Cool Inventions for the Future

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Cool Inventions for the Future

Post by steyn »

So, after seeing 'BBC Click!' I saw an ink that is conductive, and showing things that people are making with them, one of them is letting kids paint pictures of instruments and then playing them by touch. Or even harry potter-esque newspapers, but instead of visual you get audio. Meaning you can draw an electric circuit or print out an electric board. Here's a few more inventions that might astound you.

Now this comes to mind what other amazing inventions is out in the world that's just so gosh darned cool, and what could be made with them? Personally I think the printed out electric circuit could easily be used for things like Magic The Gathering cards, add a play board that reacts with the cards to recognise which card is placed where (along with a wifi transmitter), and with a tablet as a monitor in between the two players, or one for each player, you end up with something like this!

Another fantastic thing is the Oculus Rift. However I'm both happy and cautious about the fact that Facebook bought Oculus Rift, happy because that means it will be coming out much sooner thanks to the multibillion dollar company, but also cautious because it's facebook, and it might end up with a advert bar at the bottom of my eye-line when wearing them.

Is there anything else that is amazing out there?

Come on Bman, I know you probably know of a few.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Cool Inventions for the Future

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

And check out this freaky new condom... and apparently this is a condom I think it looks like a heated blanket for my penis. Honestly.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

So.... apparently my idea was not thst original. Here is.... Prodigy. It is basically what i described. Only better.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Not an invention, it's a cool discovery though! world's largest dinosaur!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Steyn, isn't the idea there for Prodigy almost the exact same as Skylanders? Which came out in like... 2011... They've been doing these types of games for a bit. I hear there's a Digimon RPG in the works.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Well sort of, Skylanders explained, as you can see, Skylanders is like the kiddie version of it. The statuettes are basically just DLC characters. Whereas with Prodigy, the figurines are the creatures in your army, plus you use the cards to use different attacks for them. Prodigy is the 'tabletop advanced' whereas Skylanders is the 'video game swing and click'. There's no real reason for Skylanders to actually have those statuettes. You don't use them except for just loading one character to play with. Don't get me wrong, the SKylanders game does look horribly fun though.