Let's Have A Serious Talk About Beer

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So...

I love a good beer. And for me, in terms of American beers, (and not the exquisite craft beers either,) Samuel Adams seems to take the cake.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good Sierra Nevada or when I'm super shiffaced at a party, a simple PABST (It has the Blue Ribbon, damnit!)...

but something about Sam Adams is just right.

My favorites are either in the Imperial Series or in the Seasonal beers.

Ole Fezziwig (for the Holidays) is tremendous, but I can never turn down a good Octoberfest either...

What are some of your favorites?

:beer

[Edited on 28/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Oh beer, I am actually really rather picky about beers and I'm almost afraid that Cass and Hite exposure has managed to put me off of beer altogether but I'll give a recounting of my usual beers in any case.

Now the crappy beers I drink because they're handy when I'm out most of the time would be Newcastle and Amber Bock. I'm not crazy about them but I don't have anything against them either and generally enjoy them so there's that.

Now, across the street from where I used to live there was what I basically referred to as the bar of many beers. there was more beer than I could possibly manage to shake a stick at and my top among them would definitely be Pliny the Elder. Even if you don't care for beer I would recommend you try it. That was the rare bit of gold among some truly horrible things, however. I'm afraid I've forgotten most of their names but I can honestly say I have tried a beer that would have made a fantastic soy sauce.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I just want you to know I now have an image of you shaking a stick at beer and saying
"Oh you, beer!"

Anyways -- that sounds amazing. Pliny the Elder, eh?

What are some beer/food combos? I've noticed beers like Guinness go well with meat/potato type dinners (without being the least bit prejudice there too, I have found that a Guinness is much like a meal itself, and should be consumed with other hearty feasts).

I've been told that if you microwave a bottle of Guinness it turns into a loaf of Irish Soda Bread, that's how filling it is.

I like to drink beer and get wasted on hard liquor. I don't have a respect for hard liquor like I do for beer. Is that strange? It feels very un-American...
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So...

Who else would drink a Super Hero themed beer?

I know I would. Even if this guy was the mascot. OY! :doh!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

All beer tastes like soap to me. Which is one of life's cruel and bitter ironies, considering where I live...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Really? Soap? I ... am wondering what kind of soap you're using.... LOL!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I really like Dogfishhead Brew's Chateau Jiahu

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/c ... iginal.jpg

I want to try their other Ancient Ales, but they are rare and are never in stock. D:
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL! Good call NeXus! I would imagine an eternal paradise would have the most righteous beer! LOL!

Dogfishhea is supposdely awesome, I haven't tasted it myself.

Got some of Sierra Nevada's seasonal beer "Celebrations" for friends this year (got a bear, slapped a bow on it, and called it a Christmas gift, being I'm broke). They enjoyed it, I enjoyed it, so you can qualify that as a tasty beer.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

One year, I gave my husband a bottle of Moose Drool for Christmas, secured it to a branch of the Christmas tree, and he got a beer in a tree. We kind of have this Great White North thing going on, I guess.

Anyway, yeah. Moose Drool, disgusting name notwithstanding, is pretty good stuff.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven