Pet photos and stories (warning - image intensive!)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

awww... what a pretty kitty! those whiskers! and gray! (i love gray cats) :love

ps. you didn't mention the breed, i presume she is a pound cat, or a mutt, but she looks like a Norwegian Forest Cat. her ears especially made me think this, a trademark of the breedis the swept back very long guard hairs infront of the ears, an evolutionary adaptation to cold. (they are a breed that developed in the wild in feral cats, later re-domesticated) http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/norwegian.html
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by Bamfette
awww... what a pretty kitty! those whiskers! and gray! (i love gray cats) :love

ps. you didn't mention the breed
i love em too :love

i think its "cross breed" etc. :shame
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I call this pose "I'm a Rank Little Bitch".

:love

I let her out in the hallway and though it was scary and she skittered right back in, now all she can do is squat in the dark entry and stare at the door. No good pictures there, dammit!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I love that pose! It shows cats' natural superiority. Never forget it. :p
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hah! the expression is priceless :D
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Jill, Marley is so cute, and he sure has grown since I last saw pics of him. Funny he likes to be upside-down. I used to have a cat that liked that too.

I have a new digital camera so I thought I'd share pics of my three cats, Misty, C.C., and Babie. We also have feral cat that comes to be fed with C.C., who prefers being outside. We nicknamed him Midnight because he's mostly black. He's getting more approachable, but we still can't get close enough to touch him.

This first one is of Misty, our Maine Coon. I simply adore her, she's so sweet. If I ever decided to raise cats, this is the breed I would pick. They are intelligent and very gentle.

The next one is my daughter's cat Babie. She's a peach Abyssinian. We got her from breeder friends for free because she's cross-eyed, has a disproportionately small head and is not a recognized color variation. Certainly doesn't bother her, she purrs so loud you can hear her across the room.

C.C. stands for Cherith Cat. She was a stray that we brought home from a kid's camp where we volunteer as counselors every summer. It could just as easily stand for calico cat.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

aw, what pretty cats! I've always loved calico's.

the whiskers on Misty are absolutley insane.. she must trip over them... ;)
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Our feline friends....

Post by Tyros »

Well after seeing all of the cute kitty pictures posted uder the"vet question" thread, I thought that there should be a thread where we can properly show off and worship our feline companions!

Anyways, here is a link to pictures of my beautiful girl Sambuca!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

i thought there allready was a pet thread.
Oh well, this is my family cat.

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

My cat is the fattest ball of fur ever, but he likes to pretend he's cute. He does this mainly by trying to endear himself to guests by rubbing up against them and cuddling with them; quite a change from my previous cat who passed away.

Sometimes he can be photographed at a good angle, so it almost seems like he's cute; don't be fooled, however.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

actually, we already have a threadlike this... will merge it ;)

lost a lot of my directory structure in my website meltdown, but till i get it fixed, all the missing pics in my posts can be found here: http://www.devonrex.com/homeprofile.cfm ... &section=4
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

opps, sorry! I did not look far enough back to find this thread!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Ok hvsä.
its a high reso, why do you think its called high reso. <_<
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

OK, just for my sake can you PLEASE cut down on that picture? The topic title says image intensive but that's ridiculous. For perspective, I have a screen resolution here of 1280x1024. This is very unusual; many other people may have a resolution as low as 800x600. I know at work, that's the mandatory setting.

Your picture is 2048x1536. Without scrolling, on my ridiculously large screen, I just see the tip of his nose and his whiskers. You're hotlinking to Deviantart, which may be the problem; you may want to make a lower-resolution picture.

This isn't a warning of any kind, from staff or otherwise. But it's just for the good of the other people visiting this thread; the page is now ridiculously large.

Just my two cents.
-Northstar
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

And sorry again for the big pics. I have taken the pictures out for the time being until I have time to shrink them. I am really sorry, I tried to post a smaller version of the pixs, but apparently it did not work and still did the bigger ones. (Though I could have sworn they were smaller when I first posted them). I can be kinda stupid when it comes to computers....so please forgive me!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Tyros
And sorry again for the big pics. I have taken the pictures out for the time being until I have time to shrink them. I am really sorry, I tried to post a smaller version of the pixs, but apparently it did not work and still did the bigger ones. (Though I could have sworn they were smaller when I first posted them). I can be kinda stupid when it comes to computers....so please forgive me!
actually he was talking about my extra large picture.
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

:doh!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Your cat is beautiful Croc- any specific breed?

Mop is now an infinite cat... see http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat-html/1084.html ! And if Russ ever sits still long enough to be photographed properly he will be added too...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Elwing

Mop is now an infinite cat... see http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat-html/1084.html ! And if Russ ever sits still long enough to be photographed properly he will be added too...
oh thanks, as bamfette said " you didn't mention the breed, i presume she is a pound cat, or a mutt, but she looks like a Norwegian Forest Cat. her ears especially made me think this, a trademark of the breedis the swept back very long guard hairs infront of the ears, an evolutionary adaptation to cold. (they are a breed that developed in the wild in feral cats, later re-domesticated)"

so heres the (art) picture's smaller version.

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

yes, she is defenitely ready for the finnish winter. My two mewers came from a shelter too, and I used to volunteer there for a while. And I did not see a single long haired or semi-long haired cat come in there. Maybe they are more common in Scandinavia due to natural selection?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Silent Crawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silent Crawler »

Here's my puppy, Brodie, when he was a baby:
He's a chihuahua

Here's him now. (With his brother, Spike, hiding behind him. He's my parent's dog)

...Yes I know... blame my mother
Merry Christmas. :LOL

This is my last chihuahua, Dante. He was really sick unfortunately. :(

A cookie to anyone who gets my naming theme.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Elwing
yes, she is defenitely ready for the finnish winter. My two mewers came from a shelter too, and I used to volunteer there for a while. And I did not see a single long haired or semi-long haired cat come in there. Maybe they are more common in Scandinavia due to natural selection?
Umm shelter?
she didnt come from a shelter etc.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Silent Crawler

A cookie to anyone who gets my naming theme.
Someone likes Kevin Smith

Here's my puppy:

though at 7 she's hardly a puppy anymore....

where's my cookie?!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Elwing

:o I must contribute....

those are some of the cutest puppies, ever.

I just noticed Marley stole the base to my Positron Heroclix... he somehow managed to seperate the figure from the base, and now i can't find the base... he also like to steal Jack Sparrow's hat. i keep finding it in the strangest places... and looks like it's missing again, as well... oh. and straws. he yanks them right out of fast food cups. he loves straws.
Silent Crawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silent Crawler »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Someone likes Kevin Smith...
where's my cookie?!
Haha you win.
Hmm This is the closest I can get for now. ;)

I really love all these pictures.
Please share more if you got em. :)