this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I really, really need a hug.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

*hug*
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

*heavy sigh*

this morning it rained cats and dogs. On my way to work I stop at the traffic light. Unfortunately the shit for brains who drove the old light blue bakkie (that's south african for truck, even though we use the word truck for larger freight carrying vehicles) anyhow, that dipshit drove his car into my car's rear. Apparently his breaks doesn't work. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DRIVING IT THEN?!?! He also doesn't have any insurance.

This happens a MONTH after that same rear bumper area got replaced for a previous accident! Now it's going to be replaced AGAIN.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

people who drive without insurance and should go to jail.:bite People who knowingly drive without brakes should be charged with attempted murder.
Here's an old South African joke you probably already know to lift you up...

farmer Van der Merwe is talking to a Texan about their respective farms.
The Texan says "Let me tell you about my Ranch back in Texas. Why, I used to get into my truck in the morning, and drive all day, and at the end of the day I wouldn't have reached the end of my farm yet.".
"Well ya" says Van, " I used to have a bakkie like that too".
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Great joke!

I'm still trying to figure out why my stomach hurts when I eat.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*beats facebook with a hammer*

I get to have another 'pow-wow' with the jackass boss tomorrow on my 'future' with the paper. I have to remember to keep the pregnancy hormones in check and channel rage enough to stand up for myself and not start blubbering like a big fat baby again.

Maybe he'll fire me. That'd be awesome. I'd totally file unemployment. Possibly a lawsuit too.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Oh look. Hello insomnia.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hey, thanks to Scott's incessant snoring last night ensuring I woke up about every hour, my pounding head and the cat meowing nonstop, I think my rage is sufficiently honed to face down the jackass.

It's an astounding kind of ass!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I miss my research class already! :bawl
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Fucked up massively at work today, didn't get in big trouble, but caused my boss a lot of trouble and myself a lot of trouble. I feel horrible about it >_<
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Well, we would be in the game tonight, except after we put gas on for the first time in four days (because we have no money left at all) a pipe we didn't know was frozen after last night's snow cracked, cracking the wall and flooding the bathroom and underneath that the kitchen.

We're supposed to be going away in the next two days. We're alone in the house because of sucky housemate no2.

Life fucking sucks so hard in all ways right now.

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

I HAVE BEEN STUCK IN LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT SINCE FRIDAY DEC. 17!!!!!!!!!!! ACCORDING TO THE AIRLINE PEOPLE: NO GUARANTEES, BUT HOPEFULLY I MIGHT POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO PERHAPS GET A FLIGHT OUT TO BOSTON ON MONDAY THE 20TH. IF I CAN'T I MIGHT HAVE TO LIVE IN THIS AIRPORT UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE. I NEED TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Everyone is fighting mum and dad, and mum and her work, my brother is holed up in his room getting high and screwing the flavour of the month. I'm behind on all my gifts as I'm making most of them.

The rain won't effing stop, the backyard is graded so all the water floods into the back patio and the house, and GUESS who broke the 200 dollar water pump because when it started flooding and I called mum and dad and tried to get my bloody brother out of his nesting mindset, NOBODY would help.

I don't even want to start with the money problems and the college hell.

Is my life over yet? I want to get out now.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Roads are horrible and getting worse, my gf is sick as a dog, my mom is being a complete bitch to me -.- someone come to indy and help me rent an apartment
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

my ISP's security was compromised on wednesday, and they closed off all unnecessary ports while they install a secondary firewall on their systems. That is why I can't chat or play any online games, all I can do is surf webpages or check email. Now that was two days ago, and I'm still waiting. And yes, I have called again, the dude on the other side of the line told me he's trying to get in touch with their tech guy as well to find out what's going on.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Icy roads. 'nuff said.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Not even going to bother to list the suck.

Happy fucking New Year.

I will bitch about the fact that thanks to a massive infection, I can't do anything, including sleep. I'll bitch about that because thinking about the three million other things that have gone wrong is a bad thing. I've come very, very close to not seeing the New Year.

I'd cry, but I'm a little beyond that now.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Double-post, sorry about that...

This is a sort-of explanation/mini-rant as to why I might be a little...off recently, and an apology to everyone in chat I may have depressed/irritated with my emo.

In November, Pup found out she had to quit the course she loved the day after her birthday because of financial departments cocking up. The week after, the cafe stopped making money. I was able to secure limited funding to keep it going - only to be told a week later after spending £1k on it and getting into £200+ debt that I was losing the contract on it because the owners of the building I was renting the unit in no longer wanted a cafe in there and hadn't told me this.

We couldn't make the rent for November on the house. At all. Got the first idea that what we thought was our decent housemate actually doesn't have a clue, because she thought that 'being broke' meant 'we have spare money for booze and fags'. No, being broke means no money. At all. We ate badly for the next few weeks.

Somehow, through a miracle, we scrape together the rent. Just. Two weeks before the next month's rent is due. Because the rent was so late, though, we've been served an eviction notice for the end of February.

Our tenancy runs out in March. Which means we've got a landlady who just wants to keep the flaming deposit.

Rapidly-turning-out-to-be-a-tard-housemate tells us two days before we were going to have a house Christmas Dinner that she's decided to fuck off to her parents early. The snow hits, burying Worcester in three feet of cold. We hadn't had any heating for two weeks because we couldn't afford it and Swampy in the basement is a stingy nasty bitch. Pup's mom gives us some money for heating after finding out that we were living in one room in the four-storey house on our own with the bunnies and wearing pretty much every piece of clothing we own - temperatures were falling to around about -20C at night. We weren't sleeping because it was so cold.

Great!

We put the heating on. Half an hour later, bathroom (where the boiler is) was full of steam, bathroom was flooded, kitchen underneath was flooded...

The pipes were frozen. They'd burst so hard the wall had cracked.

We called out the engineer, turned out it wasn't a five-minute-job like quite a few are because the pipes that had gone are behind the boiler. We were meant to be going to my foster parents the next day - were expecting them up that evening, in fact - so...cue panic attacks, because thanks to the previous tenants fucking up the pipes we couldn't turn off the water, risking more frozen pipes.

Eventually we threw up our hands and went fuck it. After everything, me and pup REALLY needed a break. We delivered both rabbits to the bunnery - another housemate suck, she was supposed to take hers - and finally got to go to my fosters for Xmas.

...Xmas day. Earache. Manage to not have to take painkillers - just. But things seemed to be calming down.

Then Stupid Housemate phones me up to tell me Swampy has decided to move out in the first week of Jan. Fantastic! Yes! We've been trying to get rid of her since September!

...Except she's said that she's only paying rent for that first week, and fuck us for the rest. She'll lend us the money if we need it.

...Considering Swampy owes Stupid Housemate £2k and me £400...

...Oh. Sorry. Stupid Housemate said that's fine. Stupid housemate let her gat away with it.

We also don't know if S.H. has got the pipes fixed while we're away because she won't *contact* us.

Also to add to misery - how did you spend your New Years? Because I spent mine in the emergency room of the local hospital, trying very hard not to scream in agony because both my ears had gone. I have now been informed that all my doctors have been complete and utter IDIOTS, because I haven't been having ear infections - what I've got is something unpronouncable that needs surgery to fix. So I now have an immunity to penicillin and unnessecary scarring on my eardrum which is probably going to lead to me becoming deaf.

Woo.

And just for the last little piece of the cherry on top...I found out today that a good friend of mine came very close to dying last week. I'm seeing him in the next few days because he has a gift he wants to give me...and to say goodbye.

You know I said I came very close to not seeing the New Year? That's because I nearly attempted suicide. I'm getting help for it and the now-crippling social phobia and panic attacks as soon as I get back to Worcester, because along with all of this stuff, we're still getting evicted in February, we need to find somewhere to live and we need to find jobs. I need to go on a waiting list for yet more surgery.

It's getting very hard to see the point in life.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Wrecks. Suck. Ass. Alex and I were driving around yesterday, looking for apt complexs we liked and we were driving down this one road in the right hand lane... As we were about to go through a green light, the guy in the left hand lane decides that the light is his turn and turns right... IN FRONT OF ME. FROM THE LEFT LANE. I couldn't stop in time and hit him in the back passenger fender. Seemed like everyone's pretty much ok in their car, Alex and I are super sore. Like, hurts to move, want to whimper all the time sore. What's worse? The other guy had his wife and TWO KIDS in the car when he made that jackass move. My car's getting towed off today, I barely made it home b/c the fender is pressed against my front driver's tire (the one that came off in Nov 2009? Yeah, that one) and is tearing at it every time it moves. So we'll find out how much all that costs soon... And whether or not my car is totalled... Chriopractors later today too... So I'll find out if I'm more injured than I think. No open wounds or broken bones though.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

*gives Scum a real big hug* Thoughs of suicide should be taken very seriously. I like to say suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Your problems are very serious and may seem endless, unpassable, and like a wall in front of everything you desire. But this is not true- there will be solutions, they will not be easy ones, it will take time, there will be more trouble, but you will get trough it, and in the end you will be a stronger, wiser and happier person for it.
I believe I have the right to say this kind of thing because I have been there, and it is true.
Please take your feelings seriously, and talk to somebody you can trust. Feel free to rant on here as much as you like. Well, I can't speak for others, but it's fine with me. And I can't fix your problems, but if I can help carrying the load a little by listening, I would be proud to.
Please take care.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

So it's not quite as bad as the other stories being thrown around in here... but I spent two hours tracking down the X-Force issues I wanted to research for my upcoming character in the game... I was up until 3 a.m. reading some last night, nowhere near done... then double-check and find out actually what I was looking for was X-Factor. OH, BALLS.

I feel for everyone else whose coffee has recently been sucking, and I'm here if any of you all want to talk.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Ahh, no running water. You're going to be so handy when I'm getting ready for hopeful interviews! Luckily I still have all the water I stored up but it's going to be difficult as hell, that's for certain.
Threetoe
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Threetoe »

*hugs Scumfish*

When it rains it doesn't just pour, it monsoon's. :( :( :( :( :( I wish I knew what to do or say. Just listen to Elwing's post. I am damn sorry about your ears. 8( (research research research if it won't make you upset) If there is one thing I hate, it is stupid, incompetant physicians. I had an emergency too and one of the ER docs concluded my situation was beyond his expertise. His solution? To send me home, where it got worse. I went back the next day and this other ER doc had never even heard of my secondary medical condition. Spent the holidays in what I can only describe as primal terror. I apologize for all the emo crap that's been flying around guys.

Scumfish, have you thought about just putting out an ad for a new housemate, getting a new one and removing the Stupid Housemate? I wouldn't say to do something like that ordinarily but she sounds like she's just awful and using you.

Or someone could just make a virtual Scumfish's Stupid Roommate Whack-A-Mole game.

*hugs*

You will be in my thoughts.

[Edited on 13/1/11 by Threetoe]
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

New ass! Sam the bitch housemate has decided to not pay any bills for a while (which leads to some petty awesome thread stuff) but leaves us with no internet for the forseeable future. I'm posting this on my phone.

Also, will put up a full-length post about the fact we're going to be homeless within a month thanks to both housemates lying to us and how we're having to decide rent or food thanks to what we thought was our decent housemate stealing all our food and buying herself expensive treats instead of replacing it.

We might be selling her guitar for food and rent money, though...

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

School Registration and Class Adding really shouldn't be this jump-through-hoops difficult. Brains leaking out of ears.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro