TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WHOA!

Tron: Legacy

the first authorized, legit, sequel to Tron. Ever.

Incase you haven't seen it, Tron is the first CGI movie of its kind, a total ground breaker. Very abstract scenery, very little dialogue, and a lot of focus on "techno-babble".

It's been considered one of Disney's greatest achievements while also being called one of the most underrated films of all time. It barely went anywhere and left disingenuous inside-jokes among nerd-dom everywhere, but that's about it. Maybe a recent resurgence of funny "Tees" at Hot Topic, but that's about it. It was, in all honesty, way too ahead of its time.

Though, it did do one thing right, and that was leave itself wide open for an amazing sequel. This movie is going to be sick. I cannot wait. :eek
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

Post by steyn »

for those wondering what he means with "first of its kind" check out this timeline of cgi used in movies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... television

I'll be standing in line for tickets when it comes out. Unfortunately I still haven't seen the first one.
Gaoshang Xiongshou
Lubber
Lubber

TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

Post by Gaoshang Xiongshou »

steyn wrote:for those wondering what he means with "first of its kind" check out this timeline of cgi used in movies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_o ... television

I'll be standing in line for tickets when it comes out. Unfortunately I still haven't seen the first one.
You really owe it to yourself to see the first one. People do not realize or understand just how cool that movie actually is.

There are very few movies that I intend to go see at the theater, or ever have in these recent years... Transformers and Rocky Balboa come to mind, as I was there on opening day... I will also be going to see Tron Legacy.

26 years since the first movie came out?? Who misses something like THIS?!

[Edited on 19/3/10 by Gaoshang Xiongshou]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

Post by Slarti »

Maybe I should see the first one again as an adult, because I saw it as a kid when it first come out in theaters. I remember all the promotion it got as groundbreaking, and I remember the special effects were like nothing you had ever seen for the time, but... I can't remember being impressed by anything other than the special effects.

Of course, I can say the same for The Empire Strikes Back, which I saw in a rerelease at the drive-in around that time, so my memory may not be the greatest. ;)

[Edited on 19-3-2010 by Slarti]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

TRON LEGACY - OMFG!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Slarti, though some critics have bashed it, Ebert says that it was because at the tim, they didn't know how to handle the technology and visuals being used in the movie. They thought it was cheapening the effect of the film. He even said it was "ahead of its time, maybe too much so" I believe is the exact quote. A lot of people were just flat-out confused.

HOWEVER.... It has to be at least somewhat awesome because it stars Jeff Bridges :smirk
I mean...man.... He's the Dude.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS