Ivan the terrible (hurricane)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Hey Scrawlers, I know that some of you live in the far south eastern points of the states, is everybody ok? Seems like you guys have been hammered this year? I've seen pics online and all the damage that Ivan did...I hope everyone is ok.

*Big hugs from Panz*
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Ivan was a nasty evil hurricane >_<... the tail barely hit us and we had bad weather before it headed to the states.
I hope everybody is ok there!
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Thanks for your concern Panz, and the hugs are most welcome.

I live in the path of Hurricane Frances and had to evacuate. Our house is okay, but our bankaccount took a hit with the days on the road and in motels, and the generator and chainsaw we bought. It sure doesn't help that my husband is still out of work. It was a lot of work to clean up and we were without electricity for a week. Some of my friends didn't fair so well.

We had some nail biting moments over Ivan and Charley. Here's hoping Jeanne doesn't hit anyone.

God am I sick of hurricanes.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

i saw that on the news the other day, glad to hear that you are ok Shadow_Dancer! the US seems to be getting a lot of hurricanes of late doesn't it? makes me glad i live in Australia...

:hugs

now all we gotta do is find the dang butterfly causing all this weather and squash it! :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I'm thankfull to live on the west coast of the US, we never get such terrible weather. My heart goes out to all those who are experiencing all these hurricanes...I blame global warming for this.

I hope you and your friends do okay, Shadow_Dancer, from one American to another. *huggles*
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i live in lousiana, i was not listening to the weather reports
so i did not realise that Ivan was so close to us.
(i remember thinking- crap its going to turn left & hit us, we
rode Lili out in 02 & that was only a level 2 hurricane - next time a hurricane hit we were leaving) but there was no way we could leave
traffic was terrible, & at a stand still-
i was so worried because i have friends in new orleans, & heard
that parts of it had flooded
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

It was raining hard when I woke up, but by the time X-Men came on, it started to... well stop. I thought we were being hit by a hurricane or two.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I'm thankfull to live on the west coast of the US, we never get such terrible weather. My heart goes out to all those who are experiencing all these hurricanes...I blame global warming for this.

I hope you and your friends do okay, Shadow_Dancer, from one American to another. *huggles*

Agreed. I hope everyone is alright. Hugs to all that is affected. I don't ever recall so many hurricanes happening one after another.

Living on the West Coast we are also lucky to have the quakes and fires. Can't leave if there is going to be a quake because you don't know when its going to happen. And in Las Vegas a major drought! Yep! We're drying up here! Imagine that! :/