Stryker update

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Stryker update

Post by Bamfette »

From Shivers Magazine:

In X2, Cox portrays a character in William Stryker who's not just a villain but a villain capable of wiping out the entire mutant race. "The Reverend Willaim Stryker," Cox says with a laugh. "He's a lot like Jerry Falwell and some of those ultra-right wing conservatives who seem so dangerous when they talk. Of coure, the mutants represent an alternative order and he sees that as being evil, as evil as with they were gay or something like that....I loved 'The Usual Suspects' and I think [director Bryan Singer's] just brilliant, the way he can just run around the set and call off a bunch of shots to do," says Cox from the Victoria, British Columbia shooting location. "Patrick Stewart's who's from the same acting circle as me, he's always around, it's a very nice set. Everyone walks around. Bryan's giving me a lot of freedomwirh this Stryker character. As an actor, you love to play a character like this who's basically condemning the actor's lifestyle...I hope he's scary, but I think people will laugh at the same time. When you do as many films as I do in such a short period of time, it's hard to get attatched to one character. It's fun to go one on one with an actor like Patrick Stewart. It's almost like being back on stage."

so, looks as though they are keeping the 'reverend' part from GLMK afterall! here i was hearing they'd turned him into nothing more than a deranged army general. should be interesting.... but i have a couple worries about how this affects Nightcrawler. no doubt tey will use him as the religious opposition to Stryker...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Stryker update

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

most likely. I hope they just don't screw it up, you know, there is so much that can go wrong.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Stryker update

Post by Crawler »

Is Cox gay?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Stryker update

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

AHA! AHA! ahaaha heh he ahe ha eha eh ahe!!! I'm sorry the way that came out, flollowed by your signature..aha! "laugh: sorry man, had to be said. ahaah! *gasp!* ahaha! *falls on floor laughing*
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Stryker update

Post by Crawler »

I'd say "Shut up or I'll beat you with a sausage!" but I think that would only make matter worse...
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Stryker update

Post by KF »

*blinks*

And another topic falls victim to the Food & Sex Theory...

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Stryker update

Post by kurtlover »

LOL
Cox gay?
i read that info, i wonder if striker would have that dark past like on the graphic novella.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Stryker update

Post by Crawler »

As an actor, you love to play a character like this who's basically condemning the actor's lifestyle...
So...is Cox gay?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Stryker update

Post by Slarti »

Well, I think that would be a logical assumption from his statement. But why does it matter?

Even if he isn't gay I don't think he was gay-bashing by saying "Of course, the mutants represent an alternative order and he sees that as being evil, as evil as (if) they were gay or something like that." He's just comparing the views of the ultra-right-wing-wackos like Falwell to the character of Stryker.

So he's either liberal or gay. Or both. Either way, he just doesn't agree with the views of the character and he thinks that's fun. *shrug*
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Stryker update

Post by Crawler »

That's why I was asking. I wasn't thinking he was being anti-gay or anything. I was just wondering if he's gay himself, since that's what the statement seems to imply.