this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The people threatening the guy that's spearheading "Untold Stories from Iraq and Afghanistan" have upped the ante, passing out flyers with lies about him, lies about our project, and his home address printed on them. I just wish I didn't have bronchitis and a lack of funds, because I feel a desperate need to fly to Virginia now to show 'em they're tangling with me, too. Not only have they ticked me off, but I'm even crankier on account of being sick and stir crazy.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

And now to make matters worse, I got word that my brother is seriously ill and in the hospital.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I want my laptop back. And what's so maddening is that it's RIGHT HERE. Somewhere, somehow, Scott lost the cord to HIS laptop and since we have interchangeable cords and he is the one who actually uses his to, like, make us money in our business, he gets priority.

*sigh*

Normally, I'd just say screw it and buy a new cord, but Scott insists it must be somewhere in the house. Plus, he keeps screwing up his laptop (he's had to reinstall Windows twice in the last three months) so he's debating buying a new laptop anyways, in which case we'd have a spare cord.

*sigh*

But in the meantime, my nice, shiny, precious laptop is an overpriced paperweight.

*sigh*
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, I have this art history paper due that I put off because I was supposed to have a critique in my computer class over the websites we're making... except we're not critiquing websites, which means I put off my paper for no reason.

I'm also getting a progress report for my research studio class because I've been too busy to email my teacher about why I wasn't in class Friday (microwavable white castle burgers don't taste as good the second time around, not that they tasted very good the first time). It's also a class where I have this project due on Friday that I don't even know if I can take in because it's oil paints. The building I have class in doesn't have proper ventilation for oils.

On top of this, I have an English paper due next Wednesday. ...And, I just realized I can't meet with my teacher Monday, like I said I would, because I won't be in Chicago. :doh!

I've gotten about half an hour of sleep, and it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting much in the future.

...I also hate it when TAs hover over my shoulder. :shifty

[Edited on 11/10/2010 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I got the straight scoop from my brother's doctor. The good news is he's stable and will very likely survive. Whether he'll make a full recovery is a different matter, skull fractures and hematomas being what they are...

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

This month is full of suck. I hate November anyway because with three birthdays and na tv licence bill of £40 to look forward to I'm always strapped for cash. But now it's just awful.

Next week, my b/f has his medical to see when he can go back to work. Last week they called him and told him that a couple of days after his medical they want him to go on a course so that's four more days I won't see him for and NOW today he gets a letter. They want him back on ship on the 29th.

For Four Months.

Yay -_-

Thank you November for out-sucking yourself this year.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Damn, all the best for your brother and you, Ange. That sounds very serious.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Yeah, that painting I just finished? No idea how I'm transporting it to class. Oils and probably over three feet tall sounded like a better idea when I wasn't considering carrying it to class... :doh!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

LOL! Just wait a few months until the oil has hardened, no big deal!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Angelique wrote:I got the straight scoop from my brother's doctor. The good news is he's stable and will very likely survive. Whether he'll make a full recovery is a different matter, skull fractures and hematomas being what they are...
I'm so sorry about your brother, Angelique.:( At least he's out of danger. I hope he pulls through okay.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

How Wude!

Like I said, I've been cheating on Scrawlers a bit by checking in on a Halloween forum from time to time during the season. :shifty Mostly I just like to lurk there, but sometimes I post, and lately I've seen a lot of backbiting and bitching going on over there with people getting downright hateful about silly things like how old is too old to trick or treat.

After not checking that site for a good week, today I did and saw another one where this poster went kind of ballistic on a 19-year-old who said he/she had gone trick or treating, calling it 'almost perverse.' Really? Calm down. LOL. So I posted a defense. Couldn't help it. It's the moderator in me. And I got a response from the pissy poster who totally missed the point. So I reported her to their admins.

Things like this kind of put it in perspective that none of this stuff -- here on our forum or on theirs -- are worth getting that worked up over that one must be rude. Yet, it happens. More than I'd like to see. Makes me wonder about humanity. :rolleyes
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

So yesterday I spring (or is that winter) cleaned my bedroom. I found my credit card that I'd lost (thank god.) So I think it's about time to hit up my favorite bath products place and I get all tarted up (high heel boots, nice clothes, makeup, since what the hell I am a girl and I can do it!) and get in the car and go!

Only halfway to the freeway my muffler goes boom and FALLS, scraping the asphalt as I drive and my engine makes a funny noise deep within its bowels. I park in the closest strip mall and get on my hands and knees to inspect the damage. I shall post the most astounding thing ever in the other post.

I get it to the mechanic's. It's all good, and they can take it. Except my brother has buggered off to who knows where and my best friend is in Las Vegas, and everyone else is at work miles and miles away. Nobody can come get me and drive me home. So I think, okay, right. I can walk home - it's really not THAT far, I can see the road where my neighborhood turns in from the street corner from the garage. I take my dog on long walks like this!

I start walking. It's hot. In three inch heels. Up hill for most of the way. I get to the cross walk and when it's my turn to walk, two cars' occupants start wolf-whistling at me. On one hand, yay! I look hot enough to whistle at! Ego boost to me! On the other hand, how vulgar and rude! And they kept doing it, too. And then started whistling at me to make me turn to look at them, you know the short one-tone blasts? THAT was incredibly rude - as if they were going to actually offer me a ride (and as if I'd accept. Pffft.)

So uphill in my high heeled boots. NEVER AGAIN. I finally get home, soaking in sweat, makeup ruined, hair frizzed from the sweat, and then I take off my boots and find I've screwed my back up again. So I need to wait for someone to come home to take me to the chiropractor's.

Kill me now.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Came back to the office today after a week out sick and found a nice reminder that I must show up for every scheduled shift so everyone can be with their families as planned.

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't consider what everyone else had planned when I came down with bronchitis!

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm sick, and it sucks.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

We've got a new graphic designer kid, fresh outta school, and boy is he having the worst first week ever. Lucky kid has worked 12-hour days for the last three days and today is our deadline day and he's NOWHERE close to being done. The ass in this for me is that until he's done with the ads, I can't finish my job either. The only advantage I have is that unlike him I'm hourly, so even sitting here waiting on him I'm getting paid. Mwuahahaha.

However, there is additional ass in that the baby is hungry and tired :shifty and wants mommy to go home, nom, and go to sleep.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Double ass.

Well, I don’t know why I was surprised by this, but I sort of was, I guess. Was told today by the boss that he won’t be needing me in the office after the baby’s born. I can still freelance though, apparently. So… I’m not sure what the fuck to do now…

At least I have the satisfaction of making him uncomfortable by crying.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Slarti wrote:Double ass.

Well, I don’t know why I was surprised by this, but I sort of was, I guess. Was told today by the boss that he won’t be needing me in the office after the baby’s born. I can still freelance though, apparently. So… I’m not sure what the fuck to do now…

At least I have the satisfaction of making him uncomfortable by crying.
Was it a mere downsizing thing that would have happened anyway, or does the fact that your baby's on the way have anything to do with this? Because if it's the latter, that could qualify as workplace discrimination.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Baby has everything to do with it, so no kidding. Hence why it's in the ass thread. We'll deal with it. I'm just kind of in shock because we were hoping he'd be a decent human being without legal intervention.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I hate my ISP. For the past 3 weeks, my connection wouldn't stay connected for longer than 10 minutes, sometimes it disconnects even after 2 minutes.
Technically I am connected, the thing is just...like it's frozen. It stays frozen for around 20 to 30 seconds, and then it goes back to normal. Sometimes when it's frozen for too long then it properly disconnects and then I have to reconnect.

I called the isp, the first time they said it's some kind of problem with my connection and that they have to change the settings at the gate (I live at a golf estate, which means the satellite, the telephones and the internet all goes through one ISP, and you can't use another one.) and after they change the settings at the gate, they'll call me with the new settings for my PC. No one called.

I called them back, and the person said they will look into it and call me back on saturday morning to ask if the problem still persist. That never happened.

Third time I called I got someone else to chat with, and that dude said they're updating software and a problem occurred, and that's likely affecting my connection. The second they finish updating and fixing their problem, my problem will be solved.

I'm still waiting for them to finish updating their shit. 3 fucking weeks of on/off/on/off/on/off connection. And worst of all, they charge twice as much for extra bandwidth than THE REST OF SOUTH AFRICA! And they can do it, because I can't change ISP's. I HATE YOU SMART VILLAGE!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I love snow. I don't love being expected to drive 50 miles on slick roads with blowing snow, bad visibility, travel restrictions, and drifts that could (and did) snag even my 4 wheel drive. We're expected to get up to two more feet of snow tonight. And yes, I'm expected to make the same commute again tomorrow.

sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Post by sovietxzion »

Tonight i had to put down my dog of 15 years, Shelby. i was blessed to have him in my life. May he be at rest now
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Everyone in my life is still alive and well, though today, the alternative certainly was a greater than average possibility.

JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

This tastes like charred ass!

This morning the building in which i spent a substantial part of the past 7 years in, as of right now is still burning to the ground. Lots of memories and amazing times go up in smoke along with a lot of history and amazing things that were housed inside it

RIP Activity Center!
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I was going to post about the fire, but it looks like I got beat to it...

That's a picture from earlier. The walls aren't really there now, and they're worried about the chimney collapsing. It looks a lot more depressing now that the fire is out.

[Edited on 11/24/2010 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

To the somewhat-friend on AIM who insists on talking about her Thanksgiving dinner and plans directly to me and then whining about it and also whining about your school papers you want me to edit for you *again*.

Die in the picture above.

Thank you.