this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

My knee popped out of socket this morning, and it hurts. A lot. -_-
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I want my life back.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm so tired because I didn't sleep well last night (went to bed at 3, woke up every hour until the alarm clock went off) and want a nap, but I have to finish a painting, read a book, redo a project, and come up with 9 ideas for a new project. Oh, and go out to explore the city for another project.

Also, my legs are killing me from walking down the stairs for the fire the other day. ><

And, there's also that list of art supplies I just got today, so boo for spending even more money. I've easily spent over $250 on art supplies already, and I haven't even gotten everything I need for some classes.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

My housemates, the other couple, have broken up. Much as I hate to say this, it's sort-of astounding thread-worthy as one of the girls is a controlling, selfish, lazy, hypochondriac douchball and the other is a really sweet, loving girl so it's really good on that part but...

Watching a couple break up is never a good thing.

House is full of tense and unhappy right now, as this only happened last night but has also been building up for a while (apparently, longer than we've known them). That coupled with (and I hate to be selfish) the problems I've got talking to people at the moment means I'm kinda not wanting to move from my room. At all.

:(

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The only bad thing about sleep... I still have a painting to finish, and I have class in about an hour. That goes until 4, then I have my painting class at 6.

I was going to get up early this morning to work on it, but my roommate wasn't awake. I didn't want to wake her up. Then, I figured she'd get up an hour later when her alarm clock went off... She didn't...

I guess I'll just throw some paint on, and if I'm asked call it incomplete... :shifty
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Just spent all day with said controlling, selfish, lazy, hypochondriac doucheball, having to be all nicey-nice and NOT rage at her for being so fucking self-centred.

Fucking douche-flavoured coffee.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I'm sick as a dog. I've spent most of the day unconscious or drinking liquids. I hope by tomorrow I'm better as I cannot afford to miss another day of work.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Yay for going to A&E at 5am. Yay for rain. Yay for walking in the cold.

Now I feel like a zombie, I'm sick AND my knee is killing me.

But at least Kyle didn't get bored and try to perform surgery on himself.... Yet.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I have to do 9 20-min sketches for tomorrow that I haven't even started yet, and I only have an idea for one of them. :doh!

Also, just cut my finger, like under my nail, on the cheese grater while doing dishes.

[Edited on 9/20/2010 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Got caught in a flash flood from a microburst and tore up my car. Didn't do myself any good either.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

I have tonsilitis. I know this. I get it every year.

So I wait all weekend without going to A&E (ER to you americans) so I can see my DOCTOR and get it on my records that I have it AGAIN and then get some penicillin to make it go away.

I get up at 8:30 this morning. Call my doctor at 9am when the lines open. Fully booked. Call back at 4. WHAT?! That was fast. So I complain about needing penicillin NOW because I can't fucking eat solid food and I'm hungry. She said 'nothing we can do. Call back at 4'. Then hangs up. BITCH.

Sooooo I wait all day. 7 fucking hours. Call up at 4.

Get told 'oh sorry we have a locum in at the moment so we can't give you a prescription'.

ARGH! *headdesks*

So now I either have to spend another day not eating or go to A&E. If they'd told me THIS MORNING that they had a locum I could have avoided all this wank and been home from A&E with some Penicillin and decent painkillers by now. Fucking asshats. Grrrrrrr

So now, ro A&E. For the second time in a week. Yay.

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Yet more ass today. Neighbours. Loud music. Not whole songs. And not constant. Same few bars of music repeatedly and on and off.

This has been going on for the las two and a half hours and is likely going to continue for at least two more.

I'm exhausted. I'm sick. I need sleep. Doctors orders to REST. FFS PEOPLE! GIMME A BREAK!

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Slarti wrote:Got caught in a flash flood from a microburst and tore up my car. Didn't do myself any good either.
Are you okay?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

and to balance out the awesome coffee, I give you some ass as well. My car won't start. The battery isn't even a year old and it's already dead. Even though I love my job, I still hate this city. If you ever can, when touring South Africa, try and avoid Johannesburg.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Guess where I've been for the third time in a week?

A&E!!

This time it was my dad's fault - silly ass managed to nearly cut his finger off in the kitchen -_- Spent ten minutes trying to convince him we DID need to go to hospital because it was GOING to need stitches.

Ambulance arrived (came with the lights and everything so that was pretty cool then I got to ride in it with my dad to the hospital) then I had to try and convince him not to smoke while we waited for the nurse practitioner (failed). Then he spent all of the time with the nurse trying to talk her into supergluing it rather than stitching it. -_-

THEN when we finally got out of the hospital he had another smoke (eejit) and then decided it would be okay to go to the pub when we got into town. *sigh* Honestly, I don't know why I bother trying to look after him sometimes...

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Ooooooooow. Can't hardly walk today. -_- AND I think I might be getting a cold.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Adding another knee injury to the list, I twisted my knee on Thursday night, making that the fourth time in two years. I finally went to the doctor (you'd think I'd have done that the first, second, or third time it happened, but I figured it was a partial ACL tear and self-treated) and it turns out I have a torn meniscus and had dislocated my kneecap. They're doing an MRI to confirm; in the meantime, I'm wearing a brace 24x7 for about two weeks, and I'll be starting physical therapy after that. Which is okay, because it should help prevent this from happening in the future.

In the meantime, though, no dancing at clubs or at parties. I don't know if I'm going to be able to stay in my dance class; guess I'll find out tomorrow. >.<
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Just had my second run-in with the egotistical pastor from hell at work. Thank you, woman, for reminding me why I'm so wary of organized religion. Just because you think you are fantastic as an interim small-town pastor doesn't mean you have the right to be an arrogant, condescending beotch.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

So, I've been kinda sick since Sunday, I didn't go to class on Monday, and I had to force myself to get up to go to class today. I'm feeling okay after art history, starting to think today will be okay as I'm approaching my dorm... Then, I'm filled with a sense of dread...

Greenpeace is stopping people right outside the fucking door to the dorms and trying to enlist them. Of course I rush back to avoid cramming into an elevator, so I don't have a crowd to blend into... and for some reason, they can't just hassle the smokers that are outside all the time...

This is pretty much how it went.

Greenpeace dude: "What do you have to do that's better?"

Me: "Uh, homework."

Homework = 10 images for painting and a canvas.

Greenpeace dude: "That's a bullshit excuse."

Me: "...Right."

Lucky for him, I happen to censor myself because at that point I was thinking... 'Well, your cause is bullshit.'

Greenpeace dude: "So, can I have a minute of your time?"

Me: Since you're wasting it already... "Sure."

He proceeded to spout off whatever while I gave him a -_- look.

Greenpeace dude: "You can donate whatever amount you want."

Me: "I don't have money."

Greenpeace dude: "Then, how do you eat?"

Me: I don't. "My parents provide me with money for food."

Greenpeace dude: "Why don't you ask them for money? It's a great cause."

At this point, I laughed. Not only do I not have money, but neither do my parents. They're also less likely to give me money for some environmental thing than they are to... Well, do anything else for me. He gave up and told me to check out the website.

Then, I was pissed because while I was stuck pretending to be nice, a crowd gathered in the lobby for the elevators. And, fuck the stairs because I'm on the 15th floor. Since my time was wasted by him, I bought a canvas on the way to class. As soon as I walked out of the store, I heard a popping, which was the sound of the stretcher bars cracking. Luckily, the canvas is still functional.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

tears~fall~like~glass wrote:
This is pretty much how it went.

Greenpeace dude: "What do you have to do that's better?"

Me: "Uh, homework."

Homework = 10 images for painting and a canvas.

Greenpeace dude: "That's a bullshit excuse."
I'm sorry, but that just cracked me up. What did he expect? He's on a university campus accosting students.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Angelique wrote: I'm sorry, but that just cracked me up. What did he expect? He's on a university campus accosting students.
Actually, he's not.

The Art Institute of Chicago is a private arts college located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the country. Though it is associated with the Chicago Art Institute (which is right there), there is no real "campus". The school buildings and classrooms are mixed in to one of Chicago's busiest financial, business, and shopping districts.

He might not have even been aware that he was standing outside student housing.

-e
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Saint Kurt wrote:
Angelique wrote: I'm sorry, but that just cracked me up. What did he expect? He's on a university campus accosting students.
Actually, he's not.

The Art Institute of Chicago is a private arts college located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the country. Though it is associated with the Chicago Art Institute (which is right there), there is no real "campus". The school buildings and classrooms are mixed in to one of Chicago's busiest financial, business, and shopping districts.

He might not have even been aware that he was standing outside student housing.

-e
Our building has the SAIC logo on it, so it's kinda hard to miss. Plus, I was wearing a SAIC hoodie. ;) Also just remembered that he mentioned having a blog with the school, I think.

A lot of people actually stand around outside the building because it is downtown in the Loop and incredibly busy all the time. I just happened to find him the most annoying because he was kind of a jerk.

[Edited on 9/30/2010 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Whether he was aware he was accosting students or not is no excuse for his behavior with her. It's simple rudeness that he feels is justified because it's for a good cause. Bullshit.

And I had another run-in with the evil pastor 30 seconds after I walked in the office today. Boss even told me I should tell her to kiss my ass.

Tempted. :shifty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Double posting due to emotional trauma...

Oh my sweet dear frickin' God, the boss's emo daughter is going to start working in the office!!!!!1!

:surprise:bawl :X

I'm so glad my days here are numbered.

EDIT - AAAAAAEEEEEEEEIIIIIEEEEE! She's here! And as surly as any 16 year old being forced to work for her parents because she was fired from her other job can be! And what, you may ask, was her other job? Kennel assistant. She refused to mop because there wasn't already water in the bucket waiting for her. :toothy

And even BETTER, the boss wants ME to train her!!! :bawl:bawl:X

[Edited on 30-9-2010 by Slarti]
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Urk. First day as actual proper on-the-paper, contract-signed owner of the cafe and I can't go in or open it today, which is sucky enough.

The reason why I can't open it? Because the last owner obviously failed her Food & Hygiene and came in with a goddamned vomiting and diarrhoea bug that she wasn't quite over. Guess what I caught? Double the suck.

Add on that she's passed it on to at least two other people, and I dread to think how many customers...

I am so glad me and pup have this cafe now. No freakin' icky germs in my cafe! *disinfects EVERYTHING in a hazmat suit*

On the other hand, I guess the best place for a germaphobe like me to work is in the kitchen...