Script Frenzy

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Script Frenzy

Post by steyn »

So, April is almost upon us, and that means Script Frenzy. If you don't know what that is, it is tough, it is hard, and it is brought to you by the same people who gave you that novella writing month, Nanowrimo.

100 pages in 1 month. You write a script for a movie, play or even a comic book, but a script you shall write, nothing more, nothing less. On the site they have tutorials on the format of scripts and screenplays, so don't worry your little pointy noggins over that.

For those who have a Nanowrimo account, you can use the same login and password details to log into your account in Script Frenzy.

I horribly failed at last year's Nanowrimo, so in April, I shall try my hand at writing a script. Who else is in?
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Script Frenzy

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

ME!!!!

I'll be writing a sci-fi screenplay.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Script Frenzy

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh, dude

DEF!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Script Frenzy

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

I signed up. I was thinking of writing the script for a comic. It's a format I've never even thought about doing before, even though I read so many comics.

But it'll probably end up like NaNoWriMo....a lot of planning and no actual action.

Good luck to everyone participating, this seems like oodles of fun.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Script Frenzy

Post by steyn »

Captain's Log, 1 April 2010

I haven't even gotten a full outline of my story, and Scriptfrenzy is in full swing. Guess I'll just start with the setup and get back to the incite and rising action of the outline later today. I know how I want the story to end, and how to start it, but the middle is still a bit hazy at the moment.

End of Log.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Script Frenzy

Post by Slarti »

Scripts are easier, fo'sho, and the format makes them even easier, since it takes up so much room, LOL, but I still say until the day I am not forced to write for work, I shall abstain!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Script Frenzy

Post by steyn »

Captain's Log, 4 April 2010

Encountered an unusual planet with an unusual array of creatures. They call their planet Ga'em and themselves Fuun. After today we had nicknamed them 'The Distractors'. Once we started conversing with them, we hadn't noticed that hours had passed, and when we finally came back on board the ship, it was too late to go on with my mission. Once again, I fall further behind in Script Frenzy, and it is only myself to blame.

End of Log.