faith, but he already did. In the Boone-gets-dead episode, Locke's dad and the island are analgous, as are his misplaced faith and sacrifices to both of them.

The only thing I find interesting about it at all is that Locke is full of faith but still driven with a need to understand while Jack is lacking in faith yet takes a lot of things on first glance.

And we may have gotten a small hint about what happened to Jack's wife/marriage. Personally, I thought that his reaction to Desmond's questioning betrayed that she had died...but my friend pointed out that his reaction wasn't about his wife at all...it was that Desmond's questions were PROOF that nothing makes sense about the island at all...and Jack has been fighting that since day one.

As for the training film: Yes, vague. But we now know there are/were 5 other stations on the island. And that, at some point, it was a findable place.

I just hope this isn't the start of the show getting overly sciencey. I mean, how the polar bear got there was a great mystery. To explain that it was part of a research experiment is kind of lame. I hope the addition of science doesn't ruin the mystical sense of the show.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Crawler
We're three episodes into the new series and more questions have been raised than answered. Of course, I didn't expect anything less.

Casshern: The "monster" was, indeed, shown at the end of last season. What, exactly, it is is still up in the air since, as Locke put it, it was a "column of black smoke." And glad to see that you LIKE something. ;)

I was not a big fan of this week's episode. It didn't give me a damn thing. We've seen the Locke vs. Jack/Faith vs. Science fight before. And the Locke flashbacks only revealed that the woman, whom he was pretending the phonesex woman was, was real.

She asks him to take a leap of faith, but he already did. In the Boone-gets-dead episode, Locke's dad and the island are analgous, as are his misplaced faith and sacrifices to both of them.

The only thing I find interesting about it at all is that Locke is full of faith but still driven with a need to understand while Jack is lacking in faith yet takes a lot of things on first glance.

And we may have gotten a small hint about what happened to Jack's wife/marriage. Personally, I thought that his reaction to Desmond's questioning betrayed that she had died...but my friend pointed out that his reaction wasn't about his wife at all...it was that Desmond's questions were PROOF that nothing makes sense about the island at all...and Jack has been fighting that since day one.

As for the training film: Yes, vague. But we now know there are/were 5 other stations on the island. And that, at some point, it was a findable place.

I just hope this isn't the start of the show getting overly sciencey. I mean, how the polar bear got there was a great mystery. To explain that it was part of a research experiment is kind of lame. I hope the addition of science doesn't ruin the mystical sense of the show.
Yes, i saw the episode 24-25 few hours ago, as i got my hands on the last 10 episodes of the first season (wich i hadnt seen).
Boone's death was kind of annoying but i didnt get much feeling out of the dead of that Arntz guy." :P probably cause he wasnt so much seen. Hurley is kinda of a funny guy too. "You got some Arntz on you". "You look like someone steamrolled Harry Potter" (as he sees Sawyer wearing the glasses".
" And glad to see that you LIKE something. ;)" whats that supposed to mean? :huh
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Keeping the thread alive. :D
Episode 4 has aired now, any thoughts?

Myself, I'm a big Hurley fan. Really like the character, funny guy, but has a lot going on about him and I feel he's one of the more mystical characters in the show. (Along with Walt.)
Plot wise we didn't get too much, this was almost a throwaway episode, but it was nice to have a more lighthearted one with an ending that was happy instead of a crazy cliffhanger.

Oh and DJ Qualls makes the best dorky best friend ever.
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

I agree. It was nice too have a sappy moment for once. Yeah, maybe a little out there, but good to see smiles and "bonding" among the survivors. Several more great "one-liners" by many of the characters, and at least we got to see some of the people that had been left out of the first three episodes. Hmmm...what happened to the rest of Ana Lucia's group on the other side of the island...any thoughts?

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Hsu
Keeping the thread alive. :D
Episode 4 has aired now, any thoughts?

Plot wise we didn't get too much, this was almost a throwaway episode
i dont think so.
I mean now we know that the other survivors live in another black swan etc. bunker and that the other survivors who captured sawyer jin and michael arent probably "the others". And yes the ending was happy.but not probably for Sun. So it wasnt a complete "throwaway episode"
Hmmm...what happened to the rest of Ana Lucia's group on the other side of the island...any thoughts?
imaybe they were captured and killed by the others.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Three week hiatus makes this thing die it seems. Okay here's to kicking it back up, eh? ;)

Anyone else see it last night?
As always SPOILERS AHEAD!

Shannon "dies." Not sure if she is truly dead or whatever, but either way, this is lame IMO. Having both Boone and Shannon die seems too close and really takes a big chunk out flashback wise. I guess it makes sense though considering they were essentially one character, a single entity.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

We've not even finished season one over here.....It sucks!! But at least there is a season two, I didn't even know that you see!
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Okay....can somebody clear this up for me...?

I was reading in a magazine (I think it was Entertainment Weekly) back in October, and there was an article on Lost. I had heard through the rumor mill that Maggie Grace (Shannon) was in the running for the part of Kitty Pryde in X3. So, I glance through the article and a read a bit about her that said (more or less) that the producers of Lost had threatened to kill off her character if she were to take the role in X3 (filming or contract conflicts, perhaps).

Well, I hadn't heard anything else on that topic, and I hadn't really researched to find out if Grace was indeed playing Shadowcat in the X3 movie. But then, I hear that a character from Lost is going to be killed. I immediately bet on Shannon...and I was right!

Now...does anybody know the real story? Is it really true that they decided to kill her off after she took the role in X3? Otherwise, Shannon's death doesn't really make sense to the actual plot of Lost.

Takers?

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I hadn't heard or read a thing about her playing Kitty Pryde, and I get EW.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

She was signed on to play Shadowcat was back when Shadowcat was in the plot, but last I checked they had revised the script and written her out of it again. Dunno the whole story though because I haven't been following the movie news lately.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I thought Ellen Page was on to play her.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Okay....can somebody clear this up for me...?

I was reading in a magazine (I think it was Entertainment Weekly) back in October, and there was an article on Lost. I had heard through the rumor mill that Maggie Grace (Shannon) was in the running for the part of Kitty Pryde in X3. So, I glance through the article and a read a bit about her that said (more or less) that the producers of Lost had threatened to kill off her character if she were to take the role in X3 (filming or contract conflicts, perhaps).

Well, I hadn't heard anything else on that topic, and I hadn't really researched to find out if Grace was indeed playing Shadowcat in the X3 movie. But then, I hear that a character from Lost is going to be killed. I immediately bet on Shannon...and I was right!

Now...does anybody know the real story? Is it really true that they decided to kill her off after she took the role in X3? Otherwise, Shannon's death doesn't really make sense to the actual plot of Lost.

Takers?
a bit offtopic ? :smirk

Well, it was worth waiting for three weeks.
Actualy started watching Surface in the three weeks waiting session. Anyways, Charlie is back using dope.
Shannon was shot. But shes not probably dead. imdb says so. :P (allthough i think imdb resfreshes that after the next episode). Actually im quite relieved, because i thought that Sawyer (my favorite hillbilly character) was going to die.
One question, if its now confirmed that the others make the whispers, why didnt they snatch Shannon, or Locke when they heard the whispers in the first season? :P
great episode, im quite glad about the fact that i dont have to wait for three weeks to see the next episode.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Charlie's back on Dope???

When did this happen? i have been following the episodes I didn't see him stumble
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think he's broken his Virgin Mary statue yet. But, yes, this will create some interesting dramatic tension.

theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

I didn't catch him actually breaking the statue either...but I'm interested to see what becomes of that, especially with him taking on this role of "super daddy figure" with the baby lately. (which is also interesting because the forture teller back in Australia told her that no one should raise the baby except her, and it seems like everybody is doing just that, especially Charlie.)

PS...thanks to clearing up my confusion on the Maggie Grace thing...(well, sort of!)

Isylde
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Isylde »

I just finished Season One, and a Canadian friend told me everything about Season Two.

Gosh, I'm completely spoiled.

:doh! being European AND Lost-fan. 'Cause you're always late on the good news. Must be even more difficult for those who don't speak English.

Oh well.

The Virgin Mary statue...? Dramatic tension...? Geez, I really need to update my spoilers ! :o
"From this day till the ending of the world
...we in it shall be remembered
...we band of brothers." - Henry V, William Shakespeare
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Casshern
a bit offtopic ? :smirk
Nope, not at all. :D
Originally posted by Casshern
Well, it was worth waiting for three weeks.
Actualy started watching Surface in the three weeks waiting session. Anyways, Charlie is back using dope.
Shannon was shot. But shes not probably dead. imdb says so. :P (allthough i think imdb resfreshes that after the next episode). Actually im quite relieved, because i thought that Sawyer (my favorite hillbilly character) was going to die.
One question, if its now confirmed that the others make the whispers, why didnt they snatch Shannon, or Locke when they heard the whispers in the first season? :P
great episode, im quite glad about the fact that i dont have to wait for three weeks to see the next episode.
Yeah I doubt she's dead. They tend to kill their characters in big extravagant ways and this was just too quick. I mean Boone got an entire episode.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Hsu

Yeah I doubt she's dead. They tend to kill their characters in big extravagant ways and this was just too quick. I mean Boone got an entire episode.
:P

Hmm havent seen Lost episode 7 released yet. Damn.
have to wait till tomorrow. Oh well i bet charlie is on the hook by the time of ffew episodes or less.
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Alright, people!! Let's talk Lost! What did everyone think of last night's episode concerning the other survivors?

PS...I really like the editing job the show did on the last ten minutes of recap. Nicely done!

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

lol, after seeing Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in The Oz, it was quite hard to image him rescuing children and few people. One thing about him. He could kill people with hes stare. :P

Why. Why are they so scared of the others, they allready killed 4 of them. So the others are vulnerable too. Im waiting next episode as i want to see if shannon dies. Hmm and they showed how they guy whom Jin and eko saw in the last episode died. Cortez stinged him with a wooden stick. yummy.
atleast i think it was the same guy. Hopefully in some episode it will be explained why there was another bunker with a clear door, and a chest inside wich had glass eye, a bible and a radio inside.
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Yeah...I am almost disappointed...almost...by seeing a bit more of the others. They have been built up so much, then here they are. I want to find out just what Ana Lucia's deal is. She apparently knows her way around a knife and a wooden stake, so who exactly is she?

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Probably quite the same mysterious person as locke, i didnt quite get how he uses the knives dynamite and other stuff that well, as he was a salesman with parent problems and little after he was crippled.

___

Epsiode 8

For this episode i havent even finished the episodes and there is only five words to describe what i think about the episode.
I hate Ana Lucia whatever.
And after she shot Shannon they havent talked about it for like 20minutes wtf?