this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Svartfreja »

And now my aunt is in hospital with a stroke. This year just needs to end.

Also my internet's wireless seems to be buggered.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Guilted into taking a vacation with sis to a place i dislike going to. Had ro pay for it as well. The economy seat was too small for me. I am nearly 2 m tall. They make economy seats for average man. Average man is just 1,7m. I also forgot the hotel needs a deposit for the time we stay there. Now i am o ln vacation in a place i do not like with a tenth of my spending money.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

And lets just top it off by stating once again this world is made by small people for small people. I cant buy cheap clothing because i am too big or too tall. Even the guy at levi's said that he doubts i would find anything that would fit me. And i cant even buy gadgets or tech for myself because the south african rand had dropped so much thanks to our shit economy, that i can now buy overpriced technology at home for about the same i would pay for the cheaper version here. Fuck you hong kong. Fuck you south africa. I hate going places for holiday. I hate spending so much money just to go to a place where i dont understand the people and the only edible thing is mcdonalds.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Hong kong sony is all out of playstation 4's. Not going to go pay twice as much at some reseller. Plus rand is still crap.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm still offering that bedroom in the apartment, a guaranteed job in Rhode Island within a month, and with that probably a PS4 within 2 months of the job. Just need to get that Visa buddy, I'm here waiting! But not for much longer, gonna get married between 2015-2016! 0_o
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

2nd time in 2014 I'm sick...

#fml
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Get better soon, B-man. As for me, this round of cortizone shots is going much better, but I'm still laid up from the side-effects.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ange, my friend/roommate does injections for Chrones Disease. It's brutal to watch, can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Good luck, get better.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Thanks. With enough ibuprofen, I should be back at work tomorrow. It wasn't the shot so much as how deep I've had to be injected (right between the bones of the SI joint) that was the most nightmarish. I wasn't even sedated the first time. and the local anesthetic didn't work. This time, they doped me up a lot better, but I still seriously hope this will be my last go-round.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

6:15am. Some asshole throws HALF A FUCKING BRICK through my bedroom window. FML.

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Update now that I've cleared up most of the glass. This is The Brick. Currently waiting for a man to come and cover up the fucking hole in the window and freezing my ass off because it's windy and raining outside and it's only 4C. I am very suseptible to the cold so I'm typing this with no feeling in my hands and looking at my blue fingers.

All I wanted to do was finish a fic and go to sleep but I'll be lucky if I get to do either of those things now -_- Took me two and a quarter hours to clean up all the glass I could clean up, there was glass dust all over my bed and pillows too so I vacuumed up that but I'll be thinking about it being there for some time to come.

I have no idea who threw it or why they threw it because I do nothing to anyone and keep to myself. I do not deserve this crap. I would like very much for the universe to stop shitting on me now.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

If you're still worried about glass on your bed, perhaps wash your linens and flip your matress over.

Wish I could offer more help than a virtual long distance hug.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a washing machine or a dryer so washing my sheets will take about a week as I can only dry one thing at a time :(

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Fun fact: did you know lack of testosterone causes aggressiveness and related personality issues?

I didn't. I knew after not having a testosterone shot for a few weeks I was going to be a little grumpy, but the moodswings were abysmal. I was coping relatively well - if being exhausted by it - right up until some asshole decided they wanted to air my dirty laundry for me and destroy any trust I have in my friends. A few days later, another asshole decided to be incredibly underhanded and stab me in the back while shaking my hand after finding out I'm trans by trying to force both me and my girl out of a community/safe place we'd helped create.

Ordinarily, this would make me a little pissed, a little hurt, and then I'd move on. Unfortunately, as some know, I have a history of some pretty nasty anger issues.

Guess what's decided to resurface?

As a result, I'm on more meds and they're trying to work on getting me back on testosterone shots as soon as possible, as well as the possibility of yet more counselling. Oh, yay, more shrinks. Woo for being an overly aggressive, angry, sensitive dick too.

*headdesks*
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So it's very fucking possible Scott and I may both be fucking losing our fucking jobs at the same fucking time.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

That totally fucking sucks Slarti. :(
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Slarti,

... that's totally fucking awful. I extend an invite to Rhody. I can safely say it's easier to get jobs here. Not the best ones, but some jobs.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

So on monday my car started giving me troubles, when I got home I realized it was broken. No biggie, the garage said it's a small fix if it's jsut the one thing that's broken. Turns out it wasn't the one thing. It was only the tip of the iceberg. Have to replace the radiator. Kept putting that off for over a year, and now I came ot bite me in the ass.

So insteado f payiing around 500 bucks, (ZAR), it shot up to 12 grand, and not having the car for the whole of March because the parts needs to be shipped from Japan. This is what I get for driving a Subaru.

Still love this car though, never broke down like this in over a decade since I had it.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm at work... and it sucks.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

My grandad has had a major stroke today and is in hospital for the forseeable future :(

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Clare, I am so sorry. My grandfather had a couple of strokes before he passed and it was very difficult for my family watch him go through that.

If there's anything you need or if you find you need to talk to someone, I'm always on ichat/available via u2u/e-mail. All my thoughts for a recovery are being sent across the pond to you.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Welp, the cortizone shots didn't work. The doctor and I decided to just kill the pain by going in and killing the nerves that have done nothing but scream at me for the past fifteen months or so. This of course meant multiple needles going deep into my back, finding the right nerves, and then burning them right where they leave the spinal column. Because I needed to be able to feel what they were doing to ensure we wouldn't accidentally kill something more important like a motor nerve, I was awake and didn't get any effective anesthesia until they were about halfway through.

The plus side is that today, while I'm still sore around the incision cites, I'm already feeling better than I have in a long time.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Trip to St. Louis to the haunt show was supposed to be fun and for the most part it was ... mostly. Except for the major fight or whatever it was spouse and I had that caused nothing but lingering tension that's still lingering and then my dad gets rushed to the hospital with a possible heart attack while we're still out of town four hours away. Got back into town late last night.

And then today they rushed my dad into an 'exploratory procedure.'
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Sorry to hear that slarts :(

More bad news on my front too. Grandad took a turn for the worse and my mum's gone down there to stay with them so it's very much wait and see at the moment :(

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Update: My grandad died today :( this last 6months or so has sucked bigtime