"Perfect Moments"

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

"Perfect Moments"

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Brian Finkelstein is a storyteller, among other things.

He often hosts Moth Radio Hour sessions and he runs them well, mostly due to his immense talent in spoken narrative. The Moth Radio Hour is an National Public Radio show where people perform/speak/slam stories of their lives. Some are professionals, some are doing it to get something off their chest, some are taking the opportunity of an Open Mic chance to speak candidly about something monumental in their life.

Every episode is special, every episode is moving, but none have rocked me emotionally more than today's story.

(Actually that's not completely true, often I have to pull over because of the tears in my eyes while I listen on the radio -- but that's neither here nor there).

This episode had me in a wrecked state for most of the day, but in a positive way. I felt... alleviated once I was able to shed the welled up tears that I had no idea were bottle-necking behind my eyes. It's an intense story with a lot going on... but I want to offer a trigger warning,...
This story is about Suicide.

Perfect Moments by Brian Finkelstein is one of the best short stories I've ever heard and I hope all of you can appreciate it as well.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS