this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

So aparently, shooting someone on wednesday wasn't enough for the mad people in Small Heath and they had to do it again last night (In the shop where I need to go and buy things later -_-). So this morning, police were knocking on doors to see if anyone saw anything.

I get up, answer my door and promptly pass out in front of the police man. (I should say that passing out is normal for me when I get up too fast and then get too warm. It's one of those things and I'm fine after a sit down) Police man called an ambulance.

I managed to talk him into letting me get dressed so that I was at least not being prodded at in my PJs when the amulance got there.

The ambulance that was carrying a fire man on a ride along. So today I had all three emergency services in my flat before lunch time because of my dodgy vegus nerve. -_- hooray for me. Thankfully the paramedic didn't make me go to hospital because I totally don't need THAT on top of it. Good GOD.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What fun! I wish my morning had started on such a note... I just got up and groaned :(

At least you're okay, right?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ah ass thread, my gift to the forum that keeps on giving.

I cannot think of a single bad thing in my life worth mentioning at the moment though. Well, except for how I have come to haaaaaate hate hate hate haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate HATE the country I've been living in for the last three and a half years. I ended up staying another year for reasons that were, in retrospect, absolutely essential, but damn. I feel pretty good right now, but that's because I have no need to leave my house for the next two months. With the finish line in sight, I'm content to sit and wait for my life to begin.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Threetoe
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Threetoe »

Life's not an easy thing. But when it rains, it storms like a hurricane....

I'll call this one, Hurricane Fucku. Hurricane Fucku was last sighted in late December when I woke up and found I couldn't see because there were blind spots smack in the middle of my nearly nonexistant visual field.

This comes and goes, and currently I can't see anything, even to go down stairs. Everything is opaque and hazy and it's scary... but I've gotten used to that.

Hurricane Fucku has returned. I don't know what to do and there's not a damn thing I can do....

My aunt is sick. Possibly very sick. She's been through so much. Two or so years ago she had breast cancer and had chemotherapy for it. All seemed well...except she seems different. Strange ailments like a tingling face, memory problems, confusion, problems with judgement...I'm very scared. It sounds exactly like a stroke, but it could also be metastasized cancer in her brain...

I love her so much and just want this hell to be over. I don't want her to die of cancer. We understand each other and we're buddies and it's like she's slowly unraveling and doesn't even notice.

Pray for her? :(

Hurricane Fucku can fuck off any time.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

We were supposed to go see Kiley's new baby cousin, Mason, Friday. On the way out of town, we get a call from my mother that my dad was trimming a tree in his yard and fell off the ladder. He hit a chainlink fence and then the ground. He had to crawl into the house to call 911 and then called my mother. He was afraid to look at his legs because he thought there was bone sticking out. So now all we know is he's supposed to be going to a hospital, but we don't know which one, or how bad it is.

After calling three podunk hospitals and then driving two hours to get to the hospital, we get to talk to him in the emergency room. They still hadn't cleaned up the blood, and it looked like they'd slaughtered a pig in there. He's got at least a broken heel, and has to see an orthopedic surgeon Monday. He lives in freaking Heehaw Ozarkland and I'm trying to talk him into coming back to the city to see the doctor, but no.

So he's in a wheelchair in podunk, and he can't drive, and he's two hours away from us. Tomorrow, I'm taking my mother down to help him, and I might have to stay for a day or two too if he has to have surgery.

Scott's staying home with the baby.

If it's not one thing, it's the other. -_-

[Edited on 26-6-2011 by Slarti]
KawaiiBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KawaiiBlueElf »

I still don't have a job >_>
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Either the heat, the fatigue or both is kicking my ass. Staying awake is becoming one hell of a fight. Nnn.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Note to lodger and brother - my house is not a motel because my parents are out of town for the week. Go hang out with your girlfriend's families or try their house for a change. Try sleeping at their houses, too. I hear it's the in-thing to do nowadays. All the cool BFs are doing it.

Note to my brother - trying to kill me with incense is not a good idea. Yes, my eyes will puff and my throat swell and I will stop breathing properly. I will not be happy at the point I stagger into your room and try to burn the house down by hitting at everything that smokes. Please inform your friends of this, because I will kill the next idiot who lights up a stick of it.

PRO-TIP: If your rats' cages smell so bad - CLEAN THEM OUT. Or pay your friends to do it when you'll be gone for a weekend. I would do it myself, but it's not worth the allergic reaction with the body-wide hives.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Be warned, rantage ahoy.

Thanks, ex-house mates. Between you, you landed me and pup with shit credit and something in excess of £800 of unpaid council tax, of which only £77 is actually ours. Because you are both douches that decided to hide, me and pup were landed with the full amount, as it was a house share and therefore they don't care who pays it so long as it's paid. We were honest, you see, and left forwarding addresses - because out of all four of us, we were the only two that bothered to keep in contact and sort things out with the various authorities.

Oh, you, rich one. No, you are not getting the £200 we supposedly owe you (we don't). You know why? See above. We're paying your fucking bill of £450.

I'm supposed to be going to Plymouth next week for my adopted brother's birthday and my adoption day thing. Guess what? It's looking like I can't afford it, because we got hit unexpectedly by teo more Council Tax bills last week to the tune of £300 altogether. Oh, we can pay them, but it leaves us with just about enough money to get cat food and maybe gas OR electric until the next payday. Luckily we don't eat much in this heat so we still have pretty full cupboards and such.

Oh, and did I mention, oh dear ex-house mates, that we had to use money we owe to other people to pay this off? Congrats, you've stuck us between a rock and a fucking hard place, and I'm probably going to be missing my bro's birthday and my own adoption party.

Fuck you. Seriously. Enjoy your fucking trips to New York that your family paid for off the bat despite telling you to earn it because you whined at them. And you, skanky, enjoy having atrophied legs because you're too fucking lazy to actually get out of bed.

There is a good side to this rant, I guess, but it's kinda pyrric considering the amount we've lost and how much is fucked up...

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

To tail off Scum's post ... I have to somehow tell my mom that we've had to use the money she gave us for the original deposit on the flat share to pay off this debt ...
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

So, on top of being stuck at my dad's house in the giant insect infested boondocks, Aunt Flo decided to come for her visit.

-_-

Oh yeah, and even though he got a wireless router so I should be able to use my laptop, I can't get it to work.

[Edited on 27-6-2011 by Slarti]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

It's like the icing ontop of a crapcake, there.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

When I was growing up I didn't have many friends, but one of the friends I did have was one of my cousins, Frankie. We went to the same school and were in the same year, we weren't very alike and if we hadn't been related we probably wouldn't have been friends at all, but we were and 'cos of that we were pretty close. We looked out for each other and played with each other, he we were always at each others houses, we used to go on family holidays together and form little gangs with the other kids. We'd slide down hills on bits of cardboard, go fishing, climb actual mountains together and one memorable day we even defended my little sister from a charging ram with sticks, the most terrifying experience of our then eight-year old lives ... naturally after we vanquished the nasty ram we were battle brothers (since I counted as a boy since I hated barbie) and bonded for life.

As we grew old and ended up going to different secondary schools we grew apart as kids do, but we never outgrew the instant closeness we'd had, thought we didn't see each other as often as we used too, whenever we did meet we'd instantly fall back into the old camaderie, not really saying much necesserely but just ... comfortable with each other, like old friends really are.

This evening his elder sister went to wake him up for his nightshift at work, and he was cold in his bed. The paramedics pronounced him dead on arrival. He was going to be 24 on the 5th of July and had no health problems.

I'm never going to see MadTank again, never going to hear him say 'Alrigh' Hairy Mo!', I'll never take the piss out of him for having his trousers halfway down his ass, or bitch him out for not showering for days at a time before giving me a hug.

I can't even remember the last time we spoke, or what was even said ...

I am going to miss him for the rest of my life, he wasn't an angel, he wasn't especially bright but he was a good brother, friend and person, he'd always help you if you were in need, he was a man of giant proportions and he always made of point of sticking up for people who couldn't stick up for themselves. Animals and children adored him.

God bless and rest you, Frankie, and please if it's not too much trouble could you keep him and our family in his thoughts, currently most of his immediate family (including his mother) are in Turkey on a family holiday, though they're coming back on the first flight they can manage, and please, if you're so inclined, say a prayer for him.

I guess this is a bit TL;DR, but I needed to get this out, it's actually been a bit therapeutic for me. Thank you for reading *hugs*

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

*hugs Pup*
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
KayJay
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KayJay »

*also hugs*

:(
Image Image Image
Awards
"I Remember it Like it was Yesterday..." Award - July 2011
"American Pie" Award - July 2011
"Jush a Little Tipshy" Award - July 2011
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

I'm gonna miss you, Frankie. Promise I'll look after her, man.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Scum and Pup, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

As for me, I'm trying to keep things in perspective. I have a job I love and do well. I work with some of the most wonderful clients in the world. Yet my conscience dictates I quit.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

Thank you for all your kind thoughts, I've passed them on to everyone.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

*huggles Pup*

Nothing in comparison to that, just mainly the urge to choke a bitch.

I mean, seriously... How the hell is it my fault that your damn phone doesn't work? Yeah, you told us it was dead. Maybe you should add the word "broken" to your vocabulary and try using it because dead implies just needing charged. And, if it's broken you should work on getting that fixed because it's not my fucking problem that we have no way to contact you. According to your custody agreement, you have to provide alternate ways of contact, and I am not part of that agreement so I don't want to hear the bitching.

And, if you wanted to fucking know when he'd be home yesterday, you should've fucking asked, as opposed to blaming me for not telling you. Mainly because I shouldn't have to tell you since you know Matt's work schedule, so you should know that he works nights on Thursdays and that we never keep him late on Thursdays.

Seriously. Be glad you got him as late as two because he was such a brat (because you don't know how to take care of a child) that I wanted to drop him off at 10:30 when he got up this morning. Or, y'know, I'm not exactly opposed to never bringing him home since it isn't like you want him, and he's better off with us. Oh, yeah, also according to the agreement, we can do that because technically it's not my job to bring him home after his time with us is up. It's your job to come get him.

And, end of the urge to choke. I think... :shifty

[Edited on 6/30/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm so sorry, Pup.
:cry
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

/me offers condolances and does not know what more to say:(
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

To the just a little bit too persistently friendly young man of North-African descent who kept following me around on the Turnhoutsebaan:
I have been harassed in this street so often I immediately decided to ignore you. In this, I probably confirmed your prejudice, as you confirmed mine. I now feel bad about this. Was this your intention, or did I just assume it was?
Do we really want to live in a place where sourness and bitterness increase by the day? Because I don't.
Confused now.

Elwing.
(who is old enough to be your mother, by the way, creep)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Condolences, Pup. *hugs*

Well... we lost our cat. Mr. Greypants got out of my dad's house this morning and we have yet to find him.

I'm so ready to go back home... WITH my cat!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

*hugs* Thanks everyone.

I really, really hope you find Mr. Greypants slarti, that majorly sucks :(

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

They're having to open an inquest into my cousin's death, as the post-mortem couldn't determine a cause of death.

Tomorrow would have been his 24th birthday :cry