Wolverine: The Movie *UPDATES & SPOILERS*

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I want my wow at the theater. This is all a sham... Sham- wow. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. TROLL TROLL TROLL

But seriously, nothing beats the atmosphere of a brand new movie release. I'm gonna wear my new nightcrawler shirt...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Well, I have to admit I think that this is in fact a pretty interesting way to see whether you'd like the movie or not, kind of like a prolonged preview (since the leaked copy isn't complete yet).Though, to be fair, the same could probably be achieved by waiting one or two days after the official release.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:No, it's really Deadpool. Sadly. They butcher him. But, I hear it's just a variance to make his origin work with continuity. So as long as I get red-and-black kickass Deadpool by the end, I'm okay. I think...
Well...seeing as Ryan's been a fan of the character since the '90s...

I have no plans to see the movie right now...I'm not a huge fan of Wolverine...or of even going to the movies. I only went three times last year...they're just too darn expensive!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Just as long he makes jokes and end up looking like a cross between Ryan and a shar-pei, I'll be glad to watch it.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

LMAO, Steyn! was that out before Ryan was cast as Deadpool? Because that would be amazing.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

"I remember somebody handing me an episode of the comic," explains the actor, a fan of the sharp-witted Marvel creation since the '90s. "Inside there was a caption where a character asks Deadpool what he looks like underneath the mask, and he replies, 'I look like a cross between a shar-pei and Ryan Renolds.'" He laughs, "So at that moment I thought, I've got to play this guy at some point in my life - even Deadpool wants me to play him." ~ Empire magazine, May 2009...they have a brief interview with all the main cast members...

[Edited on 3-4-2009 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

it was out since around april 2004 I think.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

HAHAHA That is AMAZING!
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-movie-d ... -rob-5628/

Wtf, I mean, w.t.f. what's up with those metal things out of his arms?!? At least deadpool looks good flying in the air like that in that screenshot.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

[rquote=33687871&tid=9881&author=steyn]http://screenrant.com/wolverine-movie-d ... -rob-5628/

Wtf, I mean, w.t.f. what's up with those metal things out of his arms?!? At least deadpool looks good flying in the air like that in that screenshot.[/rquote]

Well, it looks like they screwed up the impossible, eh?

Or
I can see Deadpool purposely strapping blades on his arms in a comedic sense, to one-up Wolverine if you will.
Now, this I would understand, Deadpool psyching out his enemies and all.

No character has been an exact look alike to their comic counterpart, so let’s skip past that. Wouldn’t the character be enjoyable if he has the same sense of humor? If he “breaks the 4th wall” like ‘pool does so frequently? If he is still a bad ass, and the only thing sharper than his wit is his blade? I think I’d be pleased if he met those qualities, and those wouldn’t be too hard for the writers to do.
*Cough* Bullshit *cough*

I personally hate these people, whenever something is fucked up, they show up and say that what matters is not the outside of the character but the inside and not the way he/she looks, like it is somehow acceptable that the movie makes keep ruining the characters and (like said in the original thread) the things that made them popular.

[Edited on 8/4/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

yeah, there are certain criteria that needs met to satisfy those that have been demanding a Gambit and Deadpool and maybe even blob or agent zero. I hear the action is way worth it, but at what price? I want my merc with a mouth.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Just once, just one freaking time I want deadpool to look straight at the camera or say something that would break the fourth wall, or heck, give me yellow post-its of his thoughts.

[Edited on 8/4/2009 by steyn]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

They won't do yellow boxes. Maybe an interior monologue... And yeah. I'd love it if he looked at the camera at the end credits and said "Yeah, I know. I kicked ass in this movie..." even if it isn't true.
NinjaMisha
Lubber
Lubber

Post by NinjaMisha »

A friend got the leaked version....I saw it.
If you want to enjoy any of the movie you should abandon ALL hope of it being good. The lower the expectation the better. I have never EVER been more disapointed in a movie :(
I only pray that by the time the real thing comes out MOST of the movie will have changed. Oddly enough, Will I Am's character wasn't bad...actually, I hope his movie role will bring the character back in the comics ( Not the Ultimate version! ) . But Deadpool.....oh dear god.... :(
If they keep the ending the same...I don't know how they could possible do a Deadpool movie. :(
Now, I'm not saying don't watch it...I just saying don't expect it to be good. Then you might be pleasantly surprised :)
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, I heard a ton of spoilers. But I always go in with low expectations, so no worries. But yes. Deadpool is ruined. I don't understand after the awesomeness of Hulk and Iron Man, Marvel Movies could produce something so messed up. It makes no sense. I won't boycott the movie (hell, I'm going to the midnight premiere) but you can bet your ass I'll be screaming boo when the ruined Deadpool emerges.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:They won't do yellow boxes. Maybe an interior monologue... And yeah. I'd love it if he looked at the camera at the end credits and said "Yeah, I know. I kicked ass in this movie..." even if it isn't true.

that's why I said post-its, you know, sticky notes. But clearly from NinjaMisha's post, that's also not happening. -_-

Mind you, isn't Wolverine:Origins different from that of Hulk and Iron Man? The way it was written and made. It's like Iron Man and Hulk are in different AUs from Fantastic Four movies, and Daredevil movie and elektra movie and X-Men franchise movies

[Edited on 8/4/2009 by steyn]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

yeah, but I didn't want the good movie streak to end with freaking Wolverine....
NinjaMisha
Lubber
Lubber

Post by NinjaMisha »

I could be very wrong, but I believe that the Wolverine movie ( like the other x titles) wasn't done by marvel, like Hulk and Iron Man. They can't do any X-titles for the same reason that Marvel Movies ( or whatever they are calling themselves) won't do a Spiderman movie. They lost the rights.
This is what I have been told anyways. I haven't done any online research ( 'cause I'm laaazzzyy).

In any case, thats the only way I can reason why the marvel movies can go from one OMG FREAKIN' GREAT marvel movie to OMG WHY GOD WHY IS IT SO BAD marvel movie.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Marvel can't lose the rights to their own characters... That doesn't make sense.

However, the main company behind this movie is Fox. Is that who was behind Hulk and Iron Man?

Also, I know this is a "spoliers" thread, but please don't post spoilers from the leaked movie. Fox is cracking down on people who leaked/posted it anywhere and I really don't want anything to happen to this site.
ImageImage

NinjaMisha
Lubber
Lubber

Post by NinjaMisha »

I'll say no more about the film then. I tried not to spoil anything with my rant, hopefully I didnt.
What I meant to say was that Marvel Studios doesn't own the rights to the X films. They belong to 20th Century Fox. So, and again I could be wrong, any future X-titles would have to come from them.
Marvel Studios are the ones who produced IronMan and Hulk.
Here is the wiki page for Marvel Studios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

It would've been nice to see what they could do with X-Men :(
Too late for that though :(

[Edited on 8/4/09 by NinjaMisha]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

*looks at marvel studios' list of movies to come* Cool. Runaways.

But where does it say they don't have the rights to the X-Films? I Can just see that they co-produced the movies with other distributors, but my eyes seem to fail me when I'm looking for the "not owning rights" bit.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

They don't. I don't know how else to explain it other than one man. The man who (though we love him greatly) has caused Marvel a lot of legal trouble. You can blame him for most of it.

Stan
Lee.

This guy sued his way into making huge claims with the movies and then he and his knee-jerk-if-it's-got-explosions-it's-good-like-Michael Bay-style-producing, Avi Arad, made a fortune off some films that, if you ask me, had kind of a tall order.
That is to say, they let Fox own the rights, which is one of the reasons Incredible Hulk was called Incredible Hulk, instead of "Hulk".

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they got away with that one.

And I'd like to take the time to say I told you so, but that's awful of me, so instead I'm going to say: I really hate being right.
I really did want this movie to be good, but I'm getting told from reliable sources that it's absolute shit. It's an action flick and action flick only.

Apparently Blob is amazing. And Wraith. And that's it. The rest of the movie is, essentially, a joke. It's made to run into the plot of the other three movies ((*insert shiver for stating 3*)), which you know guarantees it's crap 'cuz 1 just barely cut the cheese, 2 is cool but has a lot of weak points, and 3 is just.... lame.

It seems like Marvel really lost their grip with this, and if you notice, they blasted Hulk and Iron man out (Both were phenomenal) they let this movie be the only movie this year with Marvel's namesake on it come to theaters, and starting next year, they pump out the awesome sequels and lead up to Avengers.

Needless to say, Marvel saw this coming. They probably knew it sucked, they probably knew Spider-Man 3 was sub-par too, which is why 4 is being called by Stan Lee, "a major back to basics." All I can assume is that the heads of Marvel knew they couldn't keep a legal hold on it, so they let it go and decided to keep tabs on the big guns, the ones that did well.

Incase you're wondering about the other movie that's coming out on that May 1st, check out the thread for the new Star Trek film for more news on the only good movie coming out that day ;).
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Bman, I just asked ninja a couple of posts ago not to post spoilers. telling how the plot runs counts as a spoiler. the movie has not been officially released yet and any information from the trailer posted on here can be used against the site and its owners.

also, a lot of us don't want to hear how much the movie suuuucked before it even comes out. that version that was leaked was before the reshoots and the cgi wasn't even finished from what I hear. don't judge it based on that. I find that utterly ridiculous.
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You can find it whatever you want, but majority of my post was explaining how Marvel couldn't keep a cap on it and keep it contained.

Not to give the mods something to do, which is probably something they don't want, but I in no way released any spoilers because I did not see it with my friend.

Therefore, no spoilers. I didn't say anything that hasn't been said, rather justified it.

Also, stop clinging to the hope that the movie is still good just cuz Taylor Keitsch plays everybody's favorite little gumbo. Of course Marvel told them that version was before the CGI.
I don't care if that comes off rude, don't step on my toes like that and put words in my mouth, or imply I'm giving spoilers when I'm not.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

but I'm getting told from reliable sources that it's absolute shit. It's an action flick and action flick only.

Apparently Blob is amazing. And Wraith. And that's it. The rest of the movie is, essentially, a joke. It's made to run into the plot of the other three movies
to me, that's a spoiler and said as much in my post before this one. "telling how the plot runs counts as a spoiler." I am not putting words in your mouth. and yes, it did come off extremely rude. I was trying to be nice and civil in asking that you not post things like that at least until after the official release of the movie so I see no reason for you to speak to me that way.

[Edited on 4/9/2009 by Esynthia]
ImageImage