this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, we're making pop can birds in 3D art. The worst part is cutting all the cans 'cause they're usually all gross, sticky, and you're likely to cut yourself on them (which I've already done 3 times). I could've finished cutting all my cans (about 6 left), but instead of actually working we had to waste time watching a boring documentary on Mt Rushmore.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Rant rant rant rant. Rant.

Raaaaaaaaaage.

Rant.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I got about a weeks worth of work for catching up in these classes.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Thanks to the...less than perfect layout of my former boss and lady-who-screwed-me-out-of-my-shop-but-still-has-me-work-in-it's shop, I wasn't able to see when a woman came in, picked up a £45 corset and £20 skirt and WALKED OUT WITH THEM.

By less-than-perfect, I mean that the till is at right-angles to the entrance - which is fine - but there's a LOVELY big rack of hangers and a WONDERFUL display cabinat blocking off the view of most of the shop. If there's one or two people in, I can keep an eye on it so long as I stand up and crane. When six people are in my shop, I have no fucking chance.

Pissartists.

sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Post by sovietxzion »

I was on the subway and two guys started beating up this latino and everyone just did nothing and watched and you wanna know why? just because he asked two black girls if they could move their bags for him to sit down, they said no so he moved the bags for them and said sorry, then those two big scary black guys came over and held him down and started hitting him and the girls cheered them on! i mean WTF? and even more, i guess they had to show how big and macho they were, claiming that he was being racist because he moved their bags! wtf?

They ran off when the cops showed up though, chickenshit idiots and i went with him to the hospital. Good thing, there's no damage done and he'll be okay in a week or two, just some bruises, cuts and a black eye.

I hate society sometimes!
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Damn. Well good for you for going with him, mikey. :)
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I got to spend about three hours in the hospital today. It's not so much that I minded going with Matt, his mom, and son to the hospital since his son really did need to go (probably has strep). It's that I could live without dealing with Matt's ex, considering that I just want to have her face meet the floor everytime I hear the sound of her voice. ><
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Okay. Need to vent. I don’t smoke, but I have today. Why? This day tastes like ass! The whole weekend, in fact. We were doing a special section for the paper, which is always a pain, but this year is an extra pain since ad revenues are down with the recession, tensions are high… yadda, yadda.

We ended up pushing the deadline on this thing to have more time to work on it, but in this extra week… I don’t even know what the advertising person was doing. Well, no, I do know. She’s doing the job of the press guy who quit last month, on top of her own job. And don’t get me wrong, I love her to death, but she has more personal problems than any one person should ever have, and 55,000 responsibilities at work. So I get that she had a hard time getting her shit together for this section. However, since she was late getting stuff to the graphic design guy (who is new and still doesn’t know what he’s doing either), he couldn’t get the ads done, which means I couldn’t get the section laid out.

Also, advertisers were dropping like flies over the weekend as they couldn’t get their shit together to give to the ad person for her to give to the graphic designer, even though they’d all had a week longer to get said shit together. I scrambled to find things to shove in all these new leaky holes, even sitting up at home and BSing a summary article based on stories I had previously written mixed in with a few new and exciting (dripping sarcasm) financial numbers from the county government. Then when I saved the file, it promptly turned into Microsoft Word salad and I literally burst into tears. Luckily, my husband was able to save the file.

Oh, and by the way, we didn’t even need that file after all! This morning, the boss comes in and promptly blows a fuse, although I must say he’s been shockingly nice to me about it – lucky for him, since I might just quit if he looks cross-eyed at me today – and cuts eight pages out of the section to make up for all the ads lost over the weekend (which by the way I had suggested Saturday, but oooooh, no, the ad chick didn't want to do that...). Oh, and have I mentioned the graphics guy was working until after 10 p.m. Sunday night and still didn’t get all the ads done? They’re still not all done as I write this. The good news is, I don’t have to go find more filler content; the bad news is that I didn’t need to spend so much time Saturday angsting over finding said filler content. Also bad news is I have to redo THE WHOLE THING.

Motherfucker! I need a drink on top of that cigarette. -_-

WANT!

[Edited on 8-3-2010 by Slarti]
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

wirring in my car is fucked -.- so one more fucking thing to fix...... FML
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I pulled a muscle or nerve or something in my shoulder when I woke up today, and the ibuprofen did nothing for the pain.

And yeah, car wiring also sucks 'cause it means I have to start driving again, or we have to be wherever before it's dark. No dash or tail lights, FTL.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Dad in hospital tomorrow for the 24hr heart tracer to find out what's wrong with him.

Foster uncle in hospital tomorrow after having a suspected stroke today.

:(

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

My best friend in the whole wide world has some sort of GROWTH on his frikkin' EYE and he isn't sure he and his family will be able to cover the money for the meds he needs. He has to wear an eye patch and will probably have lasting obvious scarring on his eye.

My unemployed uncle was recently diagnosed with BRAIN CANCER. They got the biggest tumors out, but he won't be able to have radiation therapy until next week. He was supposed to have it three weeks ago.

My grandpa just had some kind of SKIN CANCER removed from his cheek.

My youth leader's father just DIED.

My aunt is moving to Boston and she was able to sell her house, but the new owner wants her moved out TWO MONTHS before the end of her teaching job.

My grandparents haven't been able to sell their old house and so are renting it out and paying TWO MORTGAGES without any real stable income.

Money is short all around and life is being stupid to my friends and family.

I don't have any new books to read.

And I'm broke and can no longer buy any more comics to take me away from my misery.

....sigh....
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

DEF, I wish I could help you with everything else, but as for the last complaint- read more fanfic. It's free.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't mind needles. It's the shots themselves. And I have one more round to go of the hep shots.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

had a nightmare last night (yes i'm just now posting this... had a busy day. LOL). and since my dreams are extremely EXTREMELY vivid and detailed always and without fail... my nightmares are just the same... -_-

extra ass: didn't even get to finish the nightmare to see if it ended up ok in the end... my grandmother woke me up -_- buuuuuut she's gone back home now, so that shouldn't happen again... unless of course my daughter does it... >< but she wakes me up from the best dreams most of the time. LOL.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Getting bitched at by the rents cuz i've filled out over 200 applications and no one will hire me, but yet everyday some other dumbfuck tells them EVERYFUCKINGWHERE is hiring. IF THEY WERE FUCKING HIRING I'D HAVE A JOB BY NOW....... Fucking hate my parents -.-
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Feeling a bit backstabbed by a client's family, and there's not a dang thing I can do about it.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

One of my daughter's classmates was killed in a car accident Monday evening. Things like that shouldn't happen.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Your daughter's in my prayers.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

6.15am...birds are singing, sun's coming up and...and I haven't slept yet. Nrg.

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

fucking nieghbour still hasn't paid what he owes the building owner's society...€4800 now >.<
And I'm still a mess, cutting all over the place. On heavy meds again, yay! And eating like a horse again...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:Your daughter's in my prayers.
Thank you, Angelique.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm so sorry, Neling. That's very sad. I hope your daughter is doing okay.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, that is truly sad, and unfair. I hope your daughter finds a way to handle the death and remember her friend. I've seen this situation first hand and it truly is just unfair.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thank you everyone. They were not close friends, but my daughter did know her, and was deeply affected by the death of a classmate. It is the girl's family, especially the mother, who will suffer the most. She was driving when the accident occurred, and, the last I heard, was still in critical condition at the hospital. I don't know if she even knows yet.

The person who caused the accident is already out of the hospital. I hope, at the very least, that he is never allowed to drive again.

[Edited on 12/3/10 by neling4]