this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Angelique »

Hugs and more hugs!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Having a hard time graduating on time.

Doesn't help that my advisor is an emotional wreck because her associate/friend/fellow teacher died. Professor Cook died in a terrible car accident and now dozens upon dozens of students are stranded if they had her an advisor. And other teachers are taking it very hard and students like myself are finding it hard to get through to them.

It's an awkward situation. How do you say "I'm sorry your friend and a wonderful teacher who I never had, died. But I really need to graduate on time so please take a meeting with me?"

I guess like that, huh? :/

Also, Clare...

My computer isn't working right now but if you need anything don't hesitate to e-mail or u2u me please. I am very sorry for your loss and I want to make sure you're doing alright.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Nobody in my family died, but I expect some major family drama to unfold.

I helped my parents right a pretty terrible wrong today. I expect to take flack from another relative who'd been engaging in certain very dangerous, unethical, and possibly illegal activities and taking advantage of innocent people like my parents. And you know what? I'm strangely okay with the fact that this scum bucket might figure out what we did and how I was involved and get mad at me. I even told my parents to say it was all my idea, just so they wouldn't have to take the heat.

Yep. Messing with me is one thing. Messing with my kids brings out my inner Mama Grizzly. And messing with my parents... hoo boy! Nobody goes there.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Computer's not working right, on a crappy old Mac that I'm now glad I saved.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Friday - Had a D'Angelo Hamburger sandwich, (way too salty), Coughed all night, didn't fall asleep til 4 am.

Saturday - Coughed on and off, felt better. Ate a hot dog and a half went to work. 3PM coughed so hard I had fluid spilling out of my mouth. I freaked out.

Sat. 3:15 - took digoxin, left work

Sat. 5pm - Cough turned bloody

Sat. 7:30 pm - still bloody, getting worse.

9:30 pm - Coming out of my nose.

Midnight - blew my nose, had a Rorschach test in my napkin. Freaked out, went to hospital!

1am - Parents took me to RI Hospital

2am - Was told to take a CAT-scan/x-ray... sometime between 2:30 and 3 that happened...

3 AM - still coughing blood, no solutions...

4 AM - got told doctors were going to consult

6 AM - Doctors decided to admit me, I told them to talk to my cardiologist.

8 AM - Dr. Rompf (cardiologist) came in and told them to send me to BCH

9 AM - Took an ambulance ride to Boston. Super uncomfortable.

11 AM - Got Admitted to BCH (blood/coughing went down)

What's coming up?
Sitting around today, chilling out, got a couple ECHOgrams, going in tomorrow for a cath at 3/4PM. They're gonna "wrap" some coils around these "collaterals" - y'know, overgrown blood vessels that leak blood into my lungs?

Apparently it's all expected of Fontan cardiac patients.

So... THAT'S MY WEEK!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Well, that's fairly awful. :( I hope everything goes well tomorrow and no more surprise carnage balls are hocked up.

*hugs*

A dancing :banana makes everything a little better?
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

*hugs tightly*

Man, that's a load of suck. Hope everything goes well, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Thanks guys! The real sucky part? They're going in through the artery near my groin.

NO SEX FOR TWO WEEKS!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

lol oh dear! *patpats* But pretty sure coughing up blood is a bit of a turnoff anyway ¬.¬
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

All the more reason to get better quick!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Procedure is bumped up to noon. Dr. Lang says I can expect to not go in at noon though as cath labs run on priority patients first. He said I could go in earlier or later. Probably not noon.

;/

#UncertaintyIsScary

I have to make sure I get to talk to Jess before I go in...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Hope everything went okay for ya, dude.

Mine is certainly less assy than heart problems, but still frustrating as all hell.

The asshole who stole and trashed our car last year? He pleaded guilty, as the prosecuting attorney told us he would, but the court wouldn't accept it! They've subpoenaed all the cops involved in the investigation again and it's set for jury trial May 12.

What the fuck!? Unless we slipped into an alternate universe, he definitely stole our fucking car! He's goddamn guilty! It's been over a year! And so far I haven't been able to get in touch with anybody in the prosecutor's office to find out what went wrong.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm still here!

.... I felt better going in -______-
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

*hugs* So glad to hear that. You've had us all a little worried there. :)
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Got rear ended at a stop light today -.- no injury, just damage to the car. Now I have to deal with insurance agencies (on their time obviously not mine)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

One of Scott's coworkers was murdered today. She had three young kids.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

That may be the most terrible thing I've ever heard. Actually, even typing that seems like an inadequate way to express how I feel hearing news like that. I'm not even going to try for something better because sometimes, words just aren't enough.

I'm so sorry.
~e.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Slarti wrote:One of Scott's coworkers was murdered today. She had three young kids.
What the-... that's awful. What's the situation with the kids presently? Was there a dad/other mom?
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

So I got woken up by my cats screaming. Fi-cat has decided, out of the blue, that she doesn't want Daxter in her space any more and went for him. Not warning off, not batting at, fully went for him enough that he pissed everywhere and she's ruined one of his back claws. We've got them separated now and we'll be trying to reintroduce them over the next couple of days, but the few times she's got sight of him haven't been promising and she slashed up my arms to get to him...which for Fi, is rare as fuck because she is a very careful cat and will not hurt me if I'm wearing gloves.

I don't want to have to rehome my Fi-cat. She's my therapy cat.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Double post. It's gone from 'might have to' to 'going to have to'.

She's not calming down. We've done everything, she's even in a room surrounded by his scent and sleeping in his normal spot and everything and she's not calming down. We can't keep them separate, we don't have the space/ability to - she's escaped twice and shot straight for him and my arms - and Pup's - are slashed up from trying to keep them apart. Daxter's spending the entire time pressed into a corner hissing at anything that comes near him, and considering he's a nervous cat anyway this is stressing him out beyond reason.

Fi-cat's my therapy cat and this is breaking my heart.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Warning: Rant incoming.

So today I was in a good mood. Despite the depression cycle I'm in at the moment and all the fatigue that comes with it, I was in a good mood. I woke up with some energy so I decided to get some things done. Not massive things but things that needed to be done and things I haven't been able to for days because of the fatigue.

I cleaned out all the empty shampoo/shower gel bottles from the bathroom and put them in the recycling. I did laundry. I put a few things from the moving boxes away. I made soup - from scratch which I had for lunch with my partner. I cleaned the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher.

I felt all accomplished and stuff and it was awesome but I was ready for a nap by 5pm. Which I didn't take because I knew my partner would be home soon and there was a box due.

About the box: We order semi-regularly boxes online that come with food. There are three meals in the box that you prepare and cook yourselves along the guidelines of the recipe cards. They're actually a lot of fun and they come out pretty well. We've been getting better at it with practise so we burn less stuff now.

So he comes home with this box and unpacks the perishables to put them in the fridge then asks me which of the three meals I want for dinner. I have no idea. I can't even remember what's in the box that we ordered last week. He reads the menu titles. I still can't decide so I ask which is simpler - he takes this to mean 'read how long they take' which is no help at all so I ask how many ingedients are in each one and then we decide to leave the decision making part for an hour because we're not really hungry at the moment anyway.

Hungry o'clock rolls around and he asks me again what I want. I... can't remember what's in the box. So I tell him I don't know and that I'm cranky because a game I play is being stupid (I have a short fuse when fatigued, I'm sure everyone does). I'm about to tell him he can pick (Because earlier in the week I was asked this question and actually made a decision - which is really hard when you have depression - and still didn't get what I wanted) when he picks up his keys and leaves the house.

So now I'm like wtf. He's driven off somewhere because I what? Pissed him off with my inability to decide on a hypothetical dinner? There is nothing new here and look at all the stuff I did today!

I decide to take a nap because by then I'm pretty hungry and I don't know how long he's going to be off sulking for so I need the distraction from my stomach. I set multiple alarms so I don't miss him coming home so we can eat.

Three hours later, I can hardly get up because it's now 10:30pm and I haven't eaten since lunch at 1:30pm and all I had was the afore mentioned soup. I still can't have dinner however because he's still not home.

I call him. Ask where he is 'I'm out'. Awesome. I try not to get pissed off. I ask him if he's coming home soon 'Maybe'. Great. I ask if he's eaten 'I've had dinner'. FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC FOR YOU ASSHOLE.

So I'm sat at home. Alone. For three hours. Wondering when I'm going to have dinner. And he's fucking eaten and hasn't thought to maybe call me and let me know he's even ALIVE in the storm that's going on outside.

How is this going to improve my fucking mood? Anyone? In what book of logic does leaving your depressed partner to feel like SHIT for three hours because they pissed you off for some unknown reason make any sort of sense?

So now I have to eat... nothing. Because there's like nothing in the house other than what we got in the box. Alone. While he comes home with a full stomach and goes straight to bed without so much as a 'hello' or an 'I'm sorry'. A fucking apology would be nice. I've been sat here worrying and starving for three hours you shithead.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My husband and kids are having the time of their lives at Salt Lake Fan XPerience. I had opted to skip it this year because I couldn't afford a table and attending conventions as just a fan hasn't been as fun since crowding indordinantly stresses me out. Just when I thought I might be able to knuckle down, put up with the crowds, and go anyway, I came down with the flu. Yesterday, before the family headed out the door, I discovered I was well on the mend. It wasn't yet too late for me to grab my things and go. Then I got a message.

A dear friend of mine would have also been going to the convention if it wasn't for the fact that she's 30 weeks or so into a very high risk pregnancy. The baby has Trisomy 18, and his long term prognosis is pretty grim.

Well, my friend reported that labor's started. it's been slow and irregular so far, but I'm standing by for word if her contractions pick up and I should get my butt over to the hospital.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Update on my friend and her baby. They were able to stop labor for another couple weeks to give her a bit more time and give the baby a somewhat better shot.

A couple of days ago she went back into labor. After about fourteen hours, her little guy was born... silent. He opened his eyes and tried to breathe, but the effort proved too much. He passed away Tuesday morning. We're taking consolation in the fact that the little guy didn't suffer, but in fact seemed content, and that his mother got to hold him.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Friday morning I had to call an ambulance for my mother, as she displayed many symptoms of a stroke, including weakness in one side of her body, strong vertigo, slurred speech, and concentration and memory problems. After seven hours of waiting and tests she was put on her room, and I had to leave later that night without anyone ever telling me more about her condition.

The next day I learned the personnel had lost her file, and had not given her any of her medication because they lacked the list and my mother was in no condition to tell them. Her roommate told us she had repeatedly tried to wander off on her own, confused and delusional, frequently getting lost or falling over - fortunately without causing herself serious injury.

Yesterday she was almost unable to maintain a comprehensible conversation with me. One of the nurses finally told me they suspect she might have suffered a brain stem stroke.

Today I finally got a talk to a doctor, and he informed me that they had been unable to find any organic causes for her condition, ruling out any kind of stroke. Instead she appears to be suffering from an acute psychosis, and that they were unable to treat her for that, and also could no longer legally require her to stay without having her admitted to the closed psychiatric ward against her will.

After some discussion, we all agreed the best course of action would be to take her home for now and decide with our local physician on the best course of treatment - which might still include forced institutionalization if we can't ensure her personal safety.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Star, I'm teribly sorry for this. It is some true assery going on there. Very stressful.

I hope you are able to get the right course of action plotted out with your local physician but don't be afraid to consult multiple sources when you are in doubt.
Stay off the web M.D. pages and stuff like that, do what you can to make her comfortable now. You're a good son and you're a wonderful person.
We all love you and I can probably safely say that you have support from each and every one of us.

Best of luck, my friend.