Anybody here into Final fantasy?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ziox »

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm an FF nut!:D
Sinew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sinew »

Saddly to say..the only one's i've played are FF7 (and kingdom hearts...but i dunno if that counts:)... but the graphics are lovely :love! YAY FF!!!

(question...why is it called final fantasy when theres near 11 games in the series? :?)
"But i dont want to be among mad people!"
"oh you cant help that, we're all mad here"-alice in wonderland

"Hearts grow hard, on a windy street. Lips grow cold, with the rent to meet. So if you kiss me...if we touch...warnings fair, I dont care much"-Cabaret (I dont care much)

"Madness is the emergency exit" -teh joker
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ziox »

Well, Square Soft which is now Square Enix, in the 80's was not as big as they are now in fact the company was almost going out of business. So the game company that they were they decide to make one "Final" rpg game before they might of had to close there company, so they made what was probably one of the best rpg game's of that time which was the first Final Fantasy. But instead when Square Soft released final fantasy it was such a hit in Japan that I pretty much think it saved there company and also gave them indeed a promising title for the future... But that's just my run down of it but I'm sure square had a little more going on at that time but believe me that Final Fantasy and it's follow ups really put square on the map.

And what's even cooler about FF 7 is that it has a prequel and sequel (in the making), the prequel FF 7: Before Crisis is going to be a cell phone game that plays around the Turks and the sequel FF 7: Advent children is going to be an 80 min computer animated DVD movie.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I played FF 9 but I did'nt get far, I stick to Spyro, X-Men games, and my fave Threads of Fate(which I beleive is by the same company):shrug
one name: Bruce Campbell
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Absolutely. I loove those games!
I'm currently involved in FFX-2, and my brother played FFX before that.
My favorite will always be FF7.. I loved that game so much that I played it for four straight hours even though I had no memory card compatible with it! And then when I died, I did it all over again!
I'm in desperate need of a life, please, somebody, DONATE TO THE FUND!!
:toothy
Purple is the color of fear!!!

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

do i like FF-
hell ya- i LOVE final fantasy,
FF 7 is one of my faves it was one of the 1st video games i've ever beaten, (didnt much care for FF8 & never played FF9),beaten FF 10 (also beaten FF 10-2)

i heard that they were making a ff 7 movie, but i dont know much about it
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I love final fantasy. My favorite two were probably Final Fantasy 7 and 8. Squall and Cloud... best two characters they've ever made.

They are making a movie of Final Fantasy 7 called Advent Children... I don't know much about the details though... All I know is what the possible story is about

The story takes place two years after the end of Final Fantasy VII. The planet has become a peaceful place, industry and cities seem to be in ruins. However most of the surviving people have been affected by "Star Scar" syndrome (or Seikon-Shoukougun in Japanese).

Cloud has been living alone, likely having lost those who were his friends and companions in FFVII. He feels some guilt as to what he had done in attempting to save the world. Was it the right thing to do? Was it all worth it. He feels alone in the world as it is now.

In the trailers, we see Cloud riding through what looks to be the ruins of Midgar. He is attacked by an unknown attacker with what looks to be some kind of energy kind of weapon. A sword fight takes place between Cloud and this unknown enemy. The enemy has silver hair (although shorter than Sephiroth's) and wears tight black clothing.

We also see this unknown enemy bowing down to a person shrouded in a white sheet or cape from head to toe. He reaches out to take his hand and bows before him. A flashback of Sephiroth then appears on the screen.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Final Fantasy VII and Tactics own my soooooul... :dead
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Final Fantasy XI is pretty much all I play now. Its an outstanding online experience.

I really liked FFX... hated FFX-2. Seriously... the game is retarded. Don't waste your money.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I heard that it wasn't that great as well... I still need to get FFX...
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

My first RPG was FF2 / FF4, depends on where you live. I've played ff2, ff3 /ff6 (again depends on where you live), ff5, ff7 and ff8. I only stopped at 8 because Square stopped making them for the PC, DAMN YOU SQUARE, DAMN YOU.
The moment I got enough moneys I'm buying a PS2 and the rest of the series.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Winged Outlaw
I really liked FFX... hated FFX-2. Seriously... the game is retarded. Don't waste your money.
ja, that game was such a waste of money,
i sometimes felt insulted by that game, it
really wasnt much of a challange,
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I was, i am, and im gonna be.. And one of the "good looking" "FF Stuff" i waiting for is Final Fantasy Advent Child or was it Advent Children
it looked so great when i saw the trailer.. and because it is happening in FF7 world. it will much more better then the late FF The Spirits Within
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

is there any word on when Advent Children will be released.
because i would love to see it