Umm...The Olympics??

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'm jusat kinda surprised no one has spoken about the Olympics yet..I mean, they're almost over! Swimming has been the most amazing thing ever! Who else is watching???
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Mistress D »

Bwah! I've missed a lot since I've been doing stuff.... Umm... Yeah. But I did see Mia Hamm in women's soccer! USA V. Brazil! It was awesome! ^_^ And then I saw the men's fencing, Italy V. Hungary. WOOHOOO!!! It was so tense!!! The whole "sudden death" match thing... It rocked. :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Tracker »

Eh..I watch practically no TV...so I hadn't even realized that they started. :o I only figured it out when our NPR station made vauge references to them.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I only realized they were going on after a couple days of sports-themed Google graphics.

Yeah, don't care.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I've been watching them every day so far, it's awesome. ( for those who live in the USA) Did anyone catch at the very beginning of the Olympics before the Opening ceremony, they played one of the songs from the first Jurassic Park movie:LOL.

Synchronized diving and the uneven bars are my two favorites.
It was really sad when one of the guys from the synch. diving team lost his spot in the dive, and then one of the guys from Germany hit his foot on the diving board, I felt sad for them:(But they all did good.

I find I cheer for other countries rather than my own:D;)
one name: Bruce Campbell
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by kladyelf »

We're having an Olympics?!?!? :o

just kidding ;)

since i only have a mild interest in sport in general and since most of the olympics are first shown at 3am here... its a little difficult to follow, but it is nice to know that *IAN THORPE* is now apparrently Australia's best olympiad *shrugs* meh, who would have known it :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Mistress D »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I've been watching them every day so far, it's awesome. ( for those who live in the USA) Did anyone catch at the very beginning of the Olympics before the Opening ceremony, they played one of the songs from the first Jurassic Park movie:LOL.

Synchronized diving and the uneven bars are my two favorites.
It was really sad when one of the guys from the synch. diving team lost his spot in the dive, and then one of the guys from Germany hit his foot on the diving board, I felt sad for them:(But they all did good.

I find I cheer for other countries rather than my own:D;)
Heh, I like to cheer for other countries too. 'Cept in soccer. GO MIA!!! w00t!!! :D
Did you see that one Japanese guy who was in swimming? He was WAY out in front, no way anybody's gonna catch him! It was cool. ^_^ Most of the other guys from Oriental countries seem to fall behind pretty quick, at least from what I've seen.
Y'know what I kept thinking when the guy was running up the steps to light the torch at the opening ceremony. I kept think that he's probably thinking "Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip." :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by Mistress D

Y'know what I kept thinking when the guy was running up the steps to light the torch at the opening ceremony. I kept think that he's probably thinking "Don't trip, don't trip, don't trip." :D
:LOL That's what I would have been thinking.:LOL
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by LadyErin »

Dude, my luck? I'ld trip.
And fall, backwards, on my head.
And then laugh.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Did you see that one Japanese guy who was in swimming? He was WAY out in front, no way anybody's gonna catch him! It was cool. ^_^
If your talking Kitajima in the breast stroke.....he should have been eliminated in the 100m...he WAY obviously dolphin kicked when leaving the wall....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by kurtlover »

Mexico is doing lame this year.. but Saul Mendoza won silver medal..and i have high hopes in Ana Guevara.
GO ANA!!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
If your talking Kitajima in the breast stroke.....he should have been eliminated in the 100m...he WAY obviously dolphin kicked when leaving the wall....
I thought the judges agreed that it wasn't a dolphin kick:shrug, oh well.

Who watched womens US play against Brazil at Soccer? That was brutal. Mia got Yellow carded, and both teams kept fouling each other, sheez, I wouldn't want to be out on that feild.:eekI'd get killed.:X.

Dernit. I can't wait till Winter Olympics! That when I generally cheer for USA and Germany.
I love watching the people wipe out on the ski slopes:LOLand I love watching Bob-sleding and Hockey( now that's a brutal sport, and one that I wouldn't mind losing teeth in) it is sooo fun.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Gaz »

I mostly watch the Olympics when I get hungy around 1 am and turn on the TV while my toficken is cooking. I like the watch the Gymastics most because I took Gymnastics for 8 years. It's amazing how tiny those girls are. I mean, it's rare for my to see a girl older than me with smaller boobins. But I love the gymnastics overall, especially when they show the replays in slo-mo because the physics is amazing. I can still do some of the things those girls do, especially the floor routines, but man those girls are tiny, its amazing.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by sapphirescimitar »

I've been watching the Olympics!

Alexandre Despatie is hot and he won a silver medal. <3
Cocnuts.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Umm...The Olympics??

Post by Gaz »

Oh my god Andy Roddick is a trillion times hotter. He is totally the hottest athelete at the olympics :love
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.