Nightcrawler's Family Tree

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

originally posted by Bamfette

that Mystique... she sure does get around, doesnt she? but DAMN! that father of his is a regular MAN-SLUT! hee!

anyway. a couple notes. this tree is to show Nightcrawler's relatives, and i don't go further than that. so yes, Destiny has other children, and yes, Rogue's birth parents are known, they are not shown because they are of no relation to Nightcrawler. i'll add a little bit of text in a bit to explain the relationships a bit better.

here is the cronological series of events as we know them thus far, as relating to Kurt.

Births/adoptionsand the events that led to them:

- Mystique, while married to a german Nobleman by the name of Christian Wagner, gave birth to Kurt.

- However, he is infact the result of an extramarital affair, and Christian Wagner is NOT his biological father. Azzy also sired several other children by different women around this same time, including Abyss who is a little bit younger than Kurt, and Kiwi Black who is a bit older.

- Mystique abandoned her infant son after the townsfolk became upset over this 'demon' child.

- Margali Szardos was given Kurt, and took him in. She raised him as her own with her two children from a previous relationship(s?), Jimaine and Stefan

- Mystique, on the run after abandoning Kurt, encountered Sabretooth in the woods. He offered passage to Canada in exchange for sexual favours. She manipulated the situation so that Creed was captured, but she became pregnant with Graydon.

- Graydon was born, and she raised him until puberty. When it became clear that he was not a mutant, she abandoned him. (a little help on this one, please)

- Mystique, in a relationship with Irene Adler, Destiny, adopted Rogue and raised her as her own, but with the purpose of her adding to the ranks of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

- Mystique posed as Mallory Brickman, the wife of a senator. Together, they adopted Gloria Brickman. Wether Mystique killed the original Mallory and took her place, or this is a persona she adopted to marry into a position of power is not clear.

How Kurt learned of the relationships:

While fighting the Brotherhood for the first time, Kurt noticed Mystique looked similar to him in colouration, with blue skin and yellow eyes. He found this suspicious and commented on it, to which Mystique replied: "Ask... your mother, Margali Szardos. Who would know better than she?" implying knowlege of Kurt's adoptive parents. Had she kept tabs on him all this time? it was later confirmed in X-Men Unlimited #4 when, tricked by Graydon, Kurt and Rogue came face to face with Graydon, learning Kurt's relation to Mystique through Graydon and Raven's own words. Though both these people are not exaclty what you would call trustworthy, Graydon claimed to have supporting doccuments, and he and Mystique's stories matched when told independently, and Mystique thought she was talking to Graydon when she was infact telling her story to Kurt in disguise. In that one meeting, Kurt learned his relation to Mystique, Graydon, and Rogue. Later, Kurt was drawn to the Isla Des Demonas with a number of his (unbeknownst to him at the time) half siblings, where they were to create a portal to this dimension from his 'Bamf' dimension. Well, the X-Men intervened and the portal imploded, trapping Kurt, his (now mostly deceased) siblings and the X-Men in the other hell-like dimension. After being invited to Azazel's dining hall, Kurt learned of his relatonship to him, and the other mutants involved in creating the portal, including Abyss and Kiwi Black.

Kurt likely is not aware of the Brickmans at all.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

:? Ummm, at the risk of this being a stupid question-what about Nighty's AU kids? I mean, shouldn't they be in there too?
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Thunder Chicken »

1) I think the tree is just of people related to Kurt in 616. So, no kids yet.

2) Am I supposed to have any idea who this Kiwi Black person is or is he new?

:austen
Exodus
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Exodus »

Originally posted by Thunder Chicken2) Am I supposed to have any idea who this Kiwi Black person is or is he new?
I've never heard of him either. :p

I'm also not sure I like the idea of Abyss being related to Nightcrawler.. I hope because of this new info that he doesn't have some elf-like appearance. I like him the way he was.
:bamf :rogue :abyss :stefan :jillmask
I will reach a positive post count someday!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Kiwi Black is introduced next ish. sorry 'bout that.

Abyss's relation to Kurt makes perfect sense, actually. and it is that relation htat makes the Draco arc possible. it is tied to the end of Casey's X-Corps arc.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Oh, and for those interested in more info concerning Abyss, go to my site, url in my sig :D
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

O, I never would of thought that Abyss would be a sibling of Kurt? Who'd of thought? Oh, right... the person who wrote how they were related. I'm so stupid, but that makes me SPECIAL *sister coughs out* ED
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Originally posted by Bamfette
Kiwi Black is introduced next ish. sorry 'bout that.
No problem, but it does explain some things. Like why everyone else has a nice, color portrait while Kiwi has a black and white sketchy deal.

Oh and WOOOOO! Abyss! :abyss He's such a cutey.

Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Machina »

Abyss being Kurt's brother is so freakin cool. When I heard this I went through the back issue with Abyss and it was all there the way he looks and his mutant powers. Bamfette do you know and allowed to tell us how Chuck came up with this Brilliant idea with Abyss? Was this somthing that Marvel had planned because how he looked and Chuck went with it?....Or was it that he took one look at Abyss and the idea came to him...I can't wait to see Kiwi Black.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Is it okay to post this info that is revealed here Off the board.

The whole Abyss and Kiwi thing???

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

We want to keep it on the board only til the issue comes out, if you don't mind ;)
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I think someone brought this up on the old thread, but shouldn't there be a red line from Mystique/Wanger to Kurt, and a different black line from Azzy/Mysitque to Kurt? 'Cause if Wagner had lived long enough, Kurt would have been his illegitimate son.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

.... ok, the way i am doing it is the person who she had the affair WITH is in red. the person she was married to legally, the one who was wronged, is in black. the reason the relationship with Christian Wagner is in black is because it was the legitimate, legal marriage at the time.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Just a little Nit-pick:

It's Baron Wagner according to 428, not Count
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Hmm ... I wonder who the fourth child of Azazel is.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
O, I never would of thought that Abyss would be a sibling of Kurt? Who'd of thought? Oh, right... the person who wrote how they were related. I'm so stupid, but that makes me SPECIAL *sister coughs out* ED
Actually...if you look at that pic of Nils up there (here's a bigger version...from Ryan's site :))...stick a nose on that sucker and he looks just like his big brother :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Bamfette
.... ok, the way i am doing it is the person who she had the affair WITH is in red. the person she was married to legally, the one who was wronged, is in black. the reason the relationship with Christian Wagner is in black is because it was the legitimate, legal marriage at the time.
Oh, ok. Didn't mean to nitpick, I just didn't know if you had seen someone else ask it before the hack.

I can't wait to see better pictures of Kiwi Black :D
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Actually, the Nightcrawler family tree is becoming even more complicated than the Grey/Summers family tree.
And with someone like Azazel around -whose age defies time-, it has a REALLY strong potential.
How many children does this demon really have ? Four ? Forty ? Four hundred ???
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

I thought his apparent youth had to do with this other dimension. Like maybe that time passed differently there. That way Azazel could pop out for a while, make some babies, then pop back in and hang out while time sped by in the other dimension.

NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

That makes sense! But I thought he was kinda like Mystique and how they could surpress their ageing process. I would truly want to be able to do that! I could live forever!!! Muah ha ha ha. But there are a few things that wouldn't make sense that way...
Dr Nightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dr Nightcrawler »

I thought Mystique got pregnant with Graydon Creed by posing as a spy?
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Sorte Springer »

Yes! Nightcerawler has a brother called "Nils" I like that.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Who's Kiwi Black, by the way?? I've never seen or heard of him.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

That's cause he's never been seen or heard of yet. He was shown in the last page of 429 and will be more prominant as The Draco continues.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Will the third sibling be revealed during Draco? It looks like it's some big secret (Or Jill leaving a space incase Chuck makes his teasing come true..............)