Shutter Island (2009 Film Adaption)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Okay, so I've known about this for a while actually, but it's only until recently that I've started seeing info on it.

One of my favorite novels of all time, Dennis Lehane's "Shutter Island" is now a film by Martin Scorsese, coming out this October/November.

The film is going to star some of my favorites in some of my favorite roles:

Leonardo DiCaprio
Mark Ruffalo
Ben Kingsley
Emily Mortimer
John Caroll Lynch
Ted Levine

If you've read the book, try not to post spoilers about the film to anyone, it's got some great twists in it and is absolutely worth the wait (assuming they don't muck it up).

That said, if you do post a spoiler, clearly mark it and warn it before you do!

Make sure if you put the wikipedia link down, check it for spoilers, 'cuz it's loaded with 'em (which is why I don't have it in here, but I can't stop you.)

:D

[Edited on 10/4/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So it took a long time since I posted this, but here now, for your viewing pleasure, is the first trailer to the wicked awesome new Scorsese movie.

Shutter Island Martin's first venture into this film genre, and I gotta tell you, it looks fantastic.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Post by sovietxzion »

i agree! it looks rather suspenseful! love DiCaprio and ruffalo!
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."