who/what is this Azazel guy, anyway?

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

that's Newsarama. they hate everything. ;) especioally IcarusX, and a few others there. they go from interview to interview nitpicking and trying to get people to agree in this crusade against Chuck, it's pathetic. don't pay attention to what the other people like. do you like it? it's fine if you don't, but if you do, don't let the naysayers convince you to not like it, either.

the disguise doeshave an explanation, which i think is safe to reveal... but i can't say TOO much, either. It's... magic. sorta. of the same variety Margali uses. Azazel was the one who instructed Margali. but... well, i'll let you find out the rest on your own. ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I figured it was some kind of cloaking spell...or else a telepathic comrade/underling made people think they saw a handsome fellow rather than the devil incarnate when they looked at him...of course, that would mean the telepathic comrade/underling was in close proximity when Azzy and Raven got it on...and that would just be wrong...I'll stick with the cloaking spell...it's not so disturbing...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Thunder Chicken »

Originally posted by Bamfette

the disguise doeshave an explanation, which i think is safe to reveal... but i can't say TOO much, either. It's... magic. sorta. of the same variety Margali uses. Azazel was the one who instructed Margali. but... well, i'll let you find out the rest on your own. ;)
You know, you're making me worry that maybe Azzy is Jemaine/Amanda's father, thus adding exponentially more ick to their already ick filled relationship. If that is true, and that's how Kurt treats his half siblings, maybe Nils should think about getting a restraining order :naughty

:austen
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt's actually younger than Jimaine...so if Azzy didn't approach Margali until he came with his offer of exchanging Kurt-raising for magic teaching...everthing's absoultley icebox.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Yes, but Bamfette said Az was the one who instructed Margali, so there could have been a pre-existing relationship. In which case things get ... questionable.

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Mein Gott, this is getting so confusing!! :die

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I am confused now... Was Margali finding Kurt all planned or something :???? No wait! Don't answer that... I wanna know by myself!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

you did ask.... so here it is in spoiler tags. if you don't wanna know, don't hilight the following: [spoiler]Margali knew Azazel for years before 'finding' Kurt. Azazel rescued Kurt from plummeting to his death at the waterfall, and then gave him to Margali to raise.[/spoiler] but all that will come out in future Uncanny. patience.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Eeeee! Once a week isn't often enough. Did anyone find it odd that Juggernaut was on the cover of Uncanny #430 but not in the issue? Is he gonna come into the story later?
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Oh yeah, nowadays covers don't have anything to do with the actual story inside...:rolleyes:rolleyes
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Yeah; maybe it was just a thing to draw in the Juggy fans to buy the comic without reading it first. I know I do that with the Nighty covers. :blush

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

AHHH!!! I'm so stupid... I shouldn't of asked that question... or had you answer it Bamfette, then not be able to control myself and highlight it... I think I'm way too impulsive!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

SQUEEEEEE! NightPoofer! Your avatar of Soujiro is too cool! :poke Where'd ye get it? :poke

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I got it from http://fireflies.finalheaven.org/index.php?x=icons.txt But that's off topic... So when is that thing about Azazel and Margali gonna happen? In the distant future comics or... I'll just wait until then.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

My question is whether or not Mystique will ever pop up and clarify Kurt's heritage to him.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Originally posted by Siona
My question is whether or not Mystique will ever pop up and clarify Kurt's heritage to him.

~Siona
I think she's supposed to guest star in #431, so I guess she might be explaining a few things then.

My question is, how did Azzy get out of the ... I guess I'll call it the Draco dimension. Is that within his power, and he just needs the ring of teleporters to get the rest of the army out, or what?

NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Originally posted by Thunder Chicken

I think she's supposed to guest star in #431, so I guess she might be explaining a few things then.
Either that, or just raise some more questions. I've noticed that Mystique doesn't really just give out the secrets about herself or others every often. She might give clues but I haven't seen her ever just toss out anything for free, but when she does, she's got something up her sleeve.

~Rurouni Kenshin~
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Yeah, kinda like the first time we learned she was NC's mum; first she was like, "Yeah, I tried to kill you!" but then she gave up her life for him.

She seems to get a real kick out of confusing both the heroes and us readers. :crazed

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I was confused the first time I read about Mystique being Kurt's mom. I like the way the writers of the comics make Mystique so secretive, and crazy! That just makes my day when I read or see an episode that has Mystique fooling around with everyone (not literally physically, mentally).
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Speaking of Mystique...doesn't she have her own comic book now?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Guys? I'm usually more lenient here than I would be in other forums because it's usually not a very busy section.

But please try to stay on-topic?

Asking questions about and speculating on the information posted here is fine.

But complimenting avatars you like and talking about topics that are being discussed elsewhere don't belong here.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Could I post a Mystique Topic here then? I have a lot of Qs that have to be answered.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Yeah, I'd say we need one...since we seem to be wandering from Azzy to her now. :smirk

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

If it's a question about Mystique herself, it should probably go here
viewthread.php?tid=1707

If it's about her involvement and relationship to Kurt, it would be better asked here:
viewthread.php?tid=1708
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Daycrawler »

:) This has answered many of my questions. Althought it always brings more. But I guess I will have to wait until the next three issues arrive. :bawl I hate waiting!!! Specialy because I live on an island in the middle of the Caribean and things get to me two weeks after they get to most people... Wait! Isla de Desmonas is in the Caribean, right? I must find out if it exists! *runs to get a map*
Well, I don't see it, but I do see Isla de Monas, is that close enough? 'Cause if it is, I can get there swimming! *looks for swimming gear*
All set to go help Kurt when the emotional crisis of knowing your life is a lie begins. Poor thing, his mother is a sociopath, his father is the devil and he is the church's first demon/mutant almost priest. His life is a darn irony, isn't it?
Well, to tell the truth, at first it kinda' disturbed me to know that Azazel was (or at least thinks he is) the devil. It gave me chills and didn't let mei sleep at nights. But now I find it extreamly interesting... And who knows, maybe it all turns out good for Nighty and he finally gets a father.... Ok, maybe not the best of fathers, but a father indeed.... OK! There is nothing good about being the offspring of the Ultimate evil, but what else can he do but accept the fact!!! Ugh.... I should make a story, maybe then this post wouldn't be so long..... Sorry for the "testament" of a post...;)
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling