this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

J. Edgar Hoover died and no one noticed 'cause he died the "same day" as Osama bin Laden (whom I actually believe was killed weeks ago -- this isn't me trying to be radical, just some of the reports stopped adding up.)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:J. Edgar Hoover died and no one noticed 'cause he died the "same day" as Osama bin Laden (whom I actually believe was killed weeks ago -- this isn't me trying to be radical, just some of the reports stopped adding up.)
Wait, is that bad news that he died and nobody noticed? Anyway, no the war isn't over. Bin Laden's got too many evil minions to roll up.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Fucking Jury duty....that is all
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

I'm being sued.

Hurray
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait... what?

By who? If you want to keep some of this private feel free to PM me in chat.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Eh, all ready set up payments so it won't go to court, I'm still getting the summons though. It's for my backrent/lease after I left as that's finally been settled. Told people not to spend my money as I still had bills to settle but nooooo. That was just too much for them. Mother did agree to do the payments though so it's cleared up but still a pain in the ass.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

I don't post in here often but this is definately ass worthy.

Currently my rent is not being paid, for a period of nearly 2 months now (so I'm waiting on threatening letters from the landlord) because housing benefit stopped when the DWP cut off my money. At the time the council said they'd wait for info from the DWP and I wouldn't have to do anything. Aparently they changed their minds because now they closed my claim which means whatever backpay they owed me I'll probably never see.

I've no idea when I'm getting my next meager payment of income support since it's usually every two weeks and the last one was now two and a HALF weeks ago.

But the worst part. The part that has made this the most assish week ever.

No more job.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Scott took the baby to his parents' house. Normally this would be an astounding thing... except that we're supposed to get terribleshittyomfgtornado weather today, like Joplin....
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You and yours are in my thoughts, Slarti.

This makes my problems with online sexual harrassment look a bit trivial by comparison. Threats of legal action and public humiliation can't scare the weather into behaving.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

KawaiiBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KawaiiBlueElf »

These Hershey kisses taste really weird, and I'm sick again. :p
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, the weather yesterday turned out okay, but right now there are three tornadoes in the Kansas City area, one of which might be heading our way. Joy.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Yeah, I'm watching it on nbc >< at least they all seem to be weak tornadoes but tornadoes all the same.

And weird chocolate is truly sad.

[Edited on 25/5/11 by Ferguson]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Looks like our 5 person is going to be split 4 ways but the good news is the two rich guys in the 4 are picking up the extra 'cause they plan on turning the upstairs room between them into their "crib".

Meaning my buddy and I downstairs get to turn the living room between OUR ROOMS into our own crib, and no one really pays too much more. And utilities still get split 4 ways but the two aforementioned guys upstairs want to get a specific TV package so guess who offered to pick up most of that as well? The two richest guys in the house.

My response "Fffff okay!"

[Edited on 27/5/11 by Ult_Sm86]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Soooo... My parents have a crazy neighbor.

This neighbor is an older woman. She's a retired teacher (she has a lawsuit with the township), and her husband wasn't very nice before he left her. We've always tried to be helpful and such with her. Like, my brother mows her lawn, and I've walked her dog for her before and such.

Last weekend, my family threw my boyfriend a birthday party, so my mom, brother, and I were at my aunt's for that. So, my dad was home alone. Neighbor had passed out in her driveway, so my dad was trying to help her inside... except she wasn't waking up. He called my mom to ask what he should do. I was of the opinion he should call an ambulance. I was not listened to. She ended up getting up, and my dad got her inside, where she proceeded to possibly molest him. He ran back to the house, locked all the doors, called my mom back and told her getting into the house was her own problem. (In my dad's words, "She tried to jump my bones, of course I was uncomfortable.")

This week. I get at call around 11:41 from my mom. The neighbor is apparently running around the house and knocking on all the doors and windows. She's been doing this for half an hour, and my mom doesn't know what to do.

Boyfriend and I tell her to call the cops.

I talk with her for a bit because she wants to see if neighbor will just stop. Except she doesn't. So, I tell her to wait until about 12:15 if she wants to call the cops but still wait to see if she stops. She agrees and says she'll call me back because she's hearing a different noise.

So, I wait until about 12:37 and decided to call back because I hadn't heard from anyone. I called, and my brother answers the phone. I love my brother. "Yeah, she broke into the house. Anyway, I was playing this computer game today..." So, I talked to him some and got him to put my mom on the phone.

After she'd gotten off the phone with me, she had my brother and dad lock the bedroom door. Before the door got locked, the dog had gotten out, was barking, and then she stopped. When my mom realized neighbor was in the house and talking to the dog (which was why the dog had stopped barking), she called the cops.

They dispatched the cops, who passed the house the first time by. So, cops got there, and my mom's still on the phone with the dispatcher who asks, "Which door do you want the police to bust in?" We're not exactly sure how she got in since the cops said every door was locked.

My dad went down and let them in the front door. They look through the house and can't find her. It turns out that neighbor has passed out in my brother's bed.

Cops get her up and asked her how she got there. Turns out she'd been drinking, which doesn't mix well with the medication she's on. So, the cops called paramedics, who she tells she hasn't taken any medication and that she had a seizure earlier... Which wasn't true. On either of those.

She also told the police that my parents said she could come over any time (any time meaning not past 11 at night while everyone is asleep and going away when no one answers the door). And that she didn't have any children for them to contact. She has five. My mom said she also kept talking about the incident with my dad last Friday.

Anyway, she ended up being taken to the hospital. Of her own free will, amazingly. They'd have forced her had she refused.

My parents aren't pressing charges because they feel bad since she obviously needs help.

Crazy neighbor has always been a bit off and has come off as lonely, which was why we try to help her. But, lately, the crazy has been getting worse. Obviously. And, my parents feel bad because they don't want to be mean to her, but on the other hand they don't really know what she's capable of...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

The Missouri River is rising and Scott's parents may have to evacuate their house. Last time that happened was in the Midwest floods in '93.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So the guy (jackass?) who's uncle owned the place we wanted to rent is backing out because we got on his case about his insane parking privileges. He claims he gets the garage because his car is super sweet (it is) and its his uncle's place (it is).

So we're fine with that. But it's a straight shot driveway for a city apartment.

Y'know? So we ask him if we can reason it out and work it out differently and suddenly we're being ridiculous/unreasonable/stupid.

So you know what, fine. We're proceeding without him. :3
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Had a bonfire at my parents tonight. Creepy neighbor was watching from her bedroom window. *shudder*
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Tears, has your neighbor gotten any diagnosis? It sounds to me like she might suffer from schizophrenia or some related disorder. Granted, it's not always easy living with a neighbor who is prone to behavioral emergencies, but if you know what it is, you might be better able to cope. And to help her.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

No idea, but we've considered schizophrenia. She about meets the criteria for a paranoid type, but we're not really sure what she puts on for show. She's actually creepily manipulative.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

She also meets the criteria for "You need to be at a home/hopsital or with people who can take care of you and not a crazed shut-in who breaks into peoples houses to hug their dads."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hee, yeah. She's mentioned being institutionalized before and suddenly the fact that her brothers want her to move back to Cali makes sense. :shifty
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I guess it's relatively minor ass but I had a meting with the jobcenter today about how I 'could be better looking for work' (I can't, I'm already doing everything) and I finally got a straight answer about aprentships. Unfortunantly it wasn't the one I wanted but meh :shrug I'd rather have honesty and the chance to get over it rather than being strung along and living in a forlorn hope that would ultimately be more damaging for me.

It's just ... sad that no matter what people say about how 'there's always a way' and 'never giving up' short of a miracle this whole baking thing isn't going to happen.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Sorry pup.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Matt's mother is a dumbass who needs to go die in a fire. I swear I only think the fire needs to happen when she does things like try to have me clean up after she makes some stupid mistake. :shifty

Yesterday, we went to Friendship for the super awesome flea market there, so we asked her to watch Matthew. We got back from Friendship at 8, and he was napping because she let him fall asleep around 7. And, I don't know whether he got up himself or she woke him up for dinner, but he was awake when we got back from taking my brother home around 9. ...Meaning he wasn't about to go back to sleep at bedtime.

I went to bed a bit after I finished dinner because I'd been awake since 8:30 in the morning, walked around all day in the heat, and drove back to Indianapolis. So, I was kinda tired.

Around who knows what time, she wakes me up with her bitching to herself because he won't go to bed, and she wants to go to bed because she has work in the morning. Apparently, according to her bitching at Matt this morning, this means it's my job to get up and put him to bed for her. I also wasn't exactly asleep this morning, so I could hear her bitching about it....

Oh, that's right. I wasn't asleep this morning because she's not the only damn person in the house that wants to go to bed at night because they have to be up around 6 in the morning.

And besides that... I can't help a lack of common sense.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Worst. Cold. Ever.

Uuuurgh.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art