iTablet -- HOLY HELL

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

iTablet -- HOLY HELL

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The iTablet is going to be amazing.

The cheapest version is $600 (SIX HUNDRED!) and the most expensive is upwards to $8,000 (ok bit much).

Steve Jobbs (as always, pretending he is "Q" from James Bond) discusses it here:

Q

A very small peak at apple's promises with the iTablet

[Edited on 8/1/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

iTablet -- HOLY HELL

Post by steyn »

looks awesome, looks really awesome, but I still won't buy something like that.
Not because the whole mac thing, but because I'll have no use for it. It looks basically like a bigger version of an iPhone, without the phone feature. I can't exactly work on it, because it's not built for power. And it looks a bit uncomfortable to play games on. Can you even play large games on it?

Looks like they are right, the best feature is the movie playing, but why play a movie on such a small screen when you can play it on your much larger tv? And don't give me that better quality reason, because I'd rather watch something on a big screen than on a small screen, even if the quality is just normal tv.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

iTablet -- HOLY HELL

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Portable.

I'm told it's like a giant iPod Touch, but the keyboard is what i'm most excited about. Flat screen but it recognizes being opened and thus the keys lift probably millimeters off the thing so you can type, and then when you close it they go back down.

Technology is just so cool.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

iTablet -- HOLY HELL

Post by steyn »

Portable? if you wanted a portable movie player, there are probably much cheaper options. but what's this about the keys on teh screen lifting? it's a flat screen, how can it lift? Did I miss something in the clips?
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

iTablet -- HOLY HELL

Post by BAMFCentralII »

Much like the ipod the keys just kinda appear when you like on a control that needs input.

The games that actually work on the ipad do so nicely, The only ones i've had trouble with are the ones you have to tilt. But the simple point and click games are nice.

I actually have it as a portable portfolio to showcase my photography.