X2 In WizardWorldCon-Chicago

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X2 In WizardWorldCon-Chicago

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

from

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=12662

"Today I went to WizardWorld Chicago, which, luckily, lies a mere two miles from where I live. Had a good time, though Stan Lee was supposed to show up but cancelled at the last minute.

During the day they held a screening of trailers of upcoming movies, one of which was X-Men 2. I expected the crappy trailer already on the net, but was pleasantly surprised with a 5-minute behind-the-scenes diddy. It started out with mostly footage from the first film and a voice over talking about how successful it was. Then it went on to show junket style interviews with Lauren Shuler-Donner, Ralph Winter (producers), Brian Singer (Director), and James Marsden (Cyclops). They said the usual things about how they were excited to now be able to go beyond the origin story and all that, and how the whole cast was returning. The same stuff we've been hearing for the past few months. Then they started to go a little deeper. Since all this caught me off guard, I wasn't able to retain all I saw.

First they talked about new characters. Some concept designs for Nightcrawler came on the screen (which got a sizable cheer from the crowd). He was pretty much Nightcrawler from the comics, blue skin and hair, but no yellow eyes. Most of the pictures showed him in battered street clothes or shirtless. Nothing with him in a X-Men uniform. They didn't say much about him, about his character or situation. Then they mentioned the enemy, Stryker, but didn't go into details.

Next they started showing concept sketches and production designs, and this is where the good stuff lies. They showed much about the danger room. It is indeed what we saw in the trailer, though they showed this one model of it that appeared to be elongated rather than circular. They also showed the design for the control room of the danger room, which appeared to look like a normal control room. After that they began talking about redesigns. They are indeed redesigning the costumes, though I couldn't tell from the sketches and models if they were more or less like in the comic. All I can say is that they are sleeker and more form fitting that before, and probably still black leather (I have no problem with that. I loved the uniforms from the first movie). They then said that the X-Jet plays a large part in the film, so they were redesigning that. It appeared to look the same except longer, with more room inside.

After that, they began to fly through all sorts of production designs, few of which I can remember. There were a lot of big open complexes and things like that, with Wolverine walking through many of them. One in particular appeared to be an elaborate mutant containment facility (and not the one Magneto is in). It was a large room with lots of clear cells stacked on top of each other. There was one that seemed to have an Asian girl inside. Pyslocke perhaps? Or the rumored Anne Reynolds? One other thing caught my eye. It appeared to be a design of a mutant with wings. Wings that I could have sworn were metallic. It might be that Angel is in the film after all. What's more, he was wearing some kind of uniform. Whether it was X-Men or not, I couldn't tell.

Anywho, I can tell all your readers that they definitely should be excited. I loved all I saw and all involved seemed genuinely enthusiastic. The crowd I was with loved it too.

Poliman4"

I wish he had noticed his hands and feet, I'm steel worried about those!:eek:
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

Cool!!!!!!!!
thanks for the heads up:)
anybody have pics of the nighty design scetches?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie Crawler

Post by Bamfette »

grrr...no,but i would dearly love to see them! no yellow eyes? sucky :(
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

yea, that kinda disapoints me too, mabey theyll have them glowing when he ports or something:)
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

It doesn't say, but I suppose that he will have pupils then...

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie Crawler

Post by Hsu »

I was thinking eyes like Mystiques. I mean that would make some sense right?
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

thats what im still holding out for....i just dont want them to mess him up:P
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie Crawler

Post by Booker »

The only way he'd be so screwed up that I wouldn't like him would be if they turned him another color or something. I'm just peeing my pants about the fact that he's going to be in the stupid movie. **squee**
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BAMFCentral »

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/ne ... 7064,16941,

Not much more said, but thought I would throw it out there.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Movie Crawler

Post by Crawler »

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if his eyes were like Evo Kurt's. As has been said before, no pupils keeps people from identifying with a character, for some reason. It's important to have NC look kinda unearthly, but I think it's even more important for the audience to relate to or at least care for the character.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Movie Crawler

Post by Crawler »

Thanks for the heads up, BC. ;)
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Movie Crawler

Post by Crawler »

Skipping around over there, I found this. It's Patrick Stewart on script leaks...he echoes my feeling perfectly.
"That annoys the hell out of me. I don't know why people want to know what's going to happen. What satisfaction could you get out of that? I understand people wanting to know who's in it, who are the villains, but blow-by-blow accounts mystify me. On X-Men 2 I have a script with my name and code number printed across every page. It's a case of 'read your script and eat it.'"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Movie Crawler

Post by Slarti »

I agree. What's the point of knowing every single detail? Why see the movie then? I'd rather be in the dark about most of the movie so that I can be hopefully pleasantly surprized when I finally see it. I don't get the people who are so rabid about knowing the entire story and running to the internet. I think they just want to be in the movie industry themselves and don't know how else to feel a part of it other than by ruining it for everyone else.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Movie Crawler

Post by Crawler »

I think it's just that no one has any patience anymore...I, personally, love the anticipation that teases and little bits of info about something that I'm looking forward to invoke. That's where most of the excitment comes in. But a whole mess of people jsut can't seem to have the patience to enjoy anticipa

tion. ;)
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie Crawler

Post by ces »

Here's another one who agrees! I tend to skip the bits that deals with plot and so on, the only thing I really want to know is how Nighty is going to look like... But it's not a such long time before it hits the biographies. Sometimes I have patience.
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

ditto, i have no desire to know the plot, im just concerned with charachter designs and stuff like that. Sometimes tho a little hint is good, just enough to get interested.:)
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Movie Crawler

Post by Elwing »

By the way, I love the idea of getting a good look at the Blackbird this time. One of the coolest planes ever built; I hope they don't drift too far from the original Lockheed design!:kitty:
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Movie Crawler

Post by Slarti »

Sucky. I figured he'd have yellow eyes with pupils, like Mystique, and that would have been cool. It's also possible they're not giving him yellow eyes so he won't be too closely associated with Mystique. After all, if he's blue and yellow-eyed and she's blue and yellow-eyed there'd be an immediate connection in the minds of the audience and maybe they don't want that. On the other hand, I could see them wanting the audience to assume he's a bad guy BECAUSE he looks like a previously introduced villian.

I dunno. It may be that guy's just wrong, or the character design may change again. Or maybe we will get a bland-eyed Nighty. Yuck.

I'm going to a comic con in Minnesota in September, and I hope by then that I can bring back lots of promo goodies to share, instead of relying on the dorks at AICN!
:D
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

The Continuum has some images of the film shown In WizrdWorldCon, go to
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm
It has an Image of Nightcrawler, but don't expect much...

Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie Crawler

Post by Hsu »

Did anyone else go here?
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

Look it's a Nightcrawler movie sketch! YEE! :D
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

YEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
cool cool cool!
Thanks HSU!!!!!!:P :D:):)
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie Crawler

Post by BlueJubatus »

from x-fan * Winter: We're doing Nightcrawler, which is very interesting. He looks like a demon, but he's very religious.
Well, they got the religious aspect down, now im crossing my fingers and toes that they get the swashbucklingness down too:D
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie Crawler

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by BlueJubatus
from x-fan * Winter: We're doing Nightcrawler, which is very interesting. He looks like a demon, but he's very religious.
Well, they got the religious aspect down, now im crossing my fingers and toes that they get the swashbucklingness down too:D
Swashbucklingness! W00T! Good word usage! I'm a little bummed that they're making him very religious. I mean it'll look silly for somemone who was brainwashed into trying to kill someone to then go and talk about God.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie Crawler

Post by Bamfette »

they are keeping his circus background too, and yes, i too am dissapointed they are making a point of making him deeply religious, i don't want to feel like i'm watching TAS Nighty... every time i watch those i just graon to myself...

but the sketch, while blurry is cool! exept... *looks closely* do you think that bit in the lower left could be his tail? if so... gag, it looks segmented....
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Movie Crawler

Post by Garble »

Hmm.. That pic looks like he could have yellow eyes with black pupils to me... But it could just be discolored.

the part that wories me.
"* Winter: We're doing Nightcrawler, which is very interesting. He looks like a demon, but he's very religious"

I just wann know what's meant by "very"