Literally Unbelievable

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Literally Unbelievable

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I've been a fan of the Onion for years, and it turns out there is something even MORE entertaining than the Onion itself: Facebook posts of dumb people who think the Onion is real.

Enter http://literallyunbelievable.org/

This is one of my favorite online stops. It's incredible how up in arms people get over stupid stuff, and never take the time to find out exactly how credible their source is. Like, take a look at a few of these:

My favorites are the people who's friends are like "Dude, JOKE SITE!" and they argue back. LOL!

This one especially:
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Literally Unbelievable

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

OMG I love when people do that.

I get a kick out of posting those articles on the Vote Michele Bachmann/Sarah Palin walls.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Literally Unbelievable

Post by littlebamf »

Is it bad I do this sort of thing? As in pass on satarical articles and the like to a friend, assuring them its all real? But really...people like this make me concerned for the future of mankind sometimes.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Literally Unbelievable

Lil, you are evil incarnate. But then, we always knew that :P.

The best was when the Onion ran the article about the "$8 billion Abortionplex" that had anti-choicers going nuts. It was funny, but mostly it was frustrating to see them take it seriously and act like abortions were so widely available and people seeking them were so flippant and irresponsible. Not to take this into a direction that will land it in the Danger Room, but that was irritating.

Otherwise, this site is pure gold I really don't get people. WHO believes a study was conducted and found 96% of people would rather be an animatronic bear?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Literally Unbelievable

Post by Ferguson »

Well, I would quite enjoy being an animatronic bear but I can't say as I would have considered it before.

People are just...woefully gullible as a whole sometimes it seems which is both depressing and entertaining all at once. Considering all of the lectures I remember getting at school to check your sources I have to wonder where this over-trust of things on the internet comes from.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Literally Unbelievable

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

"It's a joke" "Well thats your opinion" HAHAHAHA.

Most of the people in the world actually are dumb as rocks. Now that the internet is so easy to use it's just easier to spot.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Literally Unbelievable

The Drastic Spastic wrote:"It's a joke" "Well thats your opinion" HAHAHAHA.

Most of the people in the world actually are dumb as rocks. Now that the internet is so easy to use it's just easier to spot.
This is so sad, yet so true.

I do love the people who argue with everyone who tells them it's a joke. When did it become inconceivable to admit you're wrong? Or just laugh at yourself?