Wolverine: The Movie *UPDATES & SPOILERS*

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

No, it's really Deadpool. Sadly. They butcher him. But, I hear it's just a variance to make his origin work with continuity. So as long as I get red-and-black kickass Deadpool by the end, I'm okay. I think...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

that...sucks...
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Eh... I'm not partial to any of them...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote: And new poster:

http://screencrave.com/2009-03-23/new-x ... al-poster/
Who ARE those people? I can guess Emma, Scott, Jean, and Remy but who's the fat guy with the stubble?

Ooooh, according to IMDB, DANIEL HENNEY is in this movie. (Also that fat guy is Sabretooth.) Daniel Henney is super hot, no idea why people are going on and on and on about the hotness of certain other people in this movie when he is in it. :shifty

He has an equal body and a much cuter face after all.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Does imdb list the people starring in a movie according to popularity or just add the names as they find out who plays in them? If it's popularity I give a schoolgirl giggle inside my head when I see Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool named second, above Liev Schreiber/Sabertooth

[Edited on 25/3/2009 by steyn]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with you Spaz - he's cute. In all fairness there is a lot of hot people in this movie. Of all of them, Ryan Reynolds/Hugh Jackman are the guys I'd be most classically attracted to. All I can say is that it's gonna be nice watching all those guys with a definate lack of spandex boobies for once :).
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

See, I don't find Daniel Henney very attractive, honestly. Of course, I'm not one for oriental folk. :shrug I'm mostly attracted to Taylor (duh), Ryan, and Hugh and even Hugh's a lil iffy. he's too hairy for me. LOL

I have no idea, Steyn. Check their personal imdbs? Maybe it has something to do with where the movie is listed on their 'resume'?
ImageImage

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Esynthia wrote:See, I don't find Daniel Henney very attractive, honestly. Of course, I'm not one for oriental folk. :shrug I'm mostly attracted to Taylor (duh), Ryan, and Hugh and even Hugh's a lil iffy. he's too hairy for me. LOL

I have no idea, Steyn. Check their personal imdbs? Maybe it has something to do with where the movie is listed on their 'resume'?
He's about as Oriental as Obama is African. ;)

Ryan Reynolds has got that same weasely frat boy look that turns me off from Taylor. (See also: Colin Farrell, Ashton Kutcher)

IMDB listings are based on their billing in the movie. So the star is always at the top. So, uh, I guess Beak has a large role in this film? :?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
Esynthia wrote:See, I don't find Daniel Henney very attractive, honestly. Of course, I'm not one for oriental folk. :shrug I'm mostly attracted to Taylor (duh), Ryan, and Hugh and even Hugh's a lil iffy. he's too hairy for me. LOL

He's about as Oriental as Obama is African. ;)

Ryan Reynolds has got that same weasely frat boy look that turns me off from Taylor. (See also: Colin Farrell, Ashton Kutcher)

IMDB listings are based on their billing in the movie. So the star is always at the top. So, uh, I guess Beak has a large role in this film? :?
what would you prefer I call him then? He *looks* oriental, and its that *look* that I don't like.
ImageImage

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

He's half white and all American, but call him anything but Oriental. I guess you don't know that "Oriental" is on par with "Negro" nowadays.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

That I did not know. So I gues the right term now is Asian? Question, what about the terms Orient, or Orient Express?

[Edited on 26/3/2009 by steyn]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Yeah, Asian is better.

Wikipedia!
It is worth remembering, though, that Oriental is not an ethnic slur to be avoided in all situations. It is most objectionable in contemporary contexts and when used as a noun, as in the appointment of an Oriental to head the commission. In these cases Asian (or a more specific term such as Vietnamese, Korean, or Asian American, if appropriate) is the only acceptable term. But in certain historical contexts, or when its exotic connotations are integral to the topic, Oriental remains a useful term.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Ok, fine. I don't like the "Asian look". :P sorry. I just get agitated with PC stuff sometimes.

also, typo ftw, spaz?
The Drastic Spastic wrote: Wikipedia!
It is worth remembering, though, that Oriental is not an ethnic slur to be avoided in all situations.

and this has gotten a bit off topic... so putting it back on...

the international posters say April 29th and I know that there was rumors that it was gonna be released then here in the US, but our posters still say May 1st. anybody know what's going on and when it's actually coming out in the states?

[Edited on 3/27/2009 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

how's that a typo? It's not to be avoided at all times. What would you call the orient express then, asian express? That sounds more like a fast food place.

Back to topic,

Look at esy's banner! Gambit shoots frikken playing cards out of his wrists like spiderman!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

steyn wrote:how's that a typo? It's not to be avoided at all times. What would you call the orient express then, asian express? That sounds more like a fast food place.
Mmm...

I didn't know this.

To describe a person as Oriental is considered to be impolite and politically incorrect by some in the United States, Canada and Ireland; the term Asian is now widely used. In the United States Oriental refers to objects and material good such as rugs and teapots. However, the term Oriental does not carry any such connotations in the United Kingdom, where the word Asian commonly refers to people of Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Sri Lankan descent. (These people are called South Asians in the United States.)
Funny, I didn't even know that.
But I guess that means the Orient Express is called Orient Express.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Esynthia wrote:Ok, fine. I don't like the "Asian look". :P sorry. I just get agitated with PC stuff sometimes.

also, typo ftw, spaz?
It is worth remembering, though, that Oriental is not an ethnic slur to be avoided in all situations.
Yeah... and then it goes on to explain when it is to be avoided. So "Orient Express" is okay because it's historical, but in a "contemporary context" (or "now" if those words are too hard for you) it is rude and insulting. So calling an actor who is going to be in an upcoming movie "Oriental" makes you look either 80 years old or extremely ignorant (or both). You have to read the whole paragraph. It explains it perfectly. That's why I posted the whole thing, and not just the first sentence. Uh huh.

Kind of like how negro is still okay as a name for wine. But not a person.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
Esynthia wrote:Ok, fine. I don't like the "Asian look". :P sorry. I just get agitated with PC stuff sometimes.

also, typo ftw, spaz?
Yeah... and then it goes on to explain when it is to be avoided. So "Orient Express" is okay because it's historical, but in a "contemporary context" (or "now" if those words are too hard for you) it is rude and insulting. So calling an actor who is going to be in an upcoming movie "Oriental" makes you look either 80 years old or extremely ignorant (or both). You have to read the whole paragraph. It explains it perfectly. That's why I posted the whole thing, and not just the first sentence. Uh huh.

Kind of like how negro is still okay as a name for wine. But not a person.
Ok, first of all, I don't appreciate you calling me idiotic by saying that those words would be "too hard for me" because I am anything but. I am an educated woman and should be treated as such.

Secondly, I was just teasing you with the typo thing, not trying to insult you.

Third, I *did* read the entire paragraph however, the fact that I used the word "Oriental" instead of "Asian" should not have been this much of an issue. No, I did not realize it was an insult now and days so yes, I guess I was "ignorant" about it. To the best of my knowledge, where I live it's not exactly an 'insult' yet, so since I have not run across anyone correcting me about it before would in fact make me ignorant to it and I will openly admit that.

But this is a thread about the Wolverine movie, so I think this has gone on for too long.

Back to the reason this thread was started:

Yeah, Steyn, I don't get that either... I think so far, beyond Gambit's eyes, that's the only thing I'm not fond of with him. But maybe they'll explain it in the movie? ><

[Edited on 3/27/2009 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Okay, this has steered way off topic, and if it continues will just get pointlessly ugly. Everybody please just let it go and get back to the movie. Thanks.

:)

[Edited on 27-3-2009 by Slarti]
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

New HD pics!

pics of Wolverine, Gambit, Sabretooth, and Deadpool :D they're awesome!
ImageImage

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

So...how do you guys feel about the leak?

New Wolverine movie leaked online
Thursday, 2 April 2009

A copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine starring Hugh Jackman has been leaked online almost a month before its cinema release.

A high-quality work print has surfaced on internet file-sharing websites.

The copy is reportedly incomplete, without some of the special effects and additional scenes.

The leak comes almost a month before the movie's Australian and UK release on April 29, and the May 1 release date in the US.

Jackman and 20th Century Fox are due to unveil "world exclusive" finished footage from the film at a press conference in Sydney next week.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine sees Jackman return to the role of the clawed mutant and follows his quest for revenge after his girlfriend is murdered.

The film also stars Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds and Will.i.am.

Comment was being sought from 20th Century Fox.

http://www.mywestnet.com.au/news/articl ... icle=12273
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

I'm a little upset about it honestly and I refuse to watch it. I'm going to wait and pay my money to see it. I think its extremely shady and wrong that someone leaked it.
ImageImage

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I have to say that I'm disappointed about the leak. It's temptation, I know, with all the fans that excited to see it, but watching it half done and then rewatching it done would wreck that whole 'wow' factor that I'm looking for in the theater. It's like peeking in the closet before Christmas.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

It's basically just those kind of people, not sure if you know any, but I do, that wouldn't pay for going to the movies, but would rather be the first to see the movie on their tv/pc, just to say, "Yeah, I saw it, looked stupid, glad I didn't waste my money to watch it at the theatre". Frankly why would anyone want to watch a pixelated crappy compressed movie on a small screen (and if they put it on a big screen it looks worse because it gets blurry) than watch it in a large dark room, loud sound, and on the silver screen amongst several other people who "Oooh" and "Ahhh" at the cool bits.
Give me the theatre anytime. That's how a movie's supposed to be viewed.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Amen, Steyn, Amen. and yeah, there's somebody who's doing that over on gambitguild. I think we chased him away b/c we were bitching at him... LOL
ImageImage