this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I get back from the exam, and I'm hot and sweaty because apparently mother nature decided it'll be funny to pick on me today. Seeing that the sun is shining outside, and thunder/lightning/HAIL storm was early this morning, I figured it'll stay nice and warm and sunny all day today, right?

So I went and did the laundry.

I hung the laundry outside.

And I go back inside to finally put my head on the pillow and get some needed rest.

I wake up with the sound of heavy rain. I run out and yank the two loads of laundry I hung outside, getting soaked myself, WHILE IT'S STILL SUNNY (yeah, raining cats and dogs while it's sunny, dear sweet nature threw a rogue cloud right at me) and come inside, dropping the clothes on the sofa, and just when I go and close the door, it stops raining.

And the sun still shines.

And I'm left with a face that actually looks like this: (-_-)

"Jakkals trou met wolf se vrou as dit reen en die son skyn flou."

Sunshower

[Edited on 26/10/2009 by steyn]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

so scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young.
So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun.
Had a talk with my old man, said help me understand.
He said turn 68, you'll renegotiate. Don't stop this train.
Don't for the minute change the place you're in, and don't think I couldn't ever understand,
I tried my hand, tried honestly, we'll never stop this train.

Once in a while when it's good, it'll feel like it should.
And they're all still around, and you're still safe and sound.
And you don't miss a thing until you cry when you're driving away in the dark. Singing, stop this train. I wanna get off and go back home again. I can't take the speed this thing is moving in, I know I can't, 'cause now I see I'm never gonna stop this train...
Hopefully that summarizes how I'm feeling right now.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

steyn wrote:
"Jakkals trou met wolf se vrou as dit reen en die son skyn flou."

Sunshower
Right here, when that happens we say "Het is kermis in de hel". It's fun fair in hell.:)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

It's a good thing I have a healthy appreciation for the way nature humbles us when we think we've outsmarted it. We thought we had braced our Halloween yard decorations sufficiently against the wind.

That is to say until I found our front yard demolished and some of our decorations a block away in the street. And the weather's due to get worse!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Spent four days with H1N1, very much wanting to die, especially on the occasions when my temperature spiked to 103 degrees. Now I'm going to have to ask for an extension on a programming assignment, which frankly embarrasses me; I've never had to do that in my entire college career. Even though the fever's been broken for 24 hours and I can go outside now, I still have that tickle in my throat... it doesn't force me to cough, but if I make even a polite cough, it induces blinding chest pains. Just all the damage I incurred over those four days.

And I gained five pounds over the course of those four days. What the hell?! All I ate was chicken broth! Aren't you supposed to lose weight when your body's fighting the flu? I've never gained that much weight in so short a time!

... And I suppose if I'm worried about my weight again, that means I really am better. Also, I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure my new medication has made me eyes intolerant to contact lenses, so I can't wear them for the next five to six months.

To sum it all up, bugger.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

A little ditty I found for all the Slu sufferers:
I've had some thoughts on fighting flu,
that I would like to share with you...

Washing hands takes much too long,
using soap and singing songs...

Coughing in your elbow's weird,
like saving lunch bits in your beard...

Using sick days when I'm sick,
seems a waste...not how I tick...

Beam, Backwoods, and Dinty stew,
will do much more than Tamiflu,
to keep me strong and get me through,
this spreading, raging FrankenFlu
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I HAVE THE FUCKING FLU!

And I'm at work. Rescheduling the exams this morning is too painful. I'm already dreading rescheduling the ones tomorrow. Hopefully the decision to work for 30 min today to save hours later will not actually result in the death of my poor overworked body.

Also we're having our first test in German class today. I still haven't fully accepted that I have to miss it.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Just got all teary at the thought of missing my test. Yep, it's the flu all right.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My son's first trip to the orthodontist went slightly worse than expected. We knew he would probably need some work. Now we can guess to what extent. Looks like a long time in braces and retainers, plus implants and a couple of oral surgeries are in store for the little guy.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Geeze, that sucks Angelique. I remember my time with braces and retainers. Had to have two of my top teeth pulled. Hated every time we went to the orthodontist, the braces were always uncomfortable, so painful and itchy to the bone, plus the little hooks on the inside that you put the tiny elastic bands on always scraped my inner cheeks. And when he tightened the bracers and cut off the excess wire, then end of the wire also scratched. And the wax they give you to put over those parts if they scratch, it does not work. And then retainers, gah.

Atleast it all paid off. I don't look like some nightmarish monster when I smile. But yeah, hope your son's ordeal will go quick and not so painful. And for goodness sakes, keep bubblegum, taffee, and anything else that sticks when chewing away.

[Edited on 28/10/2009 by steyn]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

He's taking it in good stride, probably because his misaligned teeth aren't exactly comfortable either, he would like to be able to speak more clearly, dental implants sound so sci-fi, and since he's a little old school metalhead, being a metalmouth as well wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Also, we discovered that the good thing about his demonstrated tendency to not develop some permanent teeth- hence the need for implants. He probably won't ever have a problem with impacted wisdom teeth.

Finally, he is so not going to go through the 14 years of orthodontic torture I endured. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with the smile I have, but that was just ridiculous!

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

my internet hasn't been working for about a week now. and barnes and noble starbucks has stopped selling my favorite drink. :(
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phoenixincarnate »

Dont feel bad, I might have to get a gum graft! ( It turns out my gum tissue is slowly riping away from my bottom teeth:yech )
...PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
BitterBamfing
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BitterBamfing »

Phoenixincarnate wrote:Dont feel bad, I might have to get a gum graft! ( It turns out my gum tissue is slowly riping away from my bottom teeth:yech )
:shocked arggg that sounds horrific I hope that doesn't hurt too bad.

[Edited on 29/10/09 by BitterBamfing]
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phoenixincarnate »

It dosent hurt, but my dentist says eaither that or the orthodonist...:X
...PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Argh. After a few weeks of fairly normal health levels (read: not as good as everyone elses, but had nothing but the fatigue and occasional pain to fight against) my body has now flipped back into shitmode.

Spent the day with a 'fake stroke' - basically, one side of my body went completely numb and my head seriously hurt, also couldn't make sense of simple things. And now I have chronic nausea again.

Goddamnit, couldn't you wait until after next Tuesday to do this?
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I want braces to fix the gap between my front teeth. I never noticed before I started speaking SLOWLY AND LOUDLY AND CAREFULLY for work but the "shh" sound whistles in the space if I make it too strong. It's been driving me crazy.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

My laptop's starting to really screw up. I don't even know if I've got the loan yet, and even if I have it'll be at least a week before I get a new one.

Please let this one last that long. Then I can wipe it and build it as my business laptop.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Scumfish wrote: Spent the day with a 'fake stroke'
What the hell is a fake stroke?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Croc, read on, he explains right after he says that.
Spent the day with a 'fake stroke' - basically, one side of my body went completely numb and my head seriously hurt, also couldn't make sense of simple things
[Edited on 30/10/2009 by steyn]
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Stupid flu is making my right ear hurt and clog up, completely even when I'm lying down. Considering that throat-infections always wander straight to my ears AND my mother's right ear has turned deaf because of pressure and stress interactions I'm starting to be concerned :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Sorry to hear that, Freak. At least your avatar is worthy of the "astounding" thread, however.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

steyn wrote:Croc, read on, he explains right after he says that.
Spent the day with a 'fake stroke' - basically, one side of my body went completely numb and my head seriously hurt, also couldn't make sense of simple things
Those are the basic symptoms of stroke.

Hence: "what the hell is a fake stroke?"

[Edited on 1/11/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

A fake stroke is one that carries the symptoms of a stroke but doesn#t involve your heart skipping out, easy as that.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Crocodile Hunter wrote:
steyn wrote:Croc, read on, he explains right after he says that.
Those are the basic symptoms of stroke.

Hence: "what the hell is a fake stroke?"

[Edited on 1/11/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
To clear up and clarify.

I do not have strokes. However, I have what is known as 'phantom strokes' - things that at first glance can be mistaken for a stroke (as what happened when I had the first one and ended up in A&E) but are not caused by the usual - clotting, bleeds on the brain, shit like that.

Therefore, they're 'fake strokes' because they are not actual ones, braincells are not destroyed and I don't lose part of my brain. All they are is a symptom caused by the Chairi not allowing spinal fluid to drain properly from the back of the brain, causing a build up of pressure - which can cause a replication of symptoms from MS to Epilepsy.

Better?