Alien vs. Predator

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!

Alien vs. Predator

Total votes: 0

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alien vs. Predator

Post by nightcrawler30 »

ok so most of you know that there is going to be an alien vs. predator movie coming in august. so you do you think will win the battle. my vote is Predator, because they have more high tech weapons to kill something.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Nights_dreams
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Nights_dreams »

nah, i would go with the Aliens because i think they're quite very clever and down-right scary!!! :eek

so i side with the aliens :D
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Northstars Love »

Predator. They're more intelligent than the Aliens. And as nightcrawler30 said more weapons. Don't forget their invisibility now. ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien vs. Predator

Post by kurtlover »

If the movie is going to be like the classic comics :p or the videogame, i think you all know already my choice.
MorrisonsBackDoor
Lubber
Lubber

Alien vs. Predator

Post by MorrisonsBackDoor »

Wabbit season...NO
Duck season...

Hot vs cold.
Cheese vs Macaroni.

I think those Predators should be ashamed of themselves...Aliens are probably on the endangered species list.
WHY?
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Garble »

Well, it is hard to get them to mate in captivity...

I'm wondering if the movie is going to have an Alien hatched from a Predator.
Resurection seemed to want to play with showing off different varations of Aliens. So it seems like this Aliens/Predator flick should follow suit.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alien vs. Predator

Post by nightcrawler30 »

maybe the movie will end in a draw with both races either killing all humans and taking over our world or both races could wipe out each other. or predator could wipe the earth with alien.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Maelstrom »

We've already had a precedent for the Predator species "winning" against the Giger Aliens. In the first movie, as a quick background shot, we got to see an Alien head as a trophy inside the Predator's spaceship. ;)

If it's AN Alien against A Predator, it's not much of a contest. The Predator species is highly evolved and comes equipped with high tech weaponry. A single alien doesn't stand a chance against an actively-hunting and prepared Predator. Remember that even humans can mow Aliens down from a distance if we have the right firepower.

But if a few Predators stumble onto a hive of them, things are going to get dicey to say the least. I'm figuring that they'll "seed" a planet with Aliens for some prime hunting, and they get more than they bargained for.

(This was the premise for one of the Aliens vs. Predator comics from Dark Horse, early 90s: Predators seeded a planet with Aliens, and unknown to them, humans had colonized the area. The facehuggers infected the cattle, cattle were brought back into the colony to be slaughtered, and you can see where this is heading.... :smirk)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alien vs. Predator

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

:'( Everyone's against the Aliens! I love the Aliens! Okaaay, so maybe they wouldn't win against the Predator guys (they're way smarter..), but I still voted for the Aliens. If we all crush their horrible, murderous spirits, how are they supposed to win, huh?? :P
I hope they do hatch an Alien from one of those guys.. Might be an interesting result..
Purple is the color of fear!!!

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Predator. They're more intelligent than the Aliens. And as nightcrawler30 said more weapons. Don't forget their invisibility now. ;)
dont forget aliens ability to climb on walls and jump long distances, 100 aliens against Predator.. i bet that the predator wins aliens in the movie.. but for real the aliens would win.. ... i wonder if anyone understands what i just typed
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien vs. Predator

Post by kurtlover »

Nobody is against the aliens :p it is not a popularity contest :p...it is a fact that in comics Predator always wins.
Besides Aliens represent evil, i mean the Predators aren't much better, but at least they doesn't hatch from a human body.
Predators are used to deal with them, it is part of their training as warriors to hunt aliens to become better.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by kurtlover
... Aliens represent evil, i mean the Predators aren't much better, but at least they doesn't hatch from a human body.
:scratch Interesting point. I hadn't really thought of the Aliens species as evil, persay, but as amoral, uncaring, uncontrollable parasites that have evolved to their highest level. I remember hearing that the opposite of love isn't hate: it's apathy. In this case, the Alien species is utterly devoid of every attribute that would mark them as sentient, let alone sympathetic. There's nothing to identify with; no courage, no honor, no fear, no desire to protect something lesser than they, not even much of a self preservation instinct to overcome. The closest you get is with the Queen, which has the instinct to protect her eggs at all costs, and will kill her own "soldiers" to do it (ripped one of them apart in Alien Resurrection, so its acid would bore through the floor and get her a way out). They're an organic version of a "hunter-killer" robot.

Add into the equation that their very existance causes the incredibly painful death of their host, in the same way that certain wasps lay their eggs on paralyzed insects, and you added that nail in the coffin. To me, evil implies a deliberate act, the conscious application of what you know to be wrong. I don't see the Aliens as evil so much as nature gone so wild that it will destroy whatever it touches. And that's even more frightening, simply because it doesn't care.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien vs. Predator

Post by kurtlover »

I said "Evil" but trying to set an example of "Evil vs Good" in a movie or a story, I guess i didn't explain it well.
Aliens aren't evil perse, they're just a bunch of creatures that happens to reproduce in some sorta parasite way. Just animals, with no rational thoughts.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien vs. Predator

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

If you think about it, Aliens are more like a parasite, so my vote goes to predator.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Garble »

I'm wondering how hard it is to gut and clean an animal with atomic acid for blood.

Sure, an Alien's exoskull makes a cool trophey, but imagine the damage to you wall if you mount it before all the blood dries out.

incedently, for some reason, when I passed by this forum today I misread it as "Aliens vs. Potter"
I'm thinking there's a crossover we can all wait to see.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alien vs. Predator

aliens are more like Ants.. you know, they have queen, Workers, Soldiers and stuff.. And parasites.. just are..
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Alien vs. Predator

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Garble

incedently, for some reason, when I passed by this forum today I misread it as "Aliens vs. Potter"
I'm thinking there's a crossover we can all wait to see.
:*D Oh God, I can just see that....

Harry, Hermoine, and Ron staring at Hagrid's corpse, which has a stunned look on its face and a big hole in his chest.

Ron: Blimey.... it finally happened. One of his damn creatures killed him.

Hermoine (sniffling): I TOLD him to leave the pod alone! I TOLD him! But he just kept saying how cold it was out there, and that the frost would kill it!

Harry: And then he was so happy that it hatched and gave him a big hug....
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien vs. Predator

Post by kurtlover »

I just pictured Hermione carrying a giant laser gun with her shaved head. LOL
BLUE_2007
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alien vs. Predator

Post by BLUE_2007 »

:LOL Now there's some entertainment!

I voted for Aliens because chances are there wouldn't be only one (or even just a few) fighting as they seem to swarm.

Plus, I like the Aliens more.
Holy crap, it's been awhile!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alien vs. Predator

I like Predator more in the movie but i like Aliens in the Games.. like Alien Vs Predator and stuff.. and i like Humans in the comics