CURIOSITY HAS LANDED!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

CURIOSITY HAS LANDED!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So the Mars Rover, Curiosity, has landed EXACTLY as it was expected to! (Seriously, damned good precision, NASA people got their shit together, guys).

Mr. Takei has shared the first image shown from the Rover.

This is a really big deal. (There's even landing parties). For anyone who doesn't know, (let me quote the already posted article from LA times here) "Curiosity, the largest and most advanced spacecraft ever sent to another planet, appears to have landed on Mars to begin its pioneering, two-year hunt for the building blocks of life — signs that Earth’s creatures may not be alone in the universe."

Like I said, this is a big deal.

This isn't just a big deal for Mars and space travel either, this technology (should it continue working properly), could be big news for expansive explorations at some of Earth's mightiest, darkest, depths of the ocean. We're talking the really deep parts that compact submarines 'cause the pressure is so bad. I gotta say, I've always been amazed by this stuff, but watching the footage of it on TV tonight, it was like our Moon Landing. Kind of.

Less of a big deal in the long run to many people who are so unfazed by these things now, especially because it's a (naturally) unmanned craft, but I still think this is a monumental technological leap for mankind. I'm really eager to see what we get from this.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: CURIOSITY HAS LANDED!

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I didn't even know about it till my best friend invited me over to watch. It was something else. When we got conformation that everything went as planned, the ENTIRE room of engineers, physicists, and directors exploded. Crying, yelling, hugging, everything... It was something to see...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!