new movie news

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

The site that X-Fan doesn't like has some of the interview up already...

Of interest to us Scrawlers...
Question: Will the new characters added to the film, did they do any research by way of the comics?

Alan Cumming: Well, I'm a new person and I read some comics. It's quite impressive, actually, because not only am I playing sort of a blue mutant with all these odd physical things, but also everyone in the world apart from me seems to have some idea about how this character should look or read. So there's been a little pressure.

So, yeah, I read some comics and listened to some people. It's kind of hard because halfway through the film, I realized that Mystique is my mother. It's an ongoing learning curve.
And
Question: For Alan, how do you get prepared for being Nightcrawler?

Alan Cumming: Mentally, it's very difficult. I have to get up very early and I have some lovely, lovely makeup people that do it. You just have to get into a zone where you don't mind grown poking at your face for four hours and spraying you with stuff. Sometimes I watch films in the mirror, which is quite hard if they're sub-titled. (laughs)

I have these tattoos, and I rue the day that I was the one who actually said, "Yeah, let's go with the tattoos. They're really great." They take a lot more time to get stuck on. I'm hoping that maybe if there's a sequel there will be some sort of mutant accident that's taken place and Nightcrawler will have no tattoos and will be white.

The technology in this film is quite incredible with the effects. And I thought maybe the next time I could do the film as me and they could put the makeup on afterwards.

Rebecca Romijn-Stamos: That's what I used to think.

Alan Cumming: Yeah. There's this thing with people who contact lenses in the first film. There's sort of a thing where you pay your dues. Halle and Rebecca don't wear contact lenses any more. I noticed afterwards that I am wearing contact lenses. It must be a kind of rites of passage that you go through. Maybe next time I'll have no contact lenses.

Question: What about the tail?

Alan Cumming: The tails - sometimes I'm wearing it and sometimes I'm not. Because sometimes it's done afterwards. There's tails of various consistencies if boinginess. If I don't have the full tail, I have this stub thing with dots on it for special effects people to do things with afterwards. And that's quite popular with the ladies (laughs) and the gentlemen as well. And myself.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Bamfette »

heh, Alan seems like a cool guy. :) sounds like a really good interview. I'm glad he put some effot into reading up on the character atleast a little. if he wants to learn more of the character, i'm sure WE would be quite happy to tell him all about nighty if we could drag him here ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...I've seen him interviewed twice now (on Conan and E! News Live...taped 'em too :D) and he really does seem to be a damn likeable guy...

And did you notice he's not bitching about the make-up any more? And he seems to like the tail now :naughty:

There's a whole lot more to be read...just about the entire cast was there...and this is only the first part of it...I just skimmed out the Nighty stuff...

The whole thing..well...the first part...can be found here: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /press.htm

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Bamfette »

yeas, a great interview, i loved this quote:

Patrick Stewart: Can I just add one thing to what I said? I would like to make it absolutely clear that both Jean Luc Picard and Professor Charles Xavier could kick Captain Kirk's butt.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Knick_Knack
Lubber
Lubber

new movie news

Post by Knick_Knack »

:laugh: yes yes....they could. Anybody seen and Ian M. interviews? I want to know what the scoop wiht mags is. (by the way, he gets himself out of the plastic prison, i saw some pics of it at Entertainment weekly)
"Ok, Mr. Wagner, now play us a song on the piano now. "
"ummm...." *Looks at hand.*
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

new movie news

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

yah i saw that too! likn from shh right?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

new movie news

Post by Tabitha »

Well, Alan was right about the tail being popular with the ladies, so, yeah, I agree with you, Ms. Bamfette, he does seem like a cool guy in person.

Alan Cumming: Mentally, it's very difficult. I have to get up very early and I have some lovely, lovely makeup people that do it. You just have to get into a zone where you don't mind grown poking at your face for four hours and spraying you with stuff. Sometimes I watch films in the mirror, which is quite hard if they're sub-titled. (laughs)

I have these tattoos, and I rue the day that I was the one who actually said, "Yeah, let's go with the tattoos. They're really great." They take a lot more time to get stuck on. I'm hoping that maybe if there's a sequel there will be some sort of mutant accident that's taken place and Nightcrawler will have no tattoos and will be white.

Now, this is funny. *giggles*
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

I like the fact that he's talking about 'next time'...ie...the next movie.

Looks like our Nighty's here to stay! :D

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by kurtlover »

So cool interview! thanks for the info Nadireya!
i love this guy :)
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new movie news

Post by Betablue »

Of course, the second they decide to make him white and tattoo-free, they'll decide to make him fuzzy, too. Hiya, Mr. Bumble!
Fuzzy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Def. cool.

Post by Fuzzy »

I saw this on Comics Continuum.

I've only seen Alan on SNL, but he rocked then- plus, he was in Cabaret, so his German accent should rock. :smirk:

As far as the EW pics & Magneto- I bet the guy's got a pacemaker or something- but wouldn't it just rip out?:?

Anyway, Hey, ev'body!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

You mean they guy Mag's is holding in the air?

It's a fairly commonplace piece in the comics that Mag's controls someone by controling the iron in their blood...he can even kill this way by making it vibrate really fast and basically shreading them from within.

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Bamfette »

but that is actually scientifically impossibleas the iron in your blood is not actually magnetic at all. and McKellan said as much on his website and he says the script writers knew that as well and thus there would be no iron in the blood tricks in any of the X-Movies.
Fuzzy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

yeah...

Post by Fuzzy »

that always ticked me off...

plus, how he affects all metals- including non- magnetic ones

& he can do all sorts of other dubious stuff...
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new movie news

Post by Malice »

I'm glad he won't be able to manipulate the iron in peoples blood like in the comic. I thought that was just a bit too much. Anyway, I've seen Alan in a few things and I don't have a problem with him at all. He seems like a cool guy in those interviews I read, so here's hoping Nightcrawler rocks in X2! :D
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

new movie news

Post by kladyelf »

Question: What about the tail?

Alan Cumming: The tails - sometimes I'm wearing it and sometimes I'm not. Because sometimes it's done afterwards. There's tails of various consistencies if boinginess

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

boinginess?? :LOL: :P :LOL:

boing, boing, boingy, boingy, boing..... :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

new movie news

Post by Darkstalker »

I found this on www.comicscontinuum.com Its the producer talking about why they picked Nightcrawler, and why Alan was chosen:

X² producer Lauren Shuler Donner said that Alan Cumming brings the right qualities to his role of Nightcrawler.

"Nightcrawler is a spiritual figure and you had to believe that he was an outcast," Shuler Donner said. "Most of all he has a sense of humor. Alan Cumming has that extra sense of comic timing and comic inventiveness. His essence is fascinating. If youre in a room with Alan, your eyes go right to him. That works for the character.

"We needed Nightcrawler to draw you in not by his blue make-up, but by whats underneath the blue make-up, his versatility, his believability and his vulnerability.

Discussions were held as to which character would end up in the film: Gambit, Beast or Nightcrawler. According to Fox, the nod went to Nightcrawler because "the filmmakers saw the character as a symbol of intolerance, one of the key themes of the comics and the movies."

Nightcrawler will be seen in the first official trailer for X², which reaches theaters on Nov. 29.

Nuff said! :D
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

new movie news

Post by Elwing »

quotes like that give me hope for this movie. Spiritual outcast with sense of humor an a vulnerable side probably pretty much sums up what makes this character so fascinating, to me at least...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! YES! HELL YEAH! :D :D :D :D :bamf:
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

new movie news

Post by ahmed »

November 29th...So near, yet so far...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

no it's pretty near i'd say...this is the 34th now. so technically, it's closer than thanksgiving...and x-mas! wow! and as if that doesn't take the cake, it's before matrix previews really start to bust out and go bogey on our minds, and it's before the release of daredevil. We get a good glimpse of nighyt (and that fine youg girl known as kitty...growl :naughty:) before any other goodies comes and eats up all our good stuff reactors in our brains!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

To tell you the truth...nothing else has as much hold on the 'good stuff reactors' of my brain at the moment...

I've seen some Matrix stuff, and I was sorta "oh, right, new Matrix movie..."

I can't wait to see The Two Towers now...to see the X-Men 2 trailer! (and the movie of course)...I doubt it'll be on with the new Harry Potter one...we tend to get 'like' trailers with our movies...kids' trailers with kids' movies...action trailers with action trailer...

I haven't been this stoked about an upcoming movie since Return of the Jedi (yes...I am that old)

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

new movie news

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

wow...your that old? (lol, jk) wait how old are you?? Last time i was that "stoked" was lotr fellowship..yadda yadda, and yes two towers will rule. And I" 16 and i saw all of the original three star wars in the theatres. they released 'em all in 99 or 98 right before phantom menace, to get the hype going. supposedly, after episode III, they're gonna release 'em all again, in chronocological order, via BIg big screen theatres (imaxes) which they've already done, but sooo many have been built over the last year.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

new movie news

Post by Nandireya »

Just had a thought...

The X-Men seem to be held in awe by the students...it's probably their goal to become an X-Man...you learn control, you pay your dues and you make the team...

So how do you think Bobby and the others feel when Logan and Kurt just waltz in off the street and make the team?

unicorn_pegasus
Lubber
Lubber

new movie news

Post by unicorn_pegasus »

Reguarding the pic with Mags lifting the guy up:
You can actually make Anything hover with a strong enough magnetic field. The object does not actually have to be Ferris for it to work. Scientists have levitated Frogs with magnetic fields. :) Just thought I'd throw that out there for you guys.
Jubilee is NOT a Guttersnipe! :jubilee: - Me
In all this time, did Jubilee ever take my hand like that? No. :( - Wolverine 92 :logan:
No, darlin...Spider-Mans a sissy. - Wolverine 181 :wolvie: