this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Really, really, really depressed. Seems all I get are closing doors.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I've been feeling a bit like every time I'm firmly on my feet, someone pulls the rug out from under me.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:bawl I don't know what to do! We know he's lying and no one else believes us! They're just validating his sickness and allowing him to continue, and St. Patrick's day is in TWO DAYS!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:St. Patrick's day is in TWO DAYS!
Don't remind me. I'm now forced to live the next day or so on ginger ale and crackers, and I've had to cancel an event. Why is that so horrible? I run an Irish dance school.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Everyone around me is sick and I just want to live in a lysol bubble. I don't want to get sick right before our vacation!

Also, the whole MU/KU (University of Missouri and University of Kansas) basketball rivalry makes me wanna smack people. The boss wrote a whole column about how much he hates KU, and has ranted about it all week and I just want to tell him to shut the fuck up. It's just a game!

I shared this gripe with Trenton and told him a story about how when we were in Lawrence, Kan. for a completely unrelated concert on the day there was an MU/KU game, we had our car attacked and were insulted because we had Missouri plates. He agreed that was carrying it too far and that people took sports too seriously sometimes, but when I said I think people who take it too far project their other personal issues onto sports I got a smartass response about me doing that with animals. I wanted to clock him. This is just because I don't boot punt Typo every time I see him, think the trap-neuter-release program in this shitty town is a good idea and didn't want to kill that kitten that got caught in the graphic designer's truck engine with a brick a few years ago. He can go fuck himself with that brick.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Found this picture, hope it eases everyones frustrations with its totaled amount of win... It helped me.

It's just that awesome.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Fuck my life.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Today is the one year anniversary of my stepmom's death. wanna curl up under the covers and not come out until tomorrow now, kthnxbai.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

and didn't want to kill that kitten that got caught in the graphic designer's truck engine with a brick a few years ago
I remember that night. ><
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

It seems that my precious little cat has made it thru the winter, but the last test they ran said her kidneys were getting pretty bad so she's not going to last much longer. She got sick last weekend and I almost put her down, but she perked up and started eating and feeling better, so I put it off. Don't know if it was the right decision, but it's the one I made.
Today she's eating and drinking and purring and sleeping.....which is really all cats do anyway. Now I'm taking it day by day. I won't let her suffer but I'm going to be a basket case when she goes. (I think however, I'm already headed in that direction because I can't help thinking she may not be here next week and so I can't sleep and I'm walking around like a zombie.)

They really get into our hearts, don't they?
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Scummy would like the world to stop pissing on his parade, kthx. You've taken most of my shit away so far this year, and now you're starting to go for the things that really hurt.

On top of that, I got another letter from the court. Screw doing what they told me they were gonna do and suspend my taxes for 28 days while I tried to get the benefits to sort out my claim. Oh no. I got a letter dated on the 12th saying to pay the full £1,000 in seven days (which ends tomorrow) or I either get a nice visit from the bailiffs next week and/or end up in prison.

I got the letter today.

Tomorrow I'm phoning up.

I may be in a mental ward by Monday because this is getting too much. Way too much.

JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

My computer does not have an operating system anymore -.- this shit pisses me off
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:It seems that my precious little cat has made it thru the winter, but the last test they ran said her kidneys were getting pretty bad so she's not going to last much longer. She got sick last weekend and I almost put her down, but she perked up and started eating and feeling better, so I put it off. Don't know if it was the right decision, but it's the one I made.
Today she's eating and drinking and purring and sleeping.....which is really all cats do anyway. Now I'm taking it day by day. I won't let her suffer but I'm going to be a basket case when she goes. (I think however, I'm already headed in that direction because I can't help thinking she may not be here next week and so I can't sleep and I'm walking around like a zombie.)

They really get into our hearts, don't they?
I'm so sorry, Jeremus. Yes, they do indeed get into our hearts.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

My kitty died.:cry
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My condolences.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Sorry to hear about it ... {{{hugs}}}
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Remember what I posted about my home state not being racist?

We've got a problem with this guy who says he's a new leader of a white supremacist group that had been previously run out of Idaho, running some brazen recruiting campaigns. However, leave it to a town with a name like Athol to produce a racist turd named Mullet. I kid you not!

I don't know if I should cry or bust a gut laughing, but I think I've just forgiven Ed Brubaker for his dim portrayal of Idaho. This is infinitely worse.

[Edited on 22/3/2010 by Angelique]

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

My rehearsal group got to see that I don't say I'm a germaphobic OCD nut just for the attention today. After claiming that she had the HIGHLY contagious Norovirus and couldn't come to rehearsal, the director decided to turn up anyway. Having had the Norovirus a couple of times, I can tell she hasn't really got it - maybe a 24hr bug, but that shit knocks even a fully fit person on their ass for at least a week. But that's not the suck.

The suck is the fact that because she turned up and then refused to leave despite being told by several of the cast that I was in the back room, freaking out completely because I'm a goddamned germaphobe that canNOT be in the same area as someone who's ill (not including colds etc). I went into a massive panic attack and had to have two people with me because otherwise I would have just become a gibbering wreck.

It took the assistant director having to give her a flaming ultimatum of 'either you leave now, or we go rehearse somewhere else because he's FREAKING in there' before she got the hint that hey! I wasn't just being difficult!

...Never mind the fact it's less then two weeks till show and coming to rehearsals with a supposed contagious illness that travels like wildfire and will knock people out of commission for - oh, over two weeks? Is just plain STUPID. Also, my immune system doesn't behave well anyway and thanks to the amount of stress recently I have none.

Try picturing a germaphobe with Norovirus for a moment. Not good, is it?

So yeah. Massive panic attack today, and on top of that, I'm now in so much pain from my jaw that nothing, and I mean nothing is working. I'm on 1200mg ibuprofen on top of 1500mg paracetomol/codine. And STILL in agony. Roll on 8am Monday when I can phone the docs - yeah, that's how bad it is, I'm actually going to the doctors willingly. Mark it up.

Nrrrrrrr. Can has good week with benefits sorted and less woe and pain, kthx?

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

So I have an almost-whole weekend of assishness of varying degrees. So Friday night we go to get our taxes done and lo and behold, we can’t! Part of this is our fault, because we’d filled out the wrong form for our business, but the larger issue is my withholding from work. The tax consultant said my W2 from work was so fucked up she had never seen anything like it, and considering we go to HR Block I’d say that’s impressive! I immediately texted Ad Chick, who’d said earlier in the day her taxes had been messed up, ending with her owing a thousand bucks. Turns out she’d encountered the same problem I had – inadequate federal tax withholdings. So she texted The Legend, who had the same problem and owed two thousand bucks! Office Girl is getting hers done tonight, so we’ll see how hers turn out. And I warned Trenton, whose wife is doing theirs. If theirs are screwed up too… yeah. We even have a theory that it’s deliberate tax fraud, which would be real fun. I’ve already emailed the boss’s wife (who does the books) with a preliminary polite ‘wtf’ notice.

By the time we leave the tax office the temperature has dropped from 55 to 30 and it’s starting to sleet. Yay. By Saturday, we’ve got blizzard conditions. Again. Yay. First our Internet goes, then our power, and we get to spend the night with my mom and the Italian Boyfriend. That, actually, wasn’t complete ass, since we had fun eating cake and ice cream and telling ghost stories, but even though she had electricity, she has no Internet. So, sorry about the game there, guys! Also, the door to my car’s gas tank was frozen shut, so we couldn’t escape. We ended up getting six inches of snow. Wet, heavy snow that’s taken down half of one of the trees in the back yard. Yay.

Have I mentioned we’ve had record snowfall this winter in Missouri? Yay.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

This is only a tiny ass (unlike mine, haha), but have been looking fwd for WEEKS to one of the grandgirls coming for Spring Break, but her dad didn't feel well and didn't go to work today, so she stayed home with him.

On the Astounding side, Lord willing I'll have her with me the rest of the weekdays.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Thanks, guys.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:My kitty died.:cry
I'm so sorry, Jeremus.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I hate chemistry homework. What we're doing is so easy, but we have a ridiculous amount of work for it. ><
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

So I have an almost-whole weekend of assishness of varying degrees. So Friday night we go to get our taxes done and lo and behold, we can’t! Part of this is our fault, because we’d filled out the wrong form for our business, but the larger issue is my withholding from work. The tax consultant said my W2 from work was so fucked up she had never seen anything like it, and considering we go to HR Block I’d say that’s impressive! I immediately texted Ad Chick, who’d said earlier in the day her taxes had been messed up, ending with her owing a thousand bucks. Turns out she’d encountered the same problem I had – inadequate federal tax withholdings. So she texted The Legend, who had the same problem and owed two thousand bucks! Office Girl is getting hers done tonight, so we’ll see how hers turn out. And I warned Trenton, whose wife is doing theirs. If theirs are screwed up too… yeah. We even have a theory that it’s deliberate tax fraud, which would be real fun. I’ve already emailed the boss’s wife (who does the books) with a preliminary polite ‘wtf’ notice.
That *does* suck ><

*takes off my accounting hat, puts it back up on the shelf and stares at it wistfully*
:hepz :kitty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Make CERTAIN that the the proper amount of Medicare and Social Security taxes were withheld! If those haven't been paid, then it could definately be tax evasion since your employer has to pay part of those taxes for their employees in addtion to what the employees themselves have to pay.
Yeah, that's exactly the part we're wondering about. Ad Chick has a theory that they're misrepresenting how much they're paying us by undertaxing, so they don't have to contribute as much for Social Security and Medicare.

Actually, even with my jacked-up withholding we're going to come out okay, because Scott had additional withheld, and because this is the first year of our business and those related write-offs and such.

Of course, I got a response from the boss's wife that she did everything right and we were warned the withholding would be lower because of the stimulus package. Yeah, not THAT low, lady.