R.I.P. Steve Jobs

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Post by Freak »

Huh, so he really got out of the company at the last minute.

Not a big fan of the company Apple has become, but I'm still sad.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jobs died of a rare form of pancreatic cancer. Jobs had almost limitless resource available to him and this type of pancreatic cancer still did him in. It is clear that this is a seriously under-researched type of cancer.

For more information on how to fight/fund the research against this cancer you can go to Pancan.org.

Here's a very interesting, and even touching, piece on
Jobs' death by the NYTimes.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Unfortunately, Pancreatic cancer has no early symptoms, so doctors don't often find it until it's already too late. The lucky survivors happen when doctors either do surgery or scans for something else and find an early stage tumor. It would be wonderful if researchers could find some kind of enzyme or other marker in the blood that would indicate something is going on with the pancreas. Steve was one of the luckier ones in one respect. The kind of cancer that affects the part of the pancreas that makes hormones like insulin, which is what he had, is rare but slower growing. He was able to battle it for 8 years. Most pancreatic cancer patients don't live longer than a year after diagnosis.

I can't say that I have many Apple products (they cost more than I can afford), but Steve Jobs' ideas paved the way for other products from other companies that are very similar. He was a genius in more ways than one and I am saddened when such genius was cut off before it's time. Who knows what else he might have invented.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke