Christopher Reeve, dead at age 52

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

:cry I saw the headline on the front page of the newspaper as I walked into work today. Not a nice way to start a workweek.

I'm old enough to remember seeing Superman in a drive-in theater with my dad, not two weeks after it opened. I also remember reading about the dangerous wirework, as well as the fact that Chris deliberately bulked up with extra meals and 4 hours of weight training a day (because he'd be damned if he would play a Superman with fake, padded muscles). He was a hero to millions then, and after the accident in '95, he became a symbol and hero to an entirely new generation and audience.

Maybe his early death was pre-ordained, but that doesn't make it any easier. :shame The only positive thing that can be said for this is the freedom he and his family now have.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

Very sad, considering the fact that he was still crusading to find a cure for his disability...it simply isn't fair that someone as brave and strong as he should be cut down so early...
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I just found out about this today, i feel sad, he was a good man and he played the most famous superhero of the world with great talent, may he rest in peace now.
KiOniLoco
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KiOniLoco »

May the bravest man in the world always be remembered. Long Live Superman.
Can't sleep or the clowns will eat me

My Website:
www.locographix.icyspicy.com
Its old, but has some great artwork on it. Enjoy!
I'm Not Bad, Just Drawn This Way. :)
:bamf
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

My friend called me to tell me this. Hadn't gotten this far down in Todays Posts.

:( This is very sad to hear. I remember the first Superman in 1978 and seeing it in the theater and thinking how cool it was. There was a time I like Christopher. Crap I think I had a crush on him. :)

I hope Bryan Singer dedicates the first Superman movie to good 'ol Christopher. He now flies among the angels. You'll be missed man.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

This was sad news . Reeves was a great person and a dedicated proponent of research to find cures for his as well as many others maladies. I remember his Supes movies and I had a crush on him too, and I don't even LIKE Superman.

He will be missed :(
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I heard about this in my history class today, and it made me start crying.:(He was one of my favorite Actors, and it always hurt to see one leave, especially so young. But I suppose it is a release for him:*) I'll miss him.
one name: Bruce Campbell
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

I remember hearing about it last night. I really couldn't figure out why it hit so it hit hard, until someone said it felt like hope had died. And that's true, he gave hope to millions and it seems with his passing that some of it is lost. He will be deadly missed.

And hell, I had a crush on him too.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
DaggerNailsYuriko
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DaggerNailsYuriko »

It is amazing how the power of one departing one plane of existence to the next releases into all hearts who know him and his works, the compulsion and motivation to push forth to continue the work of his dream. To bring to reality the possible cures that stem cell research can achieve. Though now set free, I feel his spirit will continue this work from the otherside to inspire those of us here with the powers and knowledge to eventually make it so. Free from his prison of flesh he now flies like the Superman he really is, forever. There is sadness and there is joy. Godspeed Christopher Reeve.

a.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

How very sad. But he isn't suffering anymore. My aunt Gladys is 93 and has cancer from second hand smoke and she is about to go soon. I went to see her the other day. She was so weak I felt like crying when I saw her. She used to be such a lively person.