Episode III (SPOILERS!)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Bamfette »

That sounds fun :D

there were some people dressed up, but seeing as we were in Greeley rather than driving all the way to Denver or even Fort Collins, I am sure most of the REALLY impressive costumes were saved for the larger venues. some were nice, but many.... um. not so much. one person with a nice Anakin costume did have the Darth Vader model of the lightsaber you got to show off, and it was pretty damn cool. i was impressed just by how evenly and brightly it glowed, nevermind the sounds.

we did not have a digital projection, and it did kinda suck. It was brand new, so scratches and the like were at a minimum. bonus of seeing a premiere screening. but there were the regular cigarette burns (white marks in corner every once in a while - watch Fight Club :p) and at one point the color balance went screwy, and things kinda went purple for some odd reason. but hey, was still cool.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by kladyelf »

it sounds like a good movie, my only gripe is that where i live the graphic novel of the movie came out here before the actual film... so i kinda already know what happened *sheepish grin*

but looking at everybody talking about this thing... i could be convinced :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Bamfette »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4570947.stm
Revenge of the Sith, the final Star Wars film, has broken almost every US box office record taking an estimated $158.5m in its first four days.

Showing on more than 9,000 screens, the film took $50,013,859 (£27,370,585) on Thursday, its first day of release.

The sixth film of George Lucas' epic cycle also set new two, three and four-day North American records.

However, it failed by $6m to clinch the opening weekend record - $114.8m set by Spider-Man in 2002.

On Thursday, Revenge of the Sith opened with special midnight screenings and beat the previous one-day record of $44.8m (£24.5m) set by Shrek 2 in May 2004.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I finally saw it..and liked it alot more than the previous two. I cried :(
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Diablo »

I'm happy the film is doing well. :-)

According to George Lucas, there will be a TV series in one year or so about the Jedi Knights.
It will take place between Episodes III and IV.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Finally got to see this movie, and I wasn't disappointed. I agree that it was the best of the second set.

Part way through my hubby nudged me and whispered- "They must have given the guy who plays Skywalker acting lessons." I wonder, or perhaps the only thing he can play well is anger. I would say the only thing that took away from it was that we knew so much of the results. I mean, when Skywalker and Obi Wan fighting, you already know who is going to win. I would love to be one of those kids in the next generation who might be able to watch all six movies in chronological order and not know what the outcome is going to be. :p

Otherwise, I loved the way everything was in place by the end. [spoiler] I never knew *that* much of Darth Vader wasn't his real body. [/spoiler]
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Diablo

According to George Lucas, there will be a TV series in one year or so about the Jedi Knights.
I believe this Penny Arcade sums up most of my fears about that.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Northstars Love »

This is good to hear. I want to know what happened between those years. You figure Luke and Leia are about 18-19 in Star Wars? So there's almost a good 2 decades that needs to be written about.

One question tho....[spoiler]At the end of the movie when you see Palpatine and Vader looking out of one of the Destroyer's main bridge windows at the 1st Death Star being built, did it really take them 19 years to build the sucker? Since episode IV was at least 19 years later when Luke and Leia were all grown up the Death Star wasn't even tested until Leia's home planet of Alderran was obliterated by it. [/spoiler]

Ok, so I spotted that and a few other mistakes. I'm not a perfectionist but that one scene seem to jump right out at me. ;)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Diablo »

OK, everything isn't perfect-perfect.

But I remain optimistic about the TV series. Episode III has proven Lucas has still the Force with him.
:)
www.atlantys.biz

NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by NightPoofer »

I thought that the movie was an 8. I wasn't really too thrilled that it was all emotional (maybe because I'm dead inside). And I thought that it was moving too slow for me. I wasn't fond of the script as well...

The rest of the movie, the special effects, the acting was well done even through the script, and the fight scenes were all very good.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Bamfette »

re Death Star: [spoiler]there are two explanations for that. the simple explanation: that shot wasn't intended to take place IMMEDIATELY after the events portrayed in the film, merely some forshadowing showing some point after, perhaps years after. complicated explanation: After the first Death Star was destroyed, it took them around 3 years to get one half built again, and they had a working prototype in the first to go on, no need to design it from scratch, merely build a bigger version. the first one would logically take far longer to construct, even assuming the speed with which the second one (and latter part of the first) was built, because they had to design it from scratch. also, Palpatine at this time also still needed approval of the Sentate to do things, he was good at manipulating them into approving stuff, but to prevent revolt, he would have had to go slow at first until he did not need their support any more. basically, it's when the Galactic Empire was still new and it did not have the power to do whatever the hell it damn well pleased quite yet, so the manpower and money necessary to complete the first Death Star quickly was not there yet. [/spoiler]

at least, that's my explanation. :p
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Winged Outlaw »

That... or the script was poorly written.
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Nemesis »

This definitely be my favorite of the Prequels, and I loved how Lucas wrapped things and connected the two trilogies.

My favorite scene in the movie was where [spoiler]Order 66 was commenced, showing the clone troopers turning against the Jedi and killing them, especially the silent reaction by Ki-Adi-Mundi.[/spoiler] I remember grinning and holding back a tear at the same time. I also liked that moment with [spoiler]Anakin and his run-in with the younglings just before he slaughtered them. It was cute how they went to him for help, and he only responded by switching on the lightsaber[/spoiler]

Some things I weren't fond of were [spoiler]the majority of Anakin's and Padme's interactions. Separately they seemed fine, but when together they were terrible. Too unbelievable for me. The one exception was at the volcanic planet Mordor....I mean Mustafar. I was pleasantly surprised when Anakin said that he intend to overthrow the Emperor and set up shop himself. At that point I immeadiately thought back to the sales pitch Vader threw at Luke back in The Empire Strikes Back.[/spoiler]

The only other things I didn't like was a certain line by Vader ("NNooooo!") and by the Palpatine ("No, no, no, you die" or something like that). The soundtrack was good though.

This movie has made me eager to see the new Star Wars TV series due out next year or so. I'd loved to see a young Thrawn or Gilad Pellaeon from the novels to appear.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Diablo »

About the Death star : I thought that this mechanical planet we see was a test. A little death star before the bigger one.

And Nemesis :... Amiral Thrawn ?? Do you really think we'll see Zahn's characters in the TV show ?
If only we could follow Mara Jade's training one day...
www.atlantys.biz

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**

This is good to hear. I want to know what happened between those years. You figure Luke and Leia are about 18-19 in Star Wars? So there's almost a good 2 decades that needs to be written about.

One question tho....[spoiler]At the end of the movie when you see Palpatine and Vader looking out of one of the Destroyer's main bridge windows at the 1st Death Star being built, did it really take them 19 years to build the sucker? Since episode IV was at least 19 years later when Luke and Leia were all grown up the Death Star wasn't even tested until Leia's home planet of Alderran was obliterated by it. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]if you notice next to the emperor you can see tarkin walking away.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] there are a couple of easter eggs in the movie, when anakin and obi fly in(before ani sees padme) you can see the falcon fly away. There is lucas and his daughter(they both have blue faces). In the battle over courasant when a sepertist ship blows up you can see a kitchen sink(it is blue, you have to look close) and for expanded universe fans they make a reference to quinlan vos.[/spoiler]
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by nightcrawler30
Originally posted by **Northstars Love**

[spoiler]if you notice next to the emperor you can see tarkin walking away.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] there are a couple of easter eggs in the movie, when anakin and obi fly in(before ani sees padme) you can see the falcon fly away. There is lucas and his daughter(they both have blue faces). In the battle over courasant when a sepertist ship blows up you can see a kitchen sink(it is blue, you have to look close) and for expanded universe fans they make a reference to quinlan vos.[/spoiler]
lol its coruscant :P

[spoiler] i loved the movie, it thought episode II was good but this was great, the last hour was realy good but at the same time annyoing, when all the jedi's died, especially Ki-Adi Mund whos comics i have read :P
shot in the back-.
still a little question awoked in me, i wondered if the guys who were with Mace Windu as he was arresting Palpatine, had fought in the battle at Genosis and killed thousands of enemies, how did they just die when palpatine slowly thrusted hes lightsaber at them.. -__-. None of the jedi's senced the danger as the enemies aimed at their back :P
that was pretty "weird".
[/spoiler]
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Episode III (SPOILERS!)

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Keichi
lol its coruscant :P

[spoiler] i loved the movie, it thought episode II was good but this was great, the last hour was realy good but at the same time annyoing, when all the jedi's died, especially Ki-Adi Mund whos comics i have read :P
shot in the back-.
still a little question awoked in me, i wondered if the guys who were with Mace Windu as he was arresting Palpatine, had fought in the battle at Genosis and killed thousands of enemies, how did they just die when palpatine slowly thrusted hes lightsaber at them.. -__-. None of the jedi's senced the danger as the enemies aimed at their back :P
that was pretty "weird".
[/spoiler]
i didn;t noticed i spelled coruscant wrong, my turn, you spelled Ki-Adi-Mundi wrong. lol
[spoiler] You have to remember that palpatine is a sith lord, not a battle droid. he could of used the dark side to cloud their vision. Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar should have been a little more prepared, but kit fisto was a little prepared, and put up a little bit of a fight and did not last long though.[/spoiler]
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.