mainstream 2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

mainstream 2

Post by Tabitha »

I've got a question for you all.

In the episode Mainstream (I saw the pics and they have new clothes), do you think Kurt and Amanda are gonna break up?
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Evo 'crawler: "Mainstream"

Post by jogurt »

Originally posted by Tabitha

In the episode Mainstream (I saw the pics and they have new clothes), do you think Kurt and Amanda are gonna break up?
At the moment it could be a bit difficult too have any outa relations I guess...
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

In the pic of the pair of them he looks more stunned than upset...maybe she's asking him why he's still using the image inducer now that mutants are 'out of the closet'...or maybe she just came up to him and hugged him tightly and he's "Huh? You don't care what other's will think?"

I doubt she'd break up with him for personal reasons...she knew what he was and liked him regardless...but she's shy...she might be scared of what'll happen to her is she doesn't...but then, Kurt wasn't quite as 'outed' as some of the others...he was blue and furry on TV...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

I think you're right. Amanda didn't look to happy to see him. And, if they did managed to pull a relationship, it would be like a Mary Jane/Spiderman incident type thingy.

Remember what happened to Gwen Stacy? The same thing could happen to Amanda. Hey, why am I so concerned about Amanda? Oh, well, at least season 3 is going to be a bumpy ride for them.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Nandireya
In the pic of the pair of them he looks more stunned than upset...maybe she's asking him why he's still using the image inducer now that mutants are 'out of the closet'...or maybe she just came up to him and hugged him tightly and he's "Huh? You don't care what other's will think?"

I doubt she'd break up with him for personal reasons...she knew what he was and liked him regardless...but she's shy...she might be scared of what'll happen to her is she doesn't...but then, Kurt wasn't quite as 'outed' as some of the others...he was blue and furry on TV...
Yes, i remember something on this was discussed when Shadow Dance came, i remember reading something about Amanda finding out about Kurt's true appeareance and didn't mind about it at all, i guess it was on hostboard.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

I agree completely. I doubt the X-Men Evolution Amanda will use Kurt like the Amanda Sefton in the regular X-men comics. Amanda had a big crush on him since he first came to the school.

She accepted his appearance, but I'm not so sure about the episode of "Mainstream". I'm worried that she might wind up like Gwen Stacy.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jogurt »

Hey don´t kill my Babe...!
grrr... bluefuzzyguy alert!
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I agree completely. I doubt the X-Men Evolution Amanda will use Kurt like the Amanda Sefton in the regular X-men comics. Amanda had a big crush on him since he first came to the school.

She accepted his appearance, but I'm not so sure about the episode of "Mainstream". I'm worried that she might wind up like Gwen Stacy.
You mean falling off the Brooklyn Bridge? :shocked: I doubt they'd do anything like that in Evo...she might get picked on and need her knight in blue fuzzy armour to come to her rescue...;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

well, after watching the latest episode, well, heeheehee

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

a
l
e
r
t

Well, I think Amanda is more of Kurt's knight in shining armor ;)
But it was rather neat, definitely.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

WHAT?! You're saying that you've just saw it already? Yu-Gi-Oh is still on at my time, I'm waiting for X-Men Evolution to turn on.

Anyways, I remember having a dream once that involved the X-Men Evolution Season 03.

There I was, hanging over the Brooklyn Bridge by a rope and I was tied and unconscious at the same time. And where was Kurty? With Amanda! Not even realizing that I needed saving!
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

yeah, you got the LA station while I got both LA and New York, so I already taped it and am going to watch it again :D well, watch it all the way through this time. :shame:

But I DO have big teeth.
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Anyone else catch the episode? Be interesting to see what y'all thought of the large screentime the fuzzy one got (aleit in non fuzz fom)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Kurt didn't really stand by his friends until the end of the episode, guess he has a fitting in complex. The girl named Amanda (doesn't look like Sefton) pops in again too, and it was cool to see her again.

Unfortunetely it looks lke they'e breaking up Lance and Kitty (but judging twards they're hurt comments towards one another, there'sbound to be angst from the fall-out.)

Altough Wanda wan't around, the BH Stillhad sme fighting tim, although it looks like they're rerting to the zero-personalty thugs of easo 1.

Oh, and Colosuss showed up to have a litle fight with Wolverine, and apparently he's not totally evil (too bad, I was hoping for him to be a full-on bad guy in Evo. Oh well. There's always Gambit.) Although if Magneto is blackmailing him in some way, could we be seeing Evo Illyana sometime soon?

Also, it appears most, if not all of the New Mutants are gone too. Too bad.

All things considered, the episode was alright, in my opinion, but some things jut didn't gel.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

the New mutants will be back, but wait, Multiple was here, and wasn't he one to go into the Morlocks tunnel?

and I moved this thread here, as its more Evo than just Kurt.

But I DO have big teeth.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

I think Kurt and Amanda remained just friends, for they didn't act like a couple that and then. That episode really got me upset about mutant racisim. If I were over there at Bayville High School, I would stand up for them, that's for sure.

We all saw what type of man Principal Kelly is and he has a future in politics for sure! Jubilee and all the rest of the younger mutants were sent home, for their parents feared for their safety. That's kind of sad...
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

hmmm, well, I don't mind it, I mean, its not like it hasn't happened and still happens for Homophobia and racism. Although rarely to this extreme.

And I doubt Kelly will go into politics in Evolution.

But I DO have big teeth.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

Yeah, but still, that episode has a lesson about racisim and I totally agreed with Jean Grey when she made that speech of hers. And I felt sorry for poor Kurt, cause I understand that his worse fears are these things: Rejected and being treated like a reject.

The Evolution Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler is more like his comic adult counterpart than we think! I was glad of that! They kept his swashbuckling, sweet, charming personality.

That's true, too, that Kelly won't go into politics, but too me, he still sounds like a politician.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

naw, he sounds like one of many. He is vocal of his opinions, there are enough people like that.

But I DO have big teeth.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Okay.. Assuming everyone's seen the latest episode now.
****SPOILERS*****
What do you guys think of Kurt wanting to stay "normal" for as long as possible? At first I was afraid they were going to make him seem superficial and stupid. But I think they made him easy to forgive. After all, he's been an outsider all his life. It make sense that he wouldn't want to go back to having people be afraid of him, especially when he has such an easy out like that.
I never really doubted he'd stick to is friends in the end, but I'm wondering how long he's gonna keep using his holowatch.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

Well, he did say something to Kitty when she wanted him to reveal his true self, but he said, "One step at a time". Like I've said in the other thread, his worse fear is obviously A) Rejection and B) being treated like a reject.

And as for how long he's gonna use his Image inducer, probably for awhile, unless he's ready to reveal his true self. And if that ever happens, the reaction could probably be this:

"Demon! He's a demon! It's the end of the world! He'll destroy us all, unless we destroy him first!"

But hey, it could happen.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jogurt »

And I can`t say anything to this because I havent seen it !
I have to wait always a week or two ...sniff
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

yah i missed that one, today i mean.... rather disappointed. I slept in. A looong time. to long.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I think Kurt and Amanda are still a couple. they didn't have enough screen time together to make any sort of judgement about them being just friends. if that were the case the writers would have made a point of mentioning it, like with Kitty and Lance. it was clear, however that she would not dump him as soon as his secret was out, sicne she thought it was out, and she still went and talked to him infront of several people. so that's nice for him. :)

Yeah, Kurt was a bit of a jerk to his friends, but at the same time, you could see where he's coming from. I mean you can't really blame him.... he's a freak, and for once he is considered normal. It would be tough to give that up, I know I wouldn't want to. I wonder how long it will take before he will go minus image inducer entirely? i think they are working up to that point.

it was nice to see Colossus finally talk :D I too think that the reasons he is with Magneto have something to do with Illyana... but just what, i am not sure. kidnapped? sick? (if THAT is the case i fear for poor Colossus...) i really want him to join the team. he seems a lot more like his Ultimate counterpart than his 616 version though. tougher and all... one thing that bothered me was the bike chase though. i mean he wanted to deliver a message and he smacks cars all around and chases Wolverine and bla bla bla? seemed gratuitous (the physics problems of him hitting that truck and knocking it off balance aside)

another thing that bothered me was where did Wanda go? she seems to have jsut dissapeared... unless i am forgetting something big from last episode.

and Duncan, gawd, i hate him! but that is not a complaint abotu the show, since i think we are supposed to hate him :p the little JERK! :mad:

overall tho, i liked it, despite wanting to smack Kurt half the episode, identifying with him or not :p
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I can see some good reasons for him to continue using his image inducer even after being exposed as a mutant. For one, it's still a delicate time and him looking like a demon and all, might not help.
Of course I have personal reasons for not wanting him to ditch the inducer all together. (I like seeing "myself" on TV)

I explained on the other thread about how I can understand (though not aprove) of his ditching his friends.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

He didn't ditch anyone. He just was overly protective of his reputation...*cough!*denial*cough*
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

Well, I didnae actually mind it at all. I mean, he also would have had some of the worst treatment for being a mutant.

And Duncan, well, I never liked him, but liking Scott is a bit easier with those two.

But, well, I'm glad the parents were a wee bit more understanding then the students, which struck me as just a wee bit weird. Kelly on the other hand, I mean, he may be loathsome, but hey, he is written well. Same with Duncan.

And as for the delivering the message, well, I'm not surprised it turned out like that, and for inplausability, Logan's bike clearing the truck, :rolleyes: :smirk:

But I DO have big teeth.