Things that tick you off

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by SheCat »

I saw that on saviodsiva.net, but the cake one's mine. I've always wondered about that. I made that up before I read the list.

Another thing? When people name their pets something like Johnny Depp and post pictures on the internet with that name so the image search brings up a pic of a maltese or something. Grrrrrr....
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by jimmy »

yeah! :thumbup

i saw this and im like, this is the same stuff that annoys me:D ^_^

jimmy:evotodd
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by jimmy

When people say "It's always in the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?
How about annoying people who correct sayings? ;) You can rest assured - the saying is actually: "it's always in the last place you would look". So, um, it sort of makes sense... I guess...One time I found my car keys in the fridge - the last place I looked and the last place I would've looked for them :LOL
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Things that tick you off

Post by Riley »

One of My subtitute (SP?) Teachers. He makes me so mad! All he does is sit down and reads he doesnt even teach us! He is very sexist, once when he was subbing for P.E. he made us run the whole track till it was time to go. (which was about 30 min.) and if we stopped he would send us to the office. some guys stopped running right in from of him and he didnt send them to the office, and when some of us girls stoppped he sent us to the office.
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Nocturne_Of_Shadow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by Nocturne_Of_Shadow »

Hey Riley is this guy really fat with a monotone voice. Glasses and a beard? Cause i think i have had him before?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bow CHLOE IN DA HOUSE! :thumbup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or, If Chloe Is Offline. Chloe Has Left The Building!:puppy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quit Scrawlers Nov. 21
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by Zix »

Originally posted by jimmy

When people say "Its always in the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after youve found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?
I had to spend 20 minutes explaining that concept to a group of my friends four years ago, one of whom was meant to be in the 10 smartest people in school. Just goes to show that exam results mean very little.
Originally posted by SheCat
Also, Mondays and Tuesdays. They seem pointless. So does Wednesday. A perfect week would be Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Can I keep Tuesdays? Tuesdays are my fencing night.
James annoys me at fencing. He’s always got to be ‘harder’ than everyone. Competing against yourself’s admirable, and competing against those who want to compete is good. I need to explain to him that just because I do martial arts doesn’t mean I think I could beat him up by punching him (noooo, I’m far sneakier than that :evil). People who’ve always got to be right and have no room for flexibility in their opinions get my goat.

I hate it when you go into a fast food place (I also don’t like fast food), you order your stuff and they ask you if you want anything else. What are they expecting you to say? “Yes, I forgot, I also want this, this and this.” It annoys me that I find it annoying too because they’re told to say it, it isn’t their fault,

It also really annoys me when people have brought you a really thoughtful gift, one that suits you, and you’ve already got it and have to tell them it. Their faces just drop and you feel so mean.

I hate it when I can’t understand a word of what someone’s saying because of their accent. It’s frustrating for all parties involved.

Discrimination in general gets me down, both ‘positive’ and ‘negative’. All discrimination’s both positive and negative; it all depends in what group you’re in.

Exams. Only because I’ve got one this Wednesday at 8:45 and have got to miss my best friend’s bonfire and fencing the night before.

People who automatically come to the conclusion that dyslexia=stupidity. It’s just another form of discrimination but it affects me personally and so I’m more sensitive about it. (Which is hypocritical and annoys me too.;)) They can have been speaking to you for ages and have commented that you seem intelligent but as soon as the ‘D’ word comes in they start looking at you like you’re something they’ve scraped off their shoe. This attitude might affect my chances at getting into some universities. I went to look round Birmingham University and the lecturers I was talking to wanted me to go there and were very encouraging. After I told them I was dyslexic, that I wouldn’t want any additional help but that it would be recorded on my application form and they told me not to bother applying, I wouldn’t get the grades. True, I want to be a doctor but I have the grades and I took those exams before being diagnosed as dyslexic. The only way dyslexia affects me negatively is that I make more spelling mistakes than someone who reads the amount I do should do; and very occasionally I misread things. However, this is something that everybody does on occasion and because I’m aware that I do it sometimes I actively check for it. If I’ve made a mistake I’m very likely to pick up on it and correct it. I can pretty much always spell scientific word anyway and those are what’s important.
People who are diagnosed as dyslexic and are actually just below average annoy the hell out of me too actually, although again, that isn’t their fault. The help that they’re given wont affect their results; if you don’t know what you’re talking about having an extra 15 minutes for every hour wont help, coloured glasses won’t make a difference to their reading. It’s just taking the resources away from those who really are dyslexic. People who are below average intelligence should be helped learn, but not in the same style as dyslexics, they’re completely different problems.
What is dyslexic’s fault is where they say “Oh don’t mind my spelling/grammar/sentence structure, I’m dyslexic” when they write fics. Well I do mind it if what’s written isn’t comprehensible. If you know you’ve got a problem you triple check things, you type things up on word to use the spell check. If there are some things that you miss then that’s OK, hopefully some kind soul would point it out to you. Everybody makes mistakes. You’re using your learning style as an excuse to be lazy and making the rest of us look bad. It’s a reason for bad spelling but not an excuse. Make the effort.

Please excuse the dyslexia rant. I know quite a lot about it and don’t see it as a learning disability, at most a difficulty. It’s a different style that doesn’t suit the Anglo teaching and writing system. In China dyslexia is seen as an advantage.
I was only diagnosed as dyslexic less than a year ago, although my parents have said I was all my life. At the moment I’ve been experiencing a lot of hassle with my university applications for it, hence, it’s an issue I feel strongly about at the moment.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:yell
Hugs. I hate it when people touch me (mentle hugs are fine) I shall be a virgin forever.

People who think they're above everybody else.

People in general.:evil

Forgetting what you were about to say, right when you want to say it.

People pulling at my curls and say "boing!" while doing it.

Grownups telling me I'm a beautiful young lady and should act that way (1) I ain't pretty (2) I'll act howevery I d*** well please!

People who use prophanity to th extreme (every other word)

Stereotypes.

Spiders, nuff said.

Onions.

People who don't talk loud enough the first time and have to repeat themselves more than 2 times.

Reality TV, it's stupid and has no point.

ANd other things that I can't think of right now. :grr
one name: Bruce Campbell
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Things that tick you off

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Vegans who claim not to eat meat/cheese/etc. cuz its cruel to animals, and yet still eat mass-farmed vegetables that kill millions of small-game animals every year during harvesting processes, as well as pesticides. Cuz by their logic, such animals have rights too... right?

In other words... I hate hypocrites who try to make me feel bad for eating a burger :p
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Gaz
I hate...

~Companies that, despite being super rich, still charge $4 for a coffee or $150 for sneakers.
One word: Viacom:mad
Nuff said.
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by John Doe »

*Fat people who blame it on everyone but them.

*White people who try to be black, or really anything of that sort, that's just the most common.

*People who hate you because of your musical tastes, or label you for them- I'm a metal fan and a rap fan (not gangsta rap, old rap like RATM and NWA) and people either think I'm a punk poser for liking Evanescence or someone trying to be black for liking old-style rap.

*Overusing or using incorrectly the words "ghetto" and "old-school"- I will, admittedly, use the latter sometimes, but not as much as some. And I only use the former when talking about actual ghettos, like Warsaw.

*People who jump on bandwagons and conform.

*When your friend, who's possibly the coolest kid you've ever met, becomes a humorless burden due to his girlfriend's influence- and, on the topic, when a guy/girl abandons his/her old best friends for their new girl/boy friend.

*People who cheat at games. I used to. Now, I don't.

*Hypocrites, racists, etc.

*Politically correct. It was a good concept, like communism, but became a nightmare (like communism). You're now a racist if you dislike a member of a minority, even if you dislike them because they're a complete prick.

*People who feel that they're entitled to welfare.

*My dad's blindness to the fact that I'm grumpy and not conversational in the mornings.

*When you hear a song that's great, except for one annoying part- like in Audioslave's "Shadow On the Sun". A great song except for at the end when they start repeating the name a bunch to really bad guitaring.

*Word creation, when not done properly. I'm fine with things like Omniverse (yes, I realize it's already a semi-word) and such, when you use correct grammar and general rules to create a term, but when it's just something like "coolio". Be lazy, people! Why say the extra two syllables?

*People who claim that they're not racists or homophobes- they just don't think a black person could be a good president, or that a gay couple shouldn't be allowed marriage, for some other reason. (My mom disagrees with the latter on "semantic" grounds, or so she says.)

*People who hate on pro wrestling, having never seen it and knowing nothing about it.
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by John Doe »

(I'm not done yet!)

*People who use the school hallways to cluster their friends together, take up entire stairwells/halls to talk about some vapid topic, and act indignant when I push, shove, and bulldoze my way through them because I have a class to on the 3rd floor, and I'm in the basement.

*Censorship.

*Little kids who can get away with anything.

*People who talk during movies or plays. Having read someone's (sorry, I forget your name) story about kids running ON STAGE during their performance, I feel lucky that my play was undisturbed.

*People who go to some place or another not to use that facility for its intended function, but to, again, take up space.

*The way that, for reasons beyond anyone's control, apostrophes on this board sometimes appear as a long, distracting string of code that makes it hard to read.

*People who seperate one-syllable words into two syllables- "Puh-leez", "Gaw-awd", etc.

*When people try to guilt trip you.

*People who insist to you that their religion is superior.

*My aversion to art class, yet its curricular necessity.

*Bush.

*Kerry.

*Gore.

*L33tSp33k sometimes bothers me, but I do tolerate it when it's used to get around censors in forums.

*Dirty cops.

*9th grade girls who act like harlots. (I'm a 9th grader, by the way.)

*When someone writes a miserable, pathetic poem about slashing their wrists because they think it's cool.

*When people think that aforementioned poem is genius.

*When people think I'm stupid for knowing lots of words. That doesn't make sense.

*Talentless musicians who succeed on breasts and synthesizers.

*Posers or fakes.

I think I'm done now... ahhh, what wonderful catharsis!
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Things that tick you off

Post by NightPoofer »

This is one that I really hate!

Dumb people who are Famous! *Jessica Simpson* Grrr... Mostly uneducated people...

Excessive Complusive Perfectionists... I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I know someone whose all of those...

People who try to get others to cry *that's just messed up* for no apparent reason
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by John Doe »

*When people tap you on one shoulder so you look that way, when they're really on the other side. Tons of people do it, and it's stupid, rude, and ignorant.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Things that tick you off

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by John Doe
How about skinny people who whine about being fat?

Trust me, there is nothing more annoying than some skinny person saying that they're soooo overweight and must start the starvation diet NOW! Especially when your hauling your own medically overweight ass to the gym, watching your own intake and trying your damndest to get to your acceptable weight.
:mad:yell:(
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by John Doe »

Originally posted by Tracker
How about skinny people who whine about being fat?

Trust me, there is nothing more annoying than some skinny person saying that they're soooo overweight and must start the starvation diet NOW! Especially when your hauling your own medically overweight ass to the gym, watching your own intake and trying your damndest to get to your acceptable weight.
:mad:yell:(
Yeah, that's true... I used to try to convince my friend's girlfriend that she wasn't fat. Now, I hate her, so I don't talk to her at all. :)
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Things that tick you off

Post by Gaz »

I also hate:

*The poor people who have to use food stamps but they have a big screen TV or one huge extravagance.

*Really badly done highlights

*White trash ho gurls who think guys will like them if they just blow any d*ck they happen upon.

*Dog shows. They're just so snobby.

*The word moist

*People who abuse animals. In any way. There's no excuse for it.

*Toy poodles. They're SO CREEPY.

*Parents that let their kid do anything they want: eat candy all the time, run naked on my lawn, talk in movies, pick the flowers in the community garden across from my house.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Sinew
Lubber
Lubber

Things that tick you off

Post by Sinew »

:yell
* People who "GOTTA HAVE A SMOKE!! *twitch twitch*"

* lil'rich snobby white chick's who walk around with pink hair and bondage pants, proclaiming to be (in their own lil'world) "Punk"...that entire concept doesnt even EXIST any more thanks to lil'middle school $^%@#^er's like them..

*people who run around showing off the cuts and gashes they performed on themselves, so as to get attention (personally, I find it offensive and annoying, being a recovering self-abuser. Always, I would HIDE my injuries, not SHOW them off in such a manner like "HEY! LOOGIT ME! I HURT AND IIIII LIKE IT!!! COME AND PITY ME!)

* the word Shampoo (think about it...)

*people who show off the fact that they're better than you.

*Un-natural blonds.

*people who look at you and ask, "hey, are you *insert stereotype*" (for me, its always "are you goth?" ) ...yes, now dont delay me or I'll be late for my club meeting! today we're gonna read anne rice (no offence) and talk about killing ourselves while listening to NIN!!! YAY GOTHNESS!! :D

*people who dont get the concept of "sarcasm"
"But i dont want to be among mad people!"
"oh you cant help that, we're all mad here"-alice in wonderland

"Hearts grow hard, on a windy street. Lips grow cold, with the rent to meet. So if you kiss me...if we touch...warnings fair, I dont care much"-Cabaret (I dont care much)

"Madness is the emergency exit" -teh joker
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

* people who say bands like NIN, Korn, Maralyn Manson (to name a few) are stupid and gutteral, to me, in my face(if that's your opinion, exactly, keep it to yourself!)

*old people going for late night walks and say high to you right when you're trying to get home('s just creepy)

*The seal on ketchup bottles.

*Perfume( some is ok) the stuff that doesn't smell good, resembles a strong smell of dirt and cheap calogne.

*All the houses thst are being built in our town, just because Santa Barbara's prices for houses is too high (build some friggin low priced houses there! We don't need anymore friggin houses!)

*Guys who walk funny (as if they have a load in their pants)

*Girls who stand in front of the mirror for twenty minutes doing makeup, in a public bathroom, when ya wanna get to the friggin sink and wash your hands and leave.

*did I mention onions?

*pork

*Turkey

*chicken

*tofu

*people wo try to convert me into a vegan or veggitarian(sp?)* well here is something to know, people convert because of dietary probs, animal cruelty probs etc. Well, then ya gotta find a way to get enough protein. You need a certain amount of cholesterol *there is good and bad* and if you don't get it, you might have to go to the doctor, they might put you on some wacked meds or make you eat meat anyway)

*The color pink (neon)
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Things that tick you off

Post by SmoothBamf »

wow John Doe you hate all most as many things as me

all right hears the thing I can't stand the marvel thor or any of their Nordic gods for that matter. I am a huge norse fan and it makes me verry made that marvel has taken certain liberties that they should not have because they did not creat the characters and when you use some one elses characters you should keep facts that have already been written the same such as the Mjollnirs handle is suppose to be short with only room for one thor size hand to fit on it do to loki's interference,sif has golden hair and thor is a red head I could go on and on but I won't. So in closing the marvel thor is crap and maybe they should try reading the myths befor the start just making stuff up
Liz Sherman
Lubber
Lubber

Things that tick you off

Post by Liz Sherman »

Hmm, thing I don't like...

#1 -Coming home after a hard day at work to a bunch of noise. Loud stereos and screaming. Oh yes moomy dearest, I would love to continue living at home for my first year in college...:evil

#2- Work, in general. I work retail. And humans can be so mean. Ugh, I hate homo Sapiens. I'm glad I only have to do this for 4 years, then I get to work with the mean peoples pets for the rest of my life, then die.

#3- The word 'bargain.' It reminds me of fat mean old women in poka dotted mumu's

#4- People who never look down to see what, or WHO thier stepping on. I hate being 5 foot even...
*CRASH* Hmm, nothings changed, home sweet home.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

*When you hear a song that's great, except for one annoying part- like in Audioslave's "Shadow On the Sun". A great song except for at the end when they start repeating the name a bunch to really bad guitaring.
This used to bother me. Then I realized how easy it is to use shareware music editing software to cut the offending bit. I seamlessly chopped 30 seconds from right in the middle of a song on my first try.

And now I'm going to listen to the edit and relive my glorious triumph over hideous raps inserted into otherwise perfectly fabulous songs.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by NWKurt »

1. People who dont signal for a lane change.
2. Chewed gum discarded in the parking lot - just waiting for someone to step in it!
3. ahhhh... more later....

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Things that tick you off

Post by Gaz »

I hate

-When I go to the swimming pool and there are a bunch of girls yelling at my about how the splash from my dives got them wet. You're at a f*cking pool! What do you expect!?

-Stupid people who insist that they do know how to spell, but they continue tYpiGn @ll thEr w0rdZ li3k d1$.

-Old people getting offended about the music I listen to in MY car or what I have written on MY clothes and backpacks.

-Anti-abortionist

-Roaches. They're just creepy as hell...
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Things that tick you off

Post by Bamfette »

ok. i actually had no idea this thread existed until now..... but while most of it is fine, i want to remind everyone here about our 'no bashing' rule. in short, if you have a problem wiht a creative individual be they a writer, musician, actor, writer or anything else, not liking thier work is fine. saying so is fine, so long as you can be intelligent about it. saying they 'suck' and you don't think they should be working, that's about the end of it, with no actual critique, that is NOT fine. i deleted the offending posts, (yes, the WHOLE post, i wasn't going to waste my time editing them for specific parts) and i ask everyone to please NOT mention names of people when listing your gripes. I will not tolerate people going on about how some musician SUCKS in all caps and etc. *just for making music*. they are not forcing you to buy it, so if you don't like it, just don't. if they sell, someone likes it. it may very well be only 13 year old girls who like it, but hey. they need someone to like just as much as the rest of us.

it's been in the rules since the beginning of this forum.
1. RESPECT. Show it. Use it. You should at least respect the opinions, works, and posts of others, and the others themselves at ALL times. I'm not saying that you have to agree with everyone and everything or that you have to like everything...just understand that it is someone's work or someone's thoughts that you're commenting on or disagreeing with.
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/faq.php?page=forumrules

and THAT is my big gripe. people who can't accept that something they hate may be what someone else likes, and just finding something *else* to listen to/watch/read. there are plenty of musicians i don't like, but it is not like there aren't a ton of others to choose from.
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

What really gets me mad is the slimy stuff in a can of spam. yah... gerrr...:LOL

Ok for real i don't like when people suck on thier teeth.