How to discuss gay rights like a reasonable adult.

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I read this quite a long time ago, but totally forgot about it and how funny it was:

Hope everyone else finds it funny too. :LOL If not, feel free to debate in this thread, but if it gets heated, be advised I'm going to move it to the Danger Room.

I haven't read the comments on the thread yet, but in my experience most of the criticism from homophobes (yes, it's generally homophobes) is "You're wrong because I don't like the tone you used!" It's satire. Be a little open-minded (whoops). (That was just an aside; I'm not addressing or expecting such criticisms from anyone on Nightscrawlers.)

Edit: HAHA, I was right. (The comments are worth reading for bonus chatter too, if you don't get too annoyed by people being wrong on the Internet.)

[Edited on 8/24/11 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I like this a lot HM.

People have no sense of humor anymore. Also, it's hard to talk about gay rights seriously with so many people nowadays. Once they start whipping out scriptures, I start whipping out "This is how little I care" statements.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Oh how I love that website, a great work distraction if I ever saw one.

Now I've got a sick and wrong urge to find a gay rights argument/discussion and sort all of the statements into those categories.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

That is brilliant. And I know just the person to go and use that on as well...