this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Went to laser tag and was supposed to be home by 1. Called my mom to tell her I'd be late 'cause I was going to my aunt's house for pizza. Got home at 2:30, made it upstairs, was opening my bedroom door... and the dog barks... -_-
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I never had problems with my feet before but all of a sudden - feet problems. My blister finally healed and now the skin is cracking for no apparent reason.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh damn. Um...is it possible you picked up atheletes foot or something from the apartment o' grime?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

They're clean, no rashes or anything. I think I just need better shoes.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I woke up today to find the handyman taking the bathroom to bits, with, as usual, no warning from our esteemed landlord. I want a bloody shower.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Finally found out why I am covered in mosquito bites... my bathroom window was missing a piece. Like half the window. I had actually seen it and wondered "why is there a window on my balcony??" I put it back (which was easy, who knows why the previous tenants didn't do it!) and then put duct tape all around it...

... I just had another mosquito flying around my head. NOOOOOOOOO.

The mosquitos here are horrible. They don't make any noise, they are smaller, smarter, and faster than Canadian mosquitos. And the bites are AWFUL. They swell up huge and ooze pus. Way itchier. Got some cream from the pharmacy and the swelling is going down but they are still ITCHY. What is this shit?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Ooooh damn. Those are like the Louisiana mosquitos!! I had half my face swell up from one bite! Bastards.

Do you have chiggers there too?
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

guy I, and pretty much my whole school, knew died in a car accident last night...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Ooooh damn. Those are like the Louisiana mosquitos!! I had half my face swell up from one bite! Bastards.

Do you have chiggers there too?
Aren't chiggers generally found in thick grass? Not that much of that around here.

It got me. Woke up with another bite. But the cream works great if you put it on right away, and don't wait until you've been rubbing and scratching for a few days...
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I'm so sorry to hear that tears!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh man, I'm sorry, tears. :( Something like this happened during my school time, as well, so I know what it feels like. *hugs*
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

*hugs* tears. we had at least one person die each year I was in high school... and then one after I graduated... it's tough to get through, but it makes you value your own life a bit more and realize how precious it is.

My friend who's going with me to New Orleans in two days just sent me a text telling me she's sick!!! :bawl!

[Edited on 9/16/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

thanks all. :)

His viewing's thursday, but I can't go. :( I don't get home from school in time to look all nice and get to the place. I don't think jeans, band tee, and hoodie would be great... though they'd all be black... Can't go to his funeral either because it's at 10am friday, and I'm in school.

[Edited on 9/16/2008 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

^Stuff like death makes all my problems seem paltry by comparison, but here goes.

I telecommute for my day job, which means I work from my own personal home office. Nice gig, except when the husband schedules the contractors to arrive and begin tearing apart our house today rather than on a day I had off. So today I had to put up with guys lugging sheet rock and 2 x 4's through my workspace, which my dog found very exciting, while I was on the phone with customers.

They'll be back tomorrow and the next day. I work those days, too. :(

I had a customer rather than just drop an F-bomb in the course of our conversation, go on a complete verbal Blitzkrieg- and he acted like he was completely entitled to treat me that way. He likely thinks I'm the rude one for shouting, "I'm hanging up. Have a nice day!" over his tirade before hanging up on him.

Then my kids decided rather than tackle homework right after they got home from school according to house rules, they spent an hour and a half goofing around. My on most days wonderful husband didn't bother to enforce the homework rule at all. Five minutes we were supposed to start dance classes for the day, I found out the kids hadn't even attempted any homework, so I had to be the meanie and make them do it. This put me enough behind schedule that I had to skip visiting the comic book store today.

For many of my students, today was their last lesson before competition this weekend. My daughter decided to be a grouch while working on technique, and one of my other students completely forgot one of her steps.

I still haven't begun packing for our road trip this weekend.

And did I mention I had a nightmare about being attacked by mutant flesh-eating fire ants, and woke up to discover I'm coming down with a sinus infection?

Suffice to say, I am a little stressed.

[Edited on 18/9/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I couldn't imagine doing that job, Ange. ><

Have a US HIstory and Chemistry paper due tomorrow and two quizzes (US History and English) that I need to study for, and it's kinda hard to focus when my mother is vacuuming the room.

Also tomorrow, I have to come home just to go straight back to school. I have to work at the tailgate and be at the football game. -_-
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I don't know how to tell guys up front "NO I DONT LIKE YOU!" and apparently being just friendly is flirty... so I'm not good at subtlety either... *facepalm*

[Edited on 9/19/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Aye, don't you be worryin' your head Esy, it's not ye, it's us scurvy pirate men. Any attention at all means flirtin' for us. Sayin' "Hello" means "I want your booty". "Go away" means "Call me later before you set sail." And a kick in the treasure chest means "I like it kinky."
Yarr! :D

[Edited on 19/9/2008 by steyn]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

LMAO!! steyn, how I love you. that's making up for my feeling sorry for myself mood.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

the sixth floor is quaking.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I forgot my school ID today, so I couldn't do anything. Like, I couldn't buy lunch or whatever. Plus, we were on a lockdown all day and security was all ugh, so I was kinda freaking out about them asking for my ID...
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

On Friday, during our Sun Bear project at the Miller Zoo in Bloomington Illinois, I "took point" for "Team Butt Polyp".

One of the techs noticed a polyp sticking out of the bear's butt at the beginning of the proceedure. So while the veterinary dentists were working on the front of the bear, two of the other vets removed it. Before they did it, my professor handed me a pair of gloves and said "Someone has to clear out that bear's rectum".

So I did as I was asked.

Afterwards he laughed and said "Aren't students great? They never complain." Apparently I was supposed to hand the gloves off to one of the technicians.

It's okay though. I got ... uh... a valuable clinical experience.

-e
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

What is the point of reenrollment? All they did was take one form, refuse to taje my very important student finance notification letter as the loan company hadn't sent me a second copy and give me a note about graduation. Done. They could have least of set something else up for us to do...

And my loan hasn't come in. It'd be nice if it did as I owe my landlord rent.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This happened to me today:

:gum

WTF huh?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I was up all night with my daughter and her asthma, and don't know if I'll have to take her into the hosptial today again. >< And I hurt like crazy. So wish us well today :).
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I dropped my nuts down the stairs so that meant I had to go ALL the way back up to get more. :(