Little Shop of Horrors

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Has anyone heard, seen, or own Little Shop of Horrors? I have the 1986 version on DVD. DAMN! It's like hard to find. Thankfully, my mom ordered it from Borders. Have you seen it?
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thats the one with the Giant plant that sings and eats people right? Yup , Iv'e seen it. The first time I was like "wha..what the heck?" and then I just ended up liking it like I do Labyrynth and other strange movies like Legend.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I just ended up liking it like I do Labyrynth and other strange movies like Legend.
Those are called Fantasy movies. ;)

Never seen the new man eating plant movie though..
usually the 80's horror arent the best..
but ive seen the original made in 1960 :)
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by xstechfreak »

OMG I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I have even met a guy (MIke Quinn) who was a puppeteer for the plant. He also did Jabba the Hut...and then worked for Pixar a bit.

I know every song in that movie and almost every line :D
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Originally posted by xstechfreak
OMG I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I have even met a guy (MIke Quinn) who was a puppeteer for the plant. He also did Jabba the Hut...and then worked for Pixar a bit.

I know every song in that movie and almost every line :D
:eek Whoa... :eek
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Phantom phan
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That movie's pretty stupid, but it's still a classic.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by steyn »

FEED ME SEYMORE, FEED MEEEEE!
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Okay. Some of you've seen it and liked,so here's a new question: What's yer fav scene, song ,or both?

Phantom phan
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I like when he's feeding it his blood from his finger
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by steyn »

The dentistry bit. :D
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

My favourite part is Feed Me and Mean Green Mother from Outer Space. My fav songs are Skid Row, Feed Me, and Mean Green Mother from Outer Space.

Phantom phan
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by RavEnigma »

My favorite scene is the Skid Row one....it speaks to me...sorta. My Uncle Mike, though, he's a dentist, and he loves that scene with the 'Be a Dentist' song. It's like his theme song...he's always humming it...freaky, but you get used to it.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I love the part were he zaps the plant. zaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by HoodedMan »

We did Little Shop of Horrors in high school and it was excellent. Of course I learned how to do Audrey's voice perfectly even though I wasn't on cast.

We knew we made a good show when Busch Gardens borrowed some of our props. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Did anyone ever see the Pizza Hut commercial when everyone was like FEED ME! in the plant's voice
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
We did Little Shop of Horrors in high school and it was excellent. Of course I learned how to do Audrey's voice perfectly even though I wasn't on cast.

We knew we made a good show when Busch Gardens borrowed some of our props. :D
You are SOOOOOO lucky. Was it a happy ending?
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Did anyone ever see the Pizza Hut commercial when everyone was like FEED ME! in the plant's voice
I have many times. I wish they made the plant look more like Twoey from the 1986 version of Little Shop.

Phantom phan
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That commercial was grear:LOL:LOL
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Neko Cat 7
You are SOOOOOO lucky. Was it a happy ending?
The ending was the same as it always is. What was the 1986 version? I don't think I've seen that.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Originally posted by HoodedMan

The ending was the same as it always is. What was the 1986 version? I don't think I've seen that.
In the 1986 movie, Seymore kill Twoey by taking a power line and electicuting him, making him explode.

Phantom phan
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

Ever since I was a little kid I get very odd dreams when I am sick. One of them had the stupid talking plant from that play in it. It kept trying to convince me to feed it my brother. Instead I kept trying to kill it but it kept growing back and then it would insult me.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:LOL:LOL, I would've fed my brother to it:LOL
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Nighton »

I missed the ending, but luckily I found a CD with all of the songs (and a lot of dialogue), so at least I heard the ending. My favorite scene is, of course, the dentist song. It made me laugh hysterically. :*D But that song where the plant sings about how Seymore will get everything he wants is very good, too.
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Garble »

Little Shop of Horrors was originally a 1960 Roger Corman movie (He's famous for making low budget movies).

It inspired Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Who later went on to write music for many of Disney's most succesful movies) to addapt it into a broadway musical.

The 1986 movie was adapted from the musical and the actress that played Audrey also was in the stage production.

I was in a small theater production of it in my home town. I played all of the non-lead roles. No, really.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Little Shop of Horrors

Post by Garble »

The live version ends with AudryII eating Audry then Seymour tries to kill the plant by getting inside its pod to hack at it from whithin (and shortly after climbing into the pod, the plant burps). Then it ends with a song singing about how the plant went on to reproduce and take over the world.