this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

large parts of the population having no good medical insurance sucks:(
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

That's just the thing, however. I have pretty good health insurance. It's just that they're giving me one story and the hospital is giving me another. Not to mention the hospital's financial department screwed up a couple of other things, leaving me with only a few hours to sort it all out before they start the anesthesia.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

House sitting for future house mates and one of their cats just shat in the bath -_-
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Had a busy, busy weekend that was mostly full of astounding, except for last night...

Tried to take my mother out for her birthday, and after waiting 45 minutes to be seated at the restaurant, and just as we were about to finally order, she had an epic potty emergency. After dodging the dancing waiters to find the bathroom, she had to wait in line... and it was too late. Did I mention this was an epic potty emergency? The kind they need to call in Mike Rowe to clean up?

Needless to say, she got a stall pretty damn fast after that, and I went back to the table to tell Scott to not order because we might need to leave. Unfortunately, her companion The Italian Boyfriend (tm) starts to get up to go 'help.' I told him to sit down and he did, but 15 minutes later while I'm in the bathroom hovering like an idiot waiting to see how bad the damage is, he tries to come into the women's restroom.

I threw him out, but not before he managed to scare the crap out of (thankfully not literally, unlike my mother) a couple of women in there already. He tried to do this twice. The second time I got more forceful with him and he acted like he wanted to fight with me about it.

:doh!

So by now my mother has emerged from the stall and announced we're going home. We get out the door and IBF keeps harping that we need a blanket to put down on the car seat for her. Scott and I both tell him we don't have one, it'll be fine, just get in the car. He then offers to take off his shirt for her to sit on and starts to do so. Have I mentioned he's in his 80s? Scott just about popped a vein. My mother finally snaps out of it enough to tell him to stop it, shut up, and get in the car.

Needless to say, there was many an awkward turtle on the way home. -_-
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

oh jesus Slarti! I'm so sorry.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The moral of that story might be, "Let the sick, disabled, and elderly ahead of you in the restroom line."
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Saturday, I spent the night at my aunt's, where I only got three hours of sleep. :bawl Boyfriend and I went to get my cousin and brother from scout camp, took them to my house, went to his...

Got comfortable enough to take a nap, but then we had a two-year-old to deal with.

Okay, not so bad. We get him ready to leave because I have to be at my grandma's for her birthday. We ended up taking the truck, which has a/c unlike boyfriend's car. It was awesome. Well, it's the only awesome thing about the truck. Anyway, he falls asleep on the way to grandma's, which was another awesome thing. It meant I could nap while he did.

Pull him out of the truck, we lay down on the couch, boyfriend makes himself comfortable on the floor, and he's up in about half an hour. I didn't even get a chance to fall asleep! ><

After playing with my family all day, we took boyfriend's son back to his mother (:yech), and we ended up falling asleep at my house. It was pretty nice until my phone started vibrating because I had a voicemail...

And, now I can't get back to sleep because I have some cold and started coughing.

[Edited on 8/16/2010 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

I feel with you, Slarti, as my mother (who I often travel with) has incontinence issues. As in, she suddenly gets the runs on the most unexpencted moment. It's horrible for her, and horrible for me, as she expects me to conjure a toilet out of nowhere sometimes. But, she never lets this get in her way when it comes to enjoying life, and yes embarassing sometimes, but it's not her fault and we just clean up and go on having a fun day.
Which is as it should be. Go, mom!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, El, I agree. She had diverticulitis a few years ago and ever since, every now and then.... And when she's had issues that's normally what we do, but this one was a surprise ninja epic poop attack. LOL she blamed the mixed drink.

Also, she's not sick, particularly elderly, or disabled...
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Mom turns 80 in december, she's officially card-carying disabled, she has diabetes, bronchitis, and probably a few things we don't know about yet. She always blames the food, or the water, or emotions or whatever...It's not really good, but every day, she gets up, grins, and tries to make something off the day. Respect...
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

My mom just got out of drug rehab about a week ago. She's got a shiny new coat of the 12 steps on her, going to lots of meetings, and enjoying her new sponsor. She's doing okay. Maybe six times the charm? :D

Weirdly, my father was having his gallbladder out and my mom was in rehab the same week I had to have emergency abdominal surgery. I'm sure some astrologer has an explanation for it, but I just think "that's the way life goes".

Now we're all involved in our various recoveries and doing great. It's weird having two weeks off of work, but I'm using the time to put together a stellar portfolio of handouts for my clients. (Basically the stuff I talk about in the exam room written down for better retention and compliance.)

And nothing about this tastes of ass, I just wanted to say my mom isn't perfect either, but like your moms, she still rocks it when she wants to.

-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

My newest symptom of whatever brain bliss things that I have going on is smells. Smells that I'm smelling that is, that aren't there. And naturally they can't be smells like cinnamon or flowers or vanilla...nope. It's sulpher and rancid fat and overly strong cheap perfume. Today's smell de jour is dog poop. Yes, I rechecked every damn shoe just to be sure, but I'm smelling it in areas where there can be no dog poop and others assure me that there is no smell, so it's just me.

As far as symptoms go, at least this one doesn't hurt. :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Going back to the doctor tomorrow. Somehow, the sheer scope of abdominal swelling I'm experiencing just doesn't seem right.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

So...I start the day with a migraine warning. I can't see out of one eye and my head is pounding. Am about to take my codiene, if I can remember how to walk, and then I get to look forward to my usual stroke symptoms.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Funny how some of the side-effects of medication intended to ease pain can end up causing more pain. So. I've had surgery to treat a painful and pretty serious condition. I was given anesthesia and painkillers. Then more medicine to treat the painful condition caused by the meds. And on top of it, the doc suspects I've got an infection, which might explain how I'm so swollen, my pants don't fit and people have been admiring my "bump."

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Fuck my life, right now. Just...I don't even want to go into the ass-coffee, it's that bad. Fuck it with a fucking stick that's on fire.

Quick summary for you. After having to bail out housemates and now being completely and utterly broke, poor and other words for 'got no money whatsoever, not even for food', we somehow are expected to pull £812+ out of our asses in some miracle or other to pay for our side of the deposit for the rent.

Just...the hell.

(There are more details, I just have neither the want nor the energy to go into them, just wanted to rant, so no replies to the tune of 'Well you should have saved' because we did.)

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

We have an adorable ginger kitten (four months old, not even four pounds) named Chairman Meow.

Well, the first vet visit, even given the coupon that made the checkup free, cost us about $350. I had to open another line of credit. The kitten has conjunctivitis (inflammation of the conjunctiva) in his left eye and mild mucopurulent discharge. He has a harsh cough, which we figured was an upper respiratory infection since he came from the SPCA. We did a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia; that showed inflammation, so we did a CBC to figure out what it really was. Turns out he's allergic to something, and we don't know what, so he's on prednisolone in addition to Clavamox drops and a Panacur dewormer. He has to come back in ten days, and in the future we'll also have to do two feline leukemia vaccines, one more FVRCP vaccine, and heartworm prevention.

The financial issues, as usual, have given me a panic attack and I'm really depressed because I really think that I'll have to give him back up for adoption. There's something to be said for letting another family have an adorable kitten that can adequately take care of him and for giving him back better than we got him (dewormed, etc.) But I feel like an absolute shit because I feel like the stereotypical college kid who got a pet like he'd get another possession and then added to the adoption problem because he never was responsible enough to handle all the associated treatment. It sucks a lot worse having adopted and having put emotional and financial investment into a kitten (who, by the way, is literally too adorable for words) and then having it all come to naught.

In short, I'm riding on the edge of having multiple panic attacks and I'm severely depressed. Add this to all the things I have to see my psychiatrist about already. Fuck my life.

Edit: So I didn't have a second panic attack, but I did have a good cry. I talked it all out with my roommate and my father, and realized that given the future expenses already planned and given unexpected expenses, I can't keep him. I'm going to make him all better and then I have to re-home him. I have the financial capability to run myself into the ground to keep him, but I can't do that. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to him.

In other news, I suck.

[Edited on 8/18/10 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

HM, you totally do not suck, because you have shown this cat all the TLC this cat needed thus far.

Is there someone you know who could take care of the kitty? Giving the cat to someone you know may not feel as rough as putting him back up for adoption, and you may get the privilege of getting to visit the Chairman from time to time, too.

Oh, and great name for a cat, though I hope you gave him that name to be ironic. The Chairman Miao I knew actually was a feline dictator.

Oh, yeah. And I definitely have a post-op infection. So there's another prescription to add to the mix and a required week off of work. :(

[Edited on 18/8/2010 by Angelique]

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Spoke too soon. Turns out that company's a scam company. No money lost, as will be getting a refund or referring to trading standards on the 'paperwork fee'.

But that still leaves us completely depositless. I'm trying a few other things but I am fast running out of options.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I hate my boss.

So, on Sunday night I was only working one night a week according to the posted online schedule. Same on Monday. Tuesday I couldn't get it to work. Wednesday I noticed my boss had put me working for Monday and Tuesday. I wonder what's gonna happen today when I go in as today was the only day I honestly thought I was working.

Seriously she changes the schedule EVERY DAY. I need a new job with a steady fixed set of days and hours.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

To HoodedMan:

You do not suck. The situation does though and I'm really sorry.

My cat that I had put down last April (she was very old) had allergies most of her life. She was allergic to Oak, Pecan, something that grew in August, and something else that was flying around in the air in the winter. She was a 'snotty cat" a lot of the time and it got worse as she got older. I had her on antihistimines which would quit working after a while and so I'd have to switch her to something else that wouldn't work as well. She got steroid shots.....sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't. My vet and I would do research to find new things to try her on. I even had a 'snot sucker' (I believe they call it a baby aspirator in polite company) that I used on her to get that crud out of her sinuses. In short, though I loved her more than anything and don't regret having her one iota, it was a job in itself to keep on top of it all. And I will still be paying on the vet bill through next year.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I think you are making the right decision so don't beat yourself up about it. A pet with medical problems will take a lot out of you. If you're up to the task (mentally and financially), then by all means take it on. But if you can't, believe me you don't suck. The people who suck are the ones who take a sick pet and abandon it out in the country to 'fend for itself'.

I'm just so sorry that you are in the situation of having to give up your kitten. :(

To Angelique:
I hope you're doing better.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

I'm so tired:(
That's all.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

After the baseball game, my grandma was getting ready for bed and got stung by a wasp... which she's allergic to. So, after arguing with her for a while, we got her to the hospital. She's pretty much okay, loopy from the shots they gave her to prevent swelling and the benadryl.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

At flat to pack, as planning to move everything this weekend. Because of new (and soon to be ex-) neighbours downstairs, entire flat smells of superskunk. Hello headache.

Suck #1.

Have boxes with which to pack. No packing tape. Am going to have to go out and get some with money I shouldn't really spend.

Suck #2.

Electric's cut off. Second-hand laptop only has an hour battery. Also, no stereo, no music - can't play music on laptop as I'm trying to conserve power.

Suck #3.

Just found out that we can't pay the fucking deposit as the housemates have informed me that they're £200 down because their benefits won't be clocking in until tomorrow. Why they chose to inform me now is something I'd rather not contemplate, but we need that money by tomorrow.

Suck #4.

And I can't get hold of Pup to let her know that the 4hr roundtrip to Worcester is a waste of time and money because my piece of ass phone's fucking broken.

Suck #5.

I don't even have any coffee to have ass in it. But this is gonna taint any coffee I have for a while.

EDIT: Oh, and not half an hour after I put this post up, my ear/side of face starts to hurt in a really recognisable way. HELLO Ear Infection! What epic timing you have! I have no painkillers left and no phone with which to call my faildoctors!

FML!!!

[Edited on 24-8-2010 by Scumfish]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

NO FUCK YOU FAFSA!!

WHY DON'T YOU PUT THE CORRECT INFORMATION IN, 'CAUSE I'M WORKING OFF MY TAX FORMS SO ONE OF US HAS TO BE WRONG AND I KNOW IT'S NOT ME YOU STUPID COMPUTER PROGRAM!!!

I don't understand why we use fucking computers for important stuff like this. I'D MUCH RATHER be talking to a human being on this one.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS