originally posted by Bamfette
that Mystique... she sure does get around, doesnt she? but DAMN! that father of his is a regular MAN-SLUT! hee!
anyway. a couple notes. this tree is to show Nightcrawler's relatives, and i don't go further than that. so yes, Destiny has other children, and yes, Rogue's birth parents are known, they are not shown because they are of no relation to Nightcrawler. i'll add a little bit of text in a bit to explain the relationships a bit better.
here is the cronological series of events as we know them thus far, as relating to Kurt.
Births/adoptionsand the events that led to them:
- Mystique, while married to a german Nobleman by the name of Christian Wagner, gave birth to Kurt.
- However, he is infact the result of an extramarital affair, and Christian Wagner is NOT his biological father. Azzy also sired several other children by different women around this same time, including Abyss who is a little bit younger than Kurt, and Kiwi Black who is a bit older.
- Mystique abandoned her infant son after the townsfolk became upset over this 'demon' child.
- Margali Szardos was given Kurt, and took him in. She raised him as her own with her two children from a previous relationship(s?), Jimaine and Stefan
- Mystique, on the run after abandoning Kurt, encountered Sabretooth in the woods. He offered passage to Canada in exchange for sexual favours. She manipulated the situation so that Creed was captured, but she became pregnant with Graydon.
- Graydon was born, and she raised him until puberty. When it became clear that he was not a mutant, she abandoned him. (a little help on this one, please)
- Mystique, in a relationship with Irene Adler, Destiny, adopted Rogue and raised her as her own, but with the purpose of her adding to the ranks of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
- Mystique posed as Mallory Brickman, the wife of a senator. Together, they adopted Gloria Brickman. Wether Mystique killed the original Mallory and took her place, or this is a persona she adopted to marry into a position of power is not clear.
How Kurt learned of the relationships:
While fighting the Brotherhood for the first time, Kurt noticed Mystique looked similar to him in colouration, with blue skin and yellow eyes. He found this suspicious and commented on it, to which Mystique replied: "Ask... your mother, Margali Szardos. Who would know better than she?" implying knowlege of Kurt's adoptive parents. Had she kept tabs on him all this time? it was later confirmed in X-Men Unlimited #4 when, tricked by Graydon, Kurt and Rogue came face to face with Graydon, learning Kurt's relation to Mystique through Graydon and Raven's own words. Though both these people are not exaclty what you would call trustworthy, Graydon claimed to have supporting doccuments, and he and Mystique's stories matched when told independently, and Mystique thought she was talking to Graydon when she was infact telling her story to Kurt in disguise. In that one meeting, Kurt learned his relation to Mystique, Graydon, and Rogue. Later, Kurt was drawn to the Isla Des Demonas with a number of his (unbeknownst to him at the time) half siblings, where they were to create a portal to this dimension from his 'Bamf' dimension. Well, the X-Men intervened and the portal imploded, trapping Kurt, his (now mostly deceased) siblings and the X-Men in the other hell-like dimension. After being invited to Azazel's dining hall, Kurt learned of his relatonship to him, and the other mutants involved in creating the portal, including Abyss and Kiwi Black.
Kurt likely is not aware of the Brickmans at all.