this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Grandma had surgery to remove a tumor on her colon, and she got her pathology results back today. It's spread, and she has to have chemo.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That sucks, Tears. I'm so sorry.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Okay, so this isn't cancer ass coffee or anything like that. Had to take the car in for an annual service, and it had several things that needed to be replaced. So instead of the smallish amount of money for the small service, the final fee tripled with all the things that needed to be replaced. Okay, if that had to be, it had to be. But then after the driver picked me up to take me back to the service garage, the service place phoned and said that they ordered the wrong brake pads, and the correct ones will only come in friday, which means my car wasn't roadworthy and I won't be getting it until friday. Wasted an hour and half driving there and back again, because the driver had to drop off other customers first.

Now the assiest thing is that there is a problem with the engine that can only be fixed by paying about the same amount of money as the car's trade in value. SO that means I need to get that fixed as well, and then start looking for another car. I really liked this one too. Never broke down on me.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Nothing like someone's bigotry costing me $600+. However, the spiteful revenge of informing everyone back home just *why* this is shall at least be a reward.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Tonight, they're pulling everything that is keeping my grandmother alive. She was no Gee (my grandmother on my mother's side who I miss immensely) but she was very kind and very sweet to me and it sucks for my father.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Apparently the things that need fixing on my car can take up to a month to fix.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That sounds like they're giving you bull or your car needs to be totaled. I've never heard of any car repair taking over a week. Are they SCHEDULING you for a month later and holding your car 'til then?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

There is an oil leak in the engine, they know what the problem is and told me... i just cant remember what they told me... got the quote back at home. Anyway what the have to do is to get to the parts the need to take the engine out, and only then properly inspect the parts. If it is a minor problem then it will take a little over two weeks. But if they need to completely replace the parts then they will have to order the new parts from japan. Subaru parts are finicky. For example my sister had to replace her subaru forrester's shocks. She took it to a well known shocks and tyre place and when they looked at the shocks, they said they had never seen parts like that before. Which meabt sis had to go to the subaru center to get her shocks replaced.

Btw. Havent scheduled a time for tge service. First need to figure out a car to use during the time mine would be at subaru.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

So I get home from visiting my dad after 22 hours of being awake (in an attempt to fix my sleeping pattern) and all I really want to do is go to bed and sleep. What do I find? A group of youths smoking weed in the communal area of my building. This is slightly alarming as, aside from the fact they don't even LIVE here, weed is a trigger scent for my migraines.

So, after pissing in the garden, they leave and I think 'thank god. now I can sleep.' But nope. They were only going to the shop on the corner so they come back and get in again (somehow) then, after ten minutes and pissing INSIDE the communal area, they set off the fire alarm and fuck off.

So instead of sleeping, I have to call my landlord. Who then tells me to call the fire department even though there's no fire. So then my neighbours and I wait. And the police get there first so we explain what happened and blah blah blah. Then the fire department show up - fire engine and everything with their blue lights and all I can think is 'what a waste of taxpayers money this is...'

So. I know what you're all wanting to know now. How many fire men does it take to turn off a fire alarm? The answer is four... and a police man.

Alarm finally off, I give the the fire team leader the number for the landlord so they can tell them to get the fucking alarm reset and fixed and go off to bed.

Woke up with a migraine. FML.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Had to take our car to the mechanic yesterday, heard back today that it's fucked.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Louis C.K. talks about death and dying, and being single and kinda nails how I feel now.

It's nice to be morbid but still be the kind of personality that seeks out COMEDY when I feel this way.

Still, don't you just think it'd be easier? :X :X
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

So... It's been a morning. We woke up to a text from my cousin that their house was on fire, which had been sent at 2 AM. Thankfully, they all got out of the house, pets included, but I guess the damage is pretty bad, as the fire was electrical. Then, Matt calls to tell me he got a speeding ticket on his way to work, which just sucks on top of the engine being fried in the usual car and the fire.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Our cat Stormageddon went into preterm labor this morning, then met up with complications that required some medical/veterinary intervention.

We ended up losing the whole litter. The most heartbreaking thing is that Stormie (who thankfully is healthy depsite what she's endured and is likely to recover fully) keeps wandering back to her basket and crying.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So my dad shattered the back window of his SUV in a freak garage door related accident of the likes that only happens to him. The bad part about this is that we have had his other car for two months because our car is STILL in the shop from when it was stolen. Now he needs it back. No car for me.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Having spent the last couple of months with some new symptoms I really should have been paying attention to but finally started to broadside me when the exhaustion set in, I went for an emergency doctor appt today.

I have a preliminary disagnosis, bar a couple of bloodtests, of ME - otherwise known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

FML.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Your dad deserves a darwin award at this point, despite none of his things having killed him yet Slarti. LOL

Sorry to hear that Scum - it's not an easy thing to have on top of all the other things you've got going on. Stupid bodies anyways. Hang in there. ;)
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

On the other hand, we just sunk a ridiculous amount of money into a new engine for the stupid car, and the other tire is likely to blow out as well. There weren't any places open to get new tires by the time the one was changed out for the spare. ><
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So work put me on the schedule for 4 days in a row of dishes.

Putting my two weeks in Friday if they can't transfer me to a different store.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

There was an attempted murder and rape back home. What the hell, Mercer county, what the hell?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

We were supposed to get the car back today. Guess what? No car.

Imma start killing people soon.

Real soon.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I've been in my second ms relapse within a year for the past 4 weeks. The last week has been filled with nerve pain that is best described as a very bad sunburn feeling over my left side - arm, face, hip, back. Clothes suck, with an extra suckage factor on bra and panties. Alas, you can't go walking around naked, or with your boobs around your knees, so you're stuck. Seeing neuro tomorrow thankfully and we'll see if it needs steroids or if there is another way of treating it.
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Only Skin »

Holy shit! for all of you in this thread. :(

I woke up to several piles of dog vomit. Stepped out my bedroom this morning, and first thing I did was step into a pile of wet, gross vomit. JOY! then as I moved about, there were more piles. My poor 3 year old puppy. We have a friend visiting from Ontario, and schedules have been off, and I think it's finally taken a toll on her. So, at 5 am, I was up cleaning vomit. In several places. Before coffee.

But, after reading what everyone else has posted in this thread, I feel like I might as well have just complained about a hang nail. I hope everyone recovers/have recovered from their problems.
MOAR WINE.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

LOL Only Skin. Man, I cannot count the times I've stepped in vomit (or worse cold poo that squishes between your toes). SO NOT the way to wake up in the morning. This thread is for all woes, little or big. Everyone's experience is their own - no one gets points for having bigger issues or what not. ;)

Hope your day is less vomit filled!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

It's all good (or ass, lol) Only Skin... I too have known that joy of the surprise barefoot squish into doggie leavings.

My ass for today is minor too, but still annoying. I got chiggers. I haaate those little bloodsucking bastards. So, soaking in a tub before I scratch myself bloody, lotioning up, then going to bed. I'm so done with this day, lol.
Only Skin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Only Skin »

ACK!
Chiggers? I cannot STAND bugs. Huge fear of mine. Irrational fear, but still a fear. With their exoskeleton-better-than-you selves. GAH!
I hope you feel better soon!

No more vomit, it's better now.
My new complaint is when people contact me with others' work and want me to recreate it with minor differences that could probably be done by the originator.
"Can you remake this (hideous to begin with) collar, only in hot pink with *somestupidshit* embroidered on it?"
Uh, yeah, NO.
Not into recreating others' work, especially if it's ugly. And there's NO recreating around the ugly.
MOAR WINE.